Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Ultimates by Super7

Heroic Warrior
    What if they did a $550 Ark playset?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    What if they did a $550 Ark playset?
    It would need to be a lot better than Snake Mountain. A playset needs play features.
    Snake Mountain had a trap door...a jail that couldn't fit one figure and a thronw Skeletor couldn't properly sit in.
    Although I can't really think of many features for the Ark from the TV show other than a jail.
    Maybe they would be better just making cardboard backgrounds and based to display the figures on.

The First Avenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    It would need to be a lot better than Snake Mountain. A playset needs play features.
    Snake Mountain had a trap door...a jail that couldn't fit one figure and a thronw Skeletor couldn't properly sit in.
    Although I can't really think of many features for the Ark from the TV show other than a jail.
    Maybe they would be better just making cardboard backgrounds and based to display the figures on.
    Or a 3d printed one....

Id consider getting Optimus IF he scaled with the other Ultimates lines like MOTU, TC, and TMNT, but hed be even more expensive then...!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I’d consider getting Optimus IF he scaled with the other Ultimates lines like MOTU, TC, and TMNT, but he’d be even more expensive then...!
    Do you mean bigger than 7 inches? If so, how big would Optimus Prime have to be over the other Ulitmates figures in your opinion?

The Voltron Ultimate I have is a bit taller than most of my Ultimates, but his head is obviously smaller. I'd imagine these Transformers Ultimates will scale with Voltron.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Do you mean bigger than 7 inches? If so, how big would Optimus Prime have to be over the other Ulitmates figures in your opinion?

The Voltron Ultimate I have is a bit taller than most of my Ultimates, but his head is obviously smaller. I'd imagine these Transformers Ultimates will scale with Voltron.
    If he were to scale with other Ultimates, Optimus would be around 26.5 inches tall. He'd end up costing more than the Mega-Action Series or other large Optimus figures if he had to go through Super7's constraints and resources.

The closest I could see would maybe be if Hasbro decided to run a Haslab 1:12 RED Series Optimus. That would be about 22 inches and I could honestly see them doing just that through a campaign about like the Marvel Legends Sentinel and work in a 1:12 Spike and Sparkplug as bonuses or something.

No matter how you slice it, an Optimus that size is going to run around $300+ in today's market.

I have to admit, while I am not the biggest Super 7 fan, the more I look at Optimus the more I like it. The vintage head is a really nice accessory.

The wave 2 and 3 figures are quite interesting. The main one being Bludgeon. I had the original G1 Pretender to growing up and loved it. He also filled in for Skeletor with my vintage MOTU figures growing up.
    Even with Super 7's prices and delays and quality control issues, a 7" scale Bludgeon with lots of accessories is one I would most definitely have to get for my collection.

I also recently started colelcting the Transformer R.E.D. figures.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    The impossible is happening, Transformers Ultimates!

Attachment 124862

https://toyhypeusa.com/2021/01/29/su...re-pre-orders/

I've come close to getting Transformers RED by Hasbro, but glad I didn't, because this is what I've wanted for years.
    Cool set.. With Voltron and now Transformers, the Ultimates! robots are moving along fine.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

The picture of Optimus with the mad dunking skills is pretty sweet... I couldn't seem to find it online though...

Let's play some hoops!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    The picture of Optimus with the mad dunking skills is pretty sweet... I couldn't seem to find it online though...

Let's play some hoops!!!
    Is this the image.

153894118_3923144014372432_5871885369836212739_o.jpg

I know there was another video showin the Super 7 showing the articulation.
    Last edited by Mark M; March 1, 2021 at 07:52am.

Is this the image.

153894118_3923144014372432_5871885369836212739_o.jpg

I know there was another video showin the Super 7 showing the articulation.
    Yep! That's the one!

There was also an image of Optimus ripping a bomb wave in the same email I got from Super 7... Surf's Up!!

Yep! That's the one!

There was also an image of Optimus ripping a bomb wave in the same email I got from Super 7... Surf's Up!!
    I am not into surfing but for some reason the surfing picture really appealed to me and the vintage toy inspired extra head looks great.

Non-transforming transforming figures is something I never really wanted before, but I definitely want a 6/7" scale non-transforming Bludgeon. Over the years Hasbro made some attempts at transforming Bludgeons...their best probably being the one that appeared in (I think) the Revenge of the Fallen toyline. It was nice but no where near as cool of the look of the vintage G1 Pretender shell or how he looked in the Marvel comics.

I actually got the Hasbro wave 1 R.E.D. figures and they are awesome. They are quite hefty with no hollow sections and some very cool accessories. A lot of fun to pose and play about with. They also blend in quite nicely with the current War For Cybertron figures.
    If Super 7's Ultimates can be similar to them they will be great figures.
    Of the figures announced so far I am quite interested in Optimus Prime, G1/2 Megatron and Bludgeon.

I'm tempted to buy some of these. One thing that my decision hangs on is what G2 Megatron looks like. If it's just a G1 Megatron sculpt in G2 Megatron colors then no thanks. If it's a true G2 Megatron design then I'm in.

If G2 Megatron is a true G2 Megatron, then him and Optimus Prime will be my only A-listers. I have no desire in collecting non-transforming action figures of characters that have already been done well in the Classics/Generations line. What interests me most are figures that work better as non-transforming action figures like Actionmasters and Pretender shells. Metalhawk would be a dream come true.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I'm tempted to buy some of these. One thing that my decision hangs on is what G2 Megatron looks like. If it's just a G1 Megatron sculpt in G2 Megatron colors then no thanks. If it's a true G2 Megatron design then I'm in.

If G2 Megatron is a true G2 Megatron, then him and Optimus Prime will be my only A-listers. I have no desire in collecting non-transforming action figures of characters that have already been done well in the Classics/Generations line. What interests me most are figures that work better as non-transforming action figures like Actionmasters and Pretender shells. Metalhawk would be a dream come true.
    I also wonder what colour G2 Megatron will be as there was two versions. The large toy was green and purple while the smaller version was purple and black. Although I would imagine it would be the green and purple G2 colour as that is how he was shown in the G2 Transformers and G.I. Joe comic.
    Hopefully it is the G2 tank and not just a G1 repaint.

Widget
    I am not into surfing but for some reason the surfing picture really appealed to me and the vintage toy inspired extra head looks great.

Non-transforming transforming figures is something I never really wanted before, but I definitely want a 6/7" scale non-transforming Bludgeon. Over the years Hasbro made some attempts at transforming Bludgeons...their best probably being the one that appeared in (I think) the Revenge of the Fallen toyline. It was nice but no where near as cool of the look of the vintage G1 Pretender shell or how he looked in the Marvel comics.

I actually got the Hasbro wave 1 R.E.D. figures and they are awesome. They are quite hefty with no hollow sections and some very cool accessories. A lot of fun to pose and play about with. They also blend in quite nicely with the current War For Cybertron figures.
    If Super 7's Ultimates can be similar to them they will be great figures.
    Of the figures announced so far I am quite interested in Optimus Prime, G1/2 Megatron and Bludgeon.
    I'm thinking of buying the RED wave 1, I know there have been mixed reviews, great to see you like them, is there any major issues you have encountered with these?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Macleod View Post
    I'm thinking of buying the RED wave 1, I know there have been mixed reviews, great to see you like them, is there any major issues you have encountered with these?
    I would highly recommend them. Honestly I have no real issues with them. The only things I would say is Soundwave's shoulder canon can pop off easily sometimes and there are some mold marks on the plastic on the back of some of the limbs but they aren't that noticeable and don't spoil the look of the figure.
    Aside from that they are very fun figures and well worth it if you want a solid fun non-transforming figure.

I haven't picked up the RED wave yet either... but, I'm sorely tempted.

I'm not sure I want to give any more money to Super 7 because it feels like I am advocating their practice of dangling a carrot in front of people to swipe their money months, sometimes years, before any product makes it out.

I just really, REALLY want a good version of a non-transforming, cartoon accurate G1 Bumblebee