Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Ultimates by Super7

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar

Transformers Ultimates by Super7

The impossible is happening, Transformers Ultimates!

c671f9e7-super7-transformers-ultimates-wave-1-figure.jpg

https://toyhypeusa.com/2021/01/29/su...re-pre-orders/

I've come close to getting Transformers RED by Hasbro, but glad I didn't, because this is what I've wanted for years.

I prefer Hasbro's R.E.D figures to these. Like all their products the articulation looks to be severly lacking. Not to mention for the price they will be you could buy and R.E.D and a transforming Deluxe or Voyager of the same figure buy Hasbro.

Although the original Action Masters will cool I will say that...but then again these aren't exactly true to the vintage Action Masters.

Ah yes, a lesser version of the R.E.D line that's almost four times the price! Who could resist?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I prefer Hasbro's R.E.D figures to these. Like all their products the articulation looks to be severly lacking. Not to mention for the price they will be you could buy and R.E.D and a transforming Deluxe or Voyager of the same figure buy Hasbro.

Although the original Action Masters will cool I will say that...but then again these aren't exactly true to the vintage Action Masters.
    I can't argue the articulation and costs. I really like my Voltron Ultimate but he's not real flexible or articulated.

I loved Action Masters, yes, I'm one of those weird guys who prefers the non-transforming robot look. I also prefer the cartoon look.

Quote Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
    Ah yes, a lesser version of the R.E.D line that's almost four times the price! Who could resist?
    Waves hand, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I can't argue the articulation and costs. I really like my Voltron Ultimate but he's not real flexible or articulated.

I loved Action Masters, yes, I'm one of those weird guys who prefers the non-transforming robot look. I also prefer the cartoon look.

Waves hand, lol.
    I liked the vintage Action Masters and the Pretenders and had quite a few of them. You do know you could just buy the standard Transformers and not transform it.

Lmao 🤣 exactly what I was thinking. Do these Super7 Ultimates even transform? Considering they cost 4x more?
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

I liked the vintage Action Masters and the Pretenders and had quite a few of them. You do know you could just buy the standard Transformers and not transform it.
    Got any examples? The only ones I recall around this size with the cartoon type look are Masterpiece (they transform) and RED. I'm not a big Transformers fan so maybe I missed ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Lmao 🤣 exactly what I was thinking. Do these Super7 Ultimates even transform? Considering they cost 4x more?
    Aren't RED $20 a pop? So these are less than 3x at $55.

I like that they'll be in scale with the Voltron and other Ultimate lines. Plus I like the chunkier look and feel.

Got any examples? The only ones I recall around this size with the cartoon type look are Masterpiece (they transform) and RED. I'm not a big Transformers fan so maybe I missed ones.
    Google Transformers Siege, Earthrise, Kingdom and thr Studio Series movies. They are incredible looking, most very accurate to the cartoon with excellent articulation. Far more affordable and fun Masterpiece.

Lol, as a TF Masterpiece collector I’d like to formally challenge this title of “Ultimates.” Jk.

These might be great for kids too young to actually transform figures but want to play with them in bot mode.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; March 2, 2021 at 06:17pm.

The First Avenger

Yea $55 for a Non-transforming toy? No thanks will pass too HIGH if it transformed maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Yea $55 for a Non-transforming toy? No thanks will pass too HIGH if it transformed maybe...
    Why would anyone but an "Ultimate" when they could just buy a better quality, more articulated, better detailed, transforming figure now in shops for a cheaper price.
    If people want Action Masters buy few dollars worth of acrylic paint and don't transform it.
    Last edited by Mark M; January 29, 2021 at 07:54pm.

The First Avenger
    Why would anyone but an "Ultimate" when they could just buy a better quality, more articulated, better detailed, transforming figure now in shops for a cheaper price.
    If people want Action Masters buy few dollars worth of acrylic paint and don't transform it.
    Right they are called "Transformers" after all....

No offense to those who want to buy these... but, they look awful.

At least we know what Super 7 has been doing with our TMNT and ThunderCats money: chasing every license in known universe, from Disney to Hasbro's Transformers.

I estimate that Transformers Ultimates wave 2 will hit in summer of 2025. (But, pre-orders will go up next month...)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Google Transformers Siege, Earthrise, Kingdom and thr Studio Series movies. They are incredible looking, most very accurate to the cartoon with excellent articulation. Far more affordable and fun Masterpiece.
    Thanks. Earthwise was my favorite of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    No offense to those who want to buy these... but, they look awful.

At least we know what Super 7 has been doing with our TMNT and ThunderCats money: chasing every license in known universe, from Disney to Hasbro's Transformers.

I estimate that Transformers Ultimates wave 2 will hit in summer of 2025. (But, pre-orders will go up next month...)
    I'm offended! jk

I must be defective because I think these guys look pretty cool. Hey, it's America, people who don't want them don't have to buy them.

