Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Godzilla vs Kong movie thread 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I know!!

I have a pretty large One:12 collection, and Mezco's light up features are always done really well!

I'm excited... even if does take two more years to finally come out.
    I finally broke down and bought one, hellboy. Itís great. I always knew they were but Iím not a huge cloth outfit figure collector but with ultraman, who is supposed to look like heís wearing a spandex type outfit itís gonna look great.
    cogito ergo doleo

This latest compilation has a bunch of new movie clips at the beginning:

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I finally broke down and bought one, hellboy. Itís great. I always knew they were but Iím not a huge cloth outfit figure collector but with ultraman, who is supposed to look like heís wearing a spandex type outfit itís gonna look great.
    Yeah, Hellboy turned out great. I would love a comic version of Hellboy in the One:12 line too.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

This latest compilation has a bunch of new movie clips at the beginning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AsCXYkeVpY

Yeah, Hellboy turned out great. I would love a comic version of Hellboy in the One:12 line too.
    there is the 1000toys comic version of hellboy.
    cogito ergo doleo

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Iím really REALLY excited for this movie. Team Kong!
    [B]Battletag = Hordack#1465

We are less than a week away from the movie!!!

Early reviews are leaning very positive!

https://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-k...views-preview/

I can't wait!

Also, the latest overseas trailer... watch it all the way to the end

Bang Your Head
    The final fight looks to be your typical, played out trope of 2 forces coming together to take on mutual threat.

Where is Kong getting this massive stick to use as an ax, and how is it able to take the abuse it's taking? Physics please.

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    The final fight looks to be your typical, played out trope of 2 forces coming together to take on mutual threat.

Where is Kong getting this massive stick to use as an ax, and how is it able to take the abuse it's taking? Physics please.
    I'm pretty sure Kong and Godzilla would implode under their own weight, just by standing up, if physics were a concern in these films.

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post

Itís explained in the movie.
    cogito ergo doleo

Itís explained in the movie.
    I'm pretty psyched for this movie!

Heroic Warrior
    Just finished watching Godzilla vs Kong.
    I really enjoyed it but it certainly isnít what it says on the tin.

Out of 1hr 45min without closing credits. The pair face off for only 12mins in total.
    Itís a very human/Kong based movie with Godzilla showing up a few times before the end. Mechagodzilla features for about 10/15mins most of it offscreen. Iím unsure of what his origin story is but Iím pretty sure this wasnít it.

All in all it was a good movie albeit a bit silly in places. I look forward to seeing what people think, got a feeling it will vastly split peopleís opinions

Now that it premiered I will give my tiny review.

I loved it, it is exactly what I wanted and expected.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that is EXACTLY what will happen.

I predict, based on the synopsis and trailer this is how it will go.

Apex wants to rule the world/titans.

To do that they need Godzilla out of the way.

They create mechagodzilla and disguise it as the real godzilla, ala the 1974 movie.

Godzilla is blamed for all the destruction and Monarch is forced to get the only titan they know of that can maybe take out Godzilla, Kong.

They bring Kong to where godzilla was last seen in the ocean and they fight on the aircraft carriers. Godzilla wins this round.

Monarch brings Kong back to skull island/Hollow earth to heal up. They find some temple made by people that worship kong and find his big ol axe that is made from the fins and bones of a Godzilla. The same axe we see in the trailer.

Godzilla is rampaging again and they bring in Kong to fight. in Hong Kong

Kong and Godzilla fight. Kong is 'killed' or knocked down. Godzilla is nearly knocked down. Just as he is about to perform the kill ANOTHER godzilla shows up?!?!?

The new godzilla drops its disguise and it is MG.

MG and godzilla fight and godzilla is almost killed and Kong jumps back in and its 2 on 1.

They defeat MG and after have one last fight to see who is dominant.

Kong somehow wins and then is referred to KING Kong afterwards.
    SO how close was I?

Here is what I got right

-Apex wants to rule the world/titans. To do that they need Godzilla out of the way.

They create mechagodzilla

Godzilla is blamed for all the destruction and Monarch is forced to get the only titan they know of that can maybe take out Godzilla, Kong.

they fight on the aircraft carriers. Godzilla wins this round.

Monarch brings Kong back to skull island/Hollow earth to heal up. They find some temple made by people that worship kong and find his big ol axe that is made from the fins and bones of a Godzilla. The same axe we see in the trailer.

Godzilla is rampaging again and they bring in Kong to fight. in Hong Kong (I give myself a half point)

Kong and Godzilla fight. Kong is 'killed' or knocked down. Godzilla is nearly knocked down.

MG and godzilla fight and godzilla is almost killed and Kong jumps back in and its 2 on 1.

They defeat MG
    cogito ergo doleo

Yes!!

I knew that Ghidorah was going to have something to do with it!

Another route that they could take might lean more toward 1993's Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II...

