Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Godzilla vs Kong movie thread 2021

Official Godzilla vs Kong movie thread 2021

Legendary Pictures released the first full trailer of the upcoming Kaiju throw-down starring King Kong and Godzilla!

Looks about what I would expect... after all, we come for the giant monster fights... the story is just par for the course.

I like the locations that I see in the trailer as well. (Although, could a naval ship hold the weight of both Kong and 'zilla?)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Great trailer but the fight is way too one sided.

This looks pretty cool. Hopefully Kong and Godzilla are on screen a lot more than in the previous movies.
    Some of the toys that are being released for the movie also look great...might have to buy some lol.

Unless they made Kong a lot more powerful in the new movies, I should think Godzilla would trounce him easily enough.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Unless they made Kong a lot more powerful in the new movies, I should think Godzilla would trounce him easily enough.
    Well it was outright stated in Skull Island that Kong wasn't fully grown, so there's allways that as an explanation, maybe he will even get the lightning powers that Toho Kong had.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Well it was outright stated in Skull Island that Kong wasn't fully grown, so there's allways that as an explanation, maybe he will even get the lightning powers that Toho Kong had.
    This has been the popular opinion going all the way back to when the film was first announced.

It always makes me chuckle when people just write-off Kong as the clear loser because "he's just a giant gorilla going up against a radioactive lazer-belching super lizard!"

Personally, I like the David & Goliath aspect of the movie... Godzilla may have the upper hand in distance, but in close-quarters, Kong is more agile, flexible, and faster. Seriously, trying to quickly pivot with a 550 foot tail must be a nightmare!!

A big hope that I have (even though there is a 0.000000001% chance of it happening) is that Ultraman shows up at the end of this movie, maybe even in a mid-credits scene. It's been far too long since Americans have been blessed with the awesomeness that is Ultraman!!
    Last edited by Ornclown; January 26, 2021 at 12:18am.

Bang Your Head
    This trailer was very "meh" and what you would expect from Hollywood.
    "Godzilla is acting strange, and we don't know why"... Okay, that's fine, but let the audience know why somewhere in the film.

Much like the last two Godzilla films, I'm sure I will be bored out of my mind (which is unfortunate since I grew up watching Godzilla films). Skull Island on the other hand, was a pretty solid film.

I feel that this movie will be all hype, and when it's released, it'll just ok and a disappointment...

I’m definitely Team Godzilla. This movie could be fun, I hope it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This has been the popular opinion going all the way back to when the film was first announced.

It always makes me chuckle when people just write-off Kong as the clear loser because "he's just a giant gorilla going up against a radioactive lazer-belching super lizard!"

Personally, I like the David & Goliath aspect of the movie... Godzilla may have the upper hand in distance, but in close-quarters, Kong is more agile, flexible, and faster. Seriously, trying to quickly pivot with a 550 foot tail must be a nightmare!!

A big hope that I have (even though there is a 0.000000001% chance of it happening) is that Ultraman shows up at the end of this movie, maybe even in a mid-credits scene. It's been far too long since Americans have been blessed with the awesomeness that is Ultraman!!
    Well Godzilla does have his omni directional nuclear pulse.

And while it's not Ultraman there is at least a famous kaiju beyond Godzilla and Kong in the film, shame it got spoilt months in advance.
    Last edited by A Dalek; January 26, 2021 at 07:35am.

Heroic Warrior
    I am looking forward to seeing the movie but I worry I will be disappointed. Other the skull island I havenít overly enjoyed the monsterverse tbh. I do love a giant monster movie though

How can anyone get excited over this crap?

My kid is hyped for this. We've all enjoyed the other entries in the series (but she hasn't seen KSI yet).
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

This director made two of my favorite flicks... You're Next and The Guest.
    I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he's done with this.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I've enjoyed all the monsterverse films so far, and I think it looks fun. A return to the summer popcorn blockbuster. And yes, I think there is clearly a third party involved with Godzilla's apparent heel turn.

My prediction: MECHAGODZILLA!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior
    Needs to be louder, with more rap music.

Iíve only ever seen one bad godzilla movie and it wasnít either of the last two, so yes this is on my looking forward to list, although I wasnít that fussed about skull island.

I am Gond the moon with this trailer. Iím a huuuuge Godzilla fan, I even had a Godzilla themed bday party back before COVID hit.

This looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I've enjoyed all the monsterverse films so far, and I think it looks fun. A return to the summer popcorn blockbuster. And yes, I think there is clearly a third party involved with Godzilla's apparent heel turn.

Heís shown In two places in the trailer in blink and youíll miss him moments. The biggest moment is he is shown in the background on a computer screen.
    cogito ergo doleo

My guess is Godzilla and Kong will start off as "enemies", and then join forces to defeat Mechagodzilla (and maybe others). The trailer has just made me realise how much I've missed summer blockbusters. All that wanton destruction and noise, how I've missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post

Agreed.

These have been very fun movies. I am looking forward to this one just as I have the others.

I only hope that this isn't the last of Legendary's Monsterverse flicks...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am Gond the moon with this trailer. Iím a huuuuge Godzilla fan, I even had a Godzilla themed bday party back before COVID hit.

This looks amazing.
    You and me both!

I've been a fan since the day my dad introduced me to Godzilla when I was a wee tot!

Even though I'm more of a Gamera man myself, I still have every single Godzilla release in my movie collection... and there are a LOT!

godzillavsgamera1.jpg

godzillavsgamera2.jpg

kong ultraman.jpg

I mean the Heisei Gamra trilogy are probably the best kaiju movies ever, so I can't blame you for being more of a Gamera fan.

Agreed.

These have been very fun movies. I am looking forward to this one just as I have the others.

I only hope that this isn't the last of Legendary's Monsterverse flicks...

- - - Updated - - -

You and me both!

I've been a fan since the day my dad introduced me to Godzilla when I was a wee tot!

Even though I'm more of a Gamera man myself, I still have every single Godzilla release in my movie collection... and there are a LOT!

godzillavsgamera1.jpg

godzillavsgamera2.jpg

kong ultraman.jpg
    Those figures are awesome. What versions are they? I have been thinking about getting some of the NECA Godzilla and Kong figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Those figures are awesome. What versions are they? I have been thinking about getting some of the NECA Godzilla and Kong figures.
    I'm not sure but I think the Gamera and Godzilla ones are SH Monsterarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The Gamera is an S.H. Monsterarts figure from Gamera 2: Advent of Legion (One of the greatest kaiju movies of all time!)... also, my favorite version of the character.

The Godzilla is also an S.H. Monsterarts figure from King Kong vs Godzilla (1962). My all-time favorite version of 'Zilla!

If you have the money, then I would highly suggest picking some of these guys up... they are far-and-away some of the best *poseable* figures ever produced for these properties. (X-Plus has long been the gold-standard for the non-poseable kaiju figures.)

Also, Bandai just announced Monsterarts figures based on the new movie!!

I've already got these two pre-ordered... and I'm sure there will be a third when the movie is released. The "true" antagonist of the movie...

Just gonna add that SH Monsterarts are a subline of SH Figuarts (although everyone probably already figured that), outside of Godzilla stuff, they also do Alien and Predator figures.

Although that being said I never really got the point of them being a separate line. Given that that there are already so many franchises under the SH Figuarts line.

Anyway does anyone get the feeling the film will harken back to Mecha G's original appearance and have the rampaging Godzilla be Mechagodzilla under synthetic skin? The Monsterverse has allways felt more like a modernisation of the Showa Godzilla movies, than anything else, so it would make sense to have that kind of call back.

The Gamera is an S.H. Monsterarts figure from Gamera 2: Advent of Legion (One of the greatest kaiju movies of all time!)... also, my favorite version of the character.

The Godzilla is also an S.H. Monsterarts figure from King Kong vs Godzilla (1962). My all-time favorite version of 'Zilla!

If you have the money, then I would highly suggest picking some of these guys up... they are far-and-away some of the best *poseable* figures ever produced for these properties. (X-Plus has long been the gold-standard for the non-poseable kaiju figures.)

Also, Bandai just announced Monsterarts figures based on the new movie!!

https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp..._d-816x478.jpg

I've already got these two pre-ordered... and I'm sure there will be a third when the movie is released. The "true" antagonist of the movie...
    LOVE Your figure set up and I love me some Gamera as well. I need to pick that figure!

Those new Monsterarts figures are amazing at first I thought it was a movie still they are that great. I already have them preordered and when they announce mechgodzilla I will preorder that one too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Anyway does anyone get the feeling the film will harken back to Mecha G's original appearance and have the rampaging Godzilla be Mechagodzilla under synthetic skin? The Monsterverse has allways felt more like a modernisation of the Showa Godzilla movies, than anything else, so it would make sense to have that kind of call back.
    I think that is EXACTLY what will happen.

I predict, based on the synopsis and trailer this is how it will go.

Apex wants to rule the world/titans.

To do that they need Godzilla out of the way.

They create mechagodzilla and disguise it as the real godzilla, ala the 1974 movie.

Godzilla is blamed for all the destruction and Monarch is forced to get the only titan they know of that can maybe take out Godzilla, Kong.

They bring Kong to where godzilla was last seen in the ocean and they fight on the aircraft carriers. Godzilla wins this round.

Monarch brings Kong back to skull island/Hollow earth to heal up. They find some temple made by people that worship kong and find his big ol axe that is made from the fins and bones of a Godzilla. The same axe we see in the trailer.

Godzilla is rampaging again and they bring in Kong to fight. in Hong Kong

Kong and Godzilla fight. Kong is 'killed' or knocked down. Godzilla is nearly knocked down. Just as he is about to perform the kill ANOTHER godzilla shows up?!?!?

The new godzilla drops its disguise and it is MG.

MG and godzilla fight and godzilla is almost killed and Kong jumps back in and its 2 on 1.

They defeat MG and after have one last fight to see who is dominant.

Kong somehow wins and then is referred to KING Kong afterwards.
    cogito ergo doleo