I guess these have probably been bubbling for years since Super7 had done the oversized robots and ReAction, but I totally wasn't expecting them with the RED line going on.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Heroic Warrior
    The most interesting thing about these, IMO, are the vintage style heads yet there aren't any pics with them on those bodies. That's kind of annoying, they did that with their Conan figure too. Also hope the price increase has more to do with Hasbro and not an increase across the entire line.

Aren't RED $20 a pop? So these are less than 3x at $55.
    I bought mine for closer to $15. Either way, this is ridiculous. You can buy lower end MPs with little more; things that actually Transform.

Heck, for the price of the whole WAVE, you could buy the new MP Starscream who is almost completely animation accurate AND Transforms.

This company can't get a single wave of any property out on time, but wants to stack more properties. Absurd.

They're asking that much for even more limited articulation and difference in size of one inch. compare.jpg
    Last edited by LioConvoy; January 30, 2021 at 02:09pm.

I don't really understand this "Ultimates" line. They seem to be a strange mix of different influences.
    Banzitron and Bombshell are based on their Action Masters look.
    Optimus Prime is based on the cartoon yet comes with vintage toy head. So no Action Masters influence.
    Starscream is based on the cartoon, two episodes specificallyyet comes with toy head and like Optimus has no Action Master influence.
    If they are going for Action Masters looks wouldn't the whole line need that look...or shouldn't they just do the whole line in cartoon design.
    If they keep changing the design influence per character the full line will look pretty inconsistent with each other when displayed.

Growing up I had lots of Transformers and I had a few Action Masters and really liked them. I remeber playing a lot with Action Master Optimus Prime and wishing my Power Master and G2 (G1 repaint) Optimus had more articulation in the legs. All the G1 Transformers had poor leg articulation. Over the years starting with Beast Wars in '96 the articulation steadily improved.
    I really don't understand the need for non-transforming figures with minimal articulation.

They're asking that much for even more limited articulation and difference in size of one inch.
    Wow, the size REALLY kills it. I'm not a big TF fan to start with and a line of non-transforming Transformers is really not of general interest to me, but I might have gotten just Optimus Prime if size-wise he was the same height as the other Ultimates figures.

I assume that part of the reason for the size and price is that they can't reuse the tooling that much with these figures as with the other lines. But regardless of the logistical reasons for why they turned out this way, it makes even cherry picking a main character or two an easy pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Wow, the size REALLY kills it. I'm not a big TF fan to start with and a line of non-transforming Transformers is really not of general interest to me, but I might have gotten just Optimus Prime if size-wise he was the same height as the other Ultimates figures.

I assume that part of the reason for the size and price is that they can't reuse the tooling that much with these figures as with the other lines. But regardless of the logistical reasons for why they turned out this way, it makes even cherry picking a main character or two an easy pass.
    I believe that comparison picture is of Optimus Prime from the RED line, not Ultimates. One of the reasons I did not get the RED line. The Ultimates Optimus Prime should be the same size as Voltron and other Ultimates.

I believe that comparison picture is of Optimus Prime from the RED line, not Ultimates. One of the reasons I did not get the RED line. The Ultimates Optimus Prime should be the same size as Voltron and other Ultimates.
    If that is the case then I may still get the Optimus Prime.

Widget
    Why does optimus come with a surf board ? Is it a reference to a thing that happened in some episode ?

Quote Originally Posted by akakal View Post
    Why does optimus come with a surf board ? Is it a reference to a thing that happened in some episode ?
    From one episode same as the weeds and the basketball. Stuff from random episodes that pretty much no one really needs or wants. Just random stuff to fill the packaging and try to justify the cost.

Heroic Warrior
    I bought mine for closer to $15. Either way, this is ridiculous. You can buy lower end MPs with little more; things that actually Transform.

Heck, for the price of the whole WAVE, you could buy the new MP Starscream who is almost completely animation accurate AND Transforms.

This company can't get a single wave of any property out on time, but wants to stack more properties. Absurd.

They're asking that much for even more limited articulation and difference in size of one inch. compare.jpg
    The Optimus and Starscream from Ultimates are 7.75". RED was barely 6". (WFC hovers around 6.5" for Optimus and the main villains.)

The 2 Action Masters meanwhile are 7" and honestly excite me more.

I wonder if they'll release that Optimus in an Action Masters deco. I could get onboard with this line as Action Masters and Pretenders redux as I feel that's a great little niche.

I'm pretty much only interested in this Optimus if decoed as the Action Master version with the orange detailing and blue wrists. (Thighs maybe too, depending on whether it's toy accurate or box art/comics accurate.)

Heroic Warrior
    Happy to echo some of the other comments, I do not get/understand this line...not at all.
    Last edited by Lasastard; February 1, 2021 at 03:46am.