Based on what we saw at the end of Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Mechagodzilla could be engineered from the remains of Ghidorah, and used as the catalyst for bringing the most powerful kaiju into conflict.
    This was a very fun movie.

I always feel that Kong gets the short end of the stick sometimes, so it was nice to see such a focus on him in this movie.

I will say that the Hong Kong fight is -BRUTAL!!!-

Especially after MechaGodzilla shows up!

The CGI is really well-done, and the human interactions are serviceable... but, c'mon, we are all here for the MONSTERS!!

On a side note, there was apparently going to be a post-credits scene for this movie, but it was cut because the director shifted it to a different part of the actual movie and, the studio isn't sure where the monsterverse is going from here...
    Last edited by Ornclown; April 2, 2021 at 01:49am.

Heroic Warrior
    Watched this again with my 12yo son and he loved it. Really enjoyed watching it as he was cheering for Kong the whole way through and quite visible excited by the fight scenes. There were some bits that he needed explaining but it was fun to watch the movie through his eyes. He got quite a different experience watching it than I did. I really enjoy other peopleís perspectives on film I both enjoy and donít enjoy. Thatís why I love the debates on here on what people think worked and what didnít.
    Although I enjoyed the movie I couldíve done with just a little bit more Godzilla vs Kong stuff, but the stuff they did have was pretty cool

Now that it premiered I will give my tiny review.

I loved it, it is exactly what I wanted and expected.

- - - Updated - - -

SO how close was I?
    Quite impressive, King Kahn! Then why watch the movie if you nailed most of it!

We really enjoyed it. Like many others have mentioned, the story was atrocious (at least with the humans), but we were here for the fights, which it delivered on!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

We watched it last night, and enjoyed it, but I definitely think it was the weakest entry in the series so far. Sure, it was lots of big, fun Monster mayhem, but Iím not sure certain major plot elements made much sense. (Why did they need Kong, exactly?) (Mind, I did have to hit the kitchen for a few moments, so maybe I missed the post explaining why the people couldnít have simply flown into that tunnel without him...?)

I wouldíve liked more; the other entries seemed to have more depth (as much as one needs for a movie like this). I think my favorite character was the little girl.

Overall, itís certainly worth the watch. My daughter fell asleep (not from boredom; sheís had a late night the day before), so Iíll give it another look to see how I feel.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

I watched it with my kids on HBO Max. There was nothing spectacular about it, but it was a good popcorn flick. I guess I would say that...

Godzilla wins the battle between him and King Kong, although one could make the argument of a draw. It seems like Godzilla asserts his alpha maleness at the end and King Kong is like "sure, whatever."

I mostly enjoyed it, but as usual found the "human component" to be the worst part of the movie- I feel like they were unnecessarily tethered to the human characters from the previous movie and that they weren't at all necessary (though the newly introduced ones weren't that much better).

Out of the "series", I think Kong: Skull Island was the only one where I truly enjoyed the human characters and overall plot.
    The special effects, score, and action cinematography were all excellent though- if anything, this made me excited to see Adam Wingard's take on ThunderCats.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

#PutCliffordintheMonsterverse
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

If anyone wanted to get their hands on a Monsterarts Godzilla figure, BBTS has just listed the Biollante version (Godzilla 1989)!!

This is undoubtedly one of 'Zilla's most iconic appearances and a great start if you haven't taken the S.H. Monsterarts plunge yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    We watched it last night, and enjoyed it, but I definitely think it was the weakest entry in the series so far. Sure, it was lots of big, fun Monster mayhem, but Iím not sure certain major plot elements made much sense. (Why did they need Kong, exactly?) (Mind, I did have to hit the kitchen for a few moments, so maybe I missed the post explaining why the people couldnít have simply flown into that tunnel without him...?)

I wouldíve liked more; the other entries seemed to have more depth (as much as one needs for a movie like this). I think my favorite character was the little girl.

Overall, itís certainly worth the watch. My daughter fell asleep (not from boredom; sheís had a late night the day before), so Iíll give it another look to see how I feel.
    I felt very much the same way. I liked all the other movies in the series just fine - even "King of the Monsters", which a LOT of people seem to hate - but this one fell far short of the mark, for me. It didn't feel as "epic" as it should have. The plot was a jumbled mess. The dialog was AWFUL. Like almost every single word anyone said was either forced exposition OR a bad joke. After about 45 minutes I couldn't be bothered to try and follow the "plot" anymore. All the monster fight stuff mostly delivered, but I don't feel like as an actual MOVIE this one has much rewatch value. I think most people could watch a 20-minute YouTube video of the fights and not miss anything of substance.

I hear a ton of people all over the place say that "These movies are just about the monster fights, you don't even need Characters and Plot and so they're not worth getting hung up on." And some people say that the characters and plot stuff in the previous three films was also all terrible. I hear that, but I don't agree. I think those things could have been done better in each movie, for sure, but I didn't think the actual Characters and Plot were "bad" in the other films. I do think they were bad in this one, though. And I feel like the people who made This Movie, listened too heavily to Those People. "We don't even need things to make any sense, it's all just taking up space before the Money Shot, anyway." And I just don't agree with that.

The earlier films - even KOTM - felt like "real movies", to various degrees. This felt like Product. It felt like they started off by filming the monster fights, and then just went about making up a bunch of stuff they could string together into some kind of narrative. Lots of bad/questionable choices. Like, did Millie Bobby Brown technically even need to be in the movie? I'm not against it as an idea, I'm just saying... she's the biggest "name" in the movie, I think, and she does almost nothing. Her idiot sidekick gets a ton more to do, and that kid was GHASTLY. I kept hoping he'd get killed off just so he wouldn't annoy me any further. And they introduce Serizawa's son in Act I, give him NOTHING to do until Act III, and at no point do we even really get to know him as a character, why he's doing any of this... nothing. There was an actual good story in there, and they completely "Noped" it. And call me crazy, but that sort of thing seems KIND OF IMPORTANT. We get nothing with him, but loads of bad comedy with Conspiracy Podcast Guy and the chubby nerd kid. Like, WHY?

I didn't hate it, and there is stuff to like about it, but I was disappointed. I keep having to tell myself I liked it, and that's not a good sign.

I am sincerely hoping that I will like it better upon another viewing. My wife wanted to rewatch the entire series again, anyway. I just can't help feeling like this one really is the "worst" of the four movies, and that's a shame. But there's no getting around it; they didn't put any work at all into ANYTHING that wasn't Monster Fight scenes. It's a very lazy and perfunctory movie, in ways the others were not.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

If anyone wanted to get their hands on a Monsterarts Godzilla figure, BBTS has just listed the Biollante version (Godzilla 1989)!!

This is undoubtedly one of 'Zilla's most iconic appearances and a great start if you haven't taken the S.H. Monsterarts plunge yet.

https://bbts1.azureedge.net/images/p...056e75c410.jpg
    I've been looking for the one of Final Wars Gigan, but I can never find it at a reasonable price.

Something I've been thinking about...

In both of his Legendary Monsterverse movies, King Kong is only referred to as Kong. Kong Skull Island and Godzilla vs Kong both leave the "King" out of his moniker.

This leads me to predict that the next movie (gods willing) will be titled King Kong: Hollow Earth.

Anyway, here is some awesome news:

'Box Office: ĎGodzilla vs. Kongí Sets Pandemic Record With $48.5 Million Debut '

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/b...rd-1234943885/

Maybe the Monsterverse isn't done just yet?

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I've been looking for the one of Final Wars Gigan, but I can never find it at a reasonable price.
    Yeah, the S.H. MonsterArts figures get ridiculously expensive...

Before they re-released Biollante, I paid close to $400 for mine... and I haven't even taken her out of the box yet!!

I've got my trigger finger ready for when they announce MechaGodzilla (2021). The Kiryu figure literally quadrupled in price a month after it was released... I want one so badly!

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Quite impressive, King Kahn! Then why watch the movie if you nailed most of it!

We really enjoyed it. Like many others have mentioned, the story was atrocious (at least with the humans), but we were here for the fights, which it delivered on!
    Even though I could figure out the story beats itís still all about the experience and the spectacle.

- - - Updated - - -

In both of his Legendary Monsterverse movies, King Kong is only referred to as Kong. Kong Skull Island and Godzilla vs Kong both leave the "King" out of his moniker.

This leads me to predict that the next movie (gods willing) will be titled King Kong: Hollow Earth.

'Box Office: ĎGodzilla vs. Kongí Sets Pandemic Record With $48.5 Million Debut '

Before they re-released Biollante, I paid close to $400 for mine... and I haven't even taken her out of the box yet!!

I've got my trigger finger ready for when they announce MechaGodzilla (2021). The Kiryu figure literally quadrupled in price a month after it was released... I want one so badly!
    I had read itís because universal actually owns the ďKing KongĒ name hence why they never called him king.

I do hope we get more movies and I hope the next kong movie deals with him finding more of his species in hollow earth.

Yeah a 2021 MG was all but announced awhile ago. Iíd guarantee we will get one. I am mad I got into the monsterarts game late so still donít own any mechagodzillas due to the aftermarket cost. I can only really hope for a rerelease on those like biolante.
    cogito ergo doleo

It's wild to think Monsterarts go for so much more than Figuarts (Figuarts not exactly being cheap themselves). The only Monsterarts figures that ever seem to go for reasonable prices are the Alien and Predator ones.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    My wife and I saw it last night and we thought it was a great addition to the MonsterVerse. And depending on whether or not we get anymore films in the franchise, it could be a decent conclusion to it. I personally hope we get more of them.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor