Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOTU/Kaikai Kiki/Madsaki

Itís startling to see. Looks like X-files black oil He-man who also got brutally vandalized on an empty Chicago street. You would think Mattel would protect their brand.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    Itís startling to see. Looks like X-files black oil He-man who also got brutally vandalized on an empty Chicago street. You would think Mattel would protect their brand.
    This is the part that just kills me.

Looking at this junk gives me a sad, and angry pang of emotion... He-Man is like the Statue of Liberty or the American flag to many of us. This just seems disgraceful.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Modern art has always baffled me.
    Formerly known as Granamyr on the Forum.

Author of Helen's Daughter, Knossos, Danae, and The Orestes Trilogy.

Regardless of what I may think of the 'art' itself, Mattel have done a really poor job of replicating the source material (especially at the quoted asking price). The harness and accessories are more blue than gray and where are the paint splatters and graffiti characters on Battle Cat? I guess $450 doesn't buy you a great deal of paint applications/tampos these days

I can't believe that the guy swiped Emiliano's artwork and Mattel is charging 120 dollars for each print. This is utterly immoral.

The originals:

Madsaki's AWFUL swipes:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CKZZGITA4h8/

And for those asking how any of this is art:
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

Oh, that's EXTRA crappy!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    I can't believe that the guy swiped Emiliano's artwork and Mattel is charging 120 dollars for each print. This is utterly immoral.

I didn't even think of that aspect. I would hope Mattel is paying ESL some royalties on that print, but knowing how morally bankrupt the company has become, I doubt that's going to happen. Same with the OG artists for the Minicomic covers the 'artist' has disgraced.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Don't partner with Luis Royo, Julie Bell, David Palumbo, Alex Ross or any of the other hundreds and hundreds of artists who would respect the property.... not to mention the myriad artists right here at the .org.

NO! Instead, partner with this hack, who had a sad childhood, and now scams people out of thousands of dollars by peddling products that are essentially defaced and grossly deformed images owned by other people!

The most ridiculous aspect of this whole venture is that if these items weren't "limited" or "ultra rare," nobody would give a hoot!!

Shame on you Mattel... when someone spray-paints "You Suck!" on the side of your building, don't press charges, instead you can just hire him to deface Barbie and then sell it for thousands.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Don't partner with Luis Royo, Julie Bell, David Palumbo, Alex Ross or any of the other hundreds and hundreds of artists who would respect the property.... not to mention the myriad artists right here at the .org.

NO! Instead, partner with this hack, who had a sad childhood, and now scams people out of thousands of dollars by peddling products that are essentially defaced and grossly deformed images owned by other people!

The most ridiculous aspect of this whole venture is that if these items weren't "limited" or "ultra rare," nobody would give a hoot!!

Shame on you Mattel... when someone spray-paints "You Suck!" on the side of your building, don't press charges, instead you can just hire him to deface Barbie and then sell it for thousands.
    *sigh* A Luis Royo He-Man? I would pay to see that.
    Formerly known as Granamyr on the Forum.

Author of Helen's Daughter, Knossos, Danae, and The Orestes Trilogy.

Most of it is already sold out??? How?? Who is buying this??
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Most of it is already sold out??? How?? Who is buying this??
    I want to guess it got bot-flooded, apparently some of them sold out in like ten seconds, that timing reads bot-bought to me.

Either folks with disposable income & bad taste, or scalpers who are going to be in for a surprise when they try to flip these.
    The comments have been pretty harsh across all social media platforms for this "drop"- despite them selling out instantaneously, these haven't been met with a lot of love- to put it mildly.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Either folks with disposable income & bad taste, or scalpers who are going to be in for a surprise when they try to flip these.
    The comments have been pretty harsh across all social media platforms for this "drop"- despite them selling out instantaneously, these haven't been met with a lot of love- to put it mildly.
    Unfortunately, to the bean counters at Mattel, all that matters is that it sold out instantly despite the very high price, not that it's getting panned online by people who can't buy it anyway.

Eh, I guess at the end of the day then... what do we care?
    The money we all save if they just keep on this path with this niche market kind of stuff for "Mattel Creations". I just feel a little embarrassed for them because I look at the stuff and think "really? This is what you're doing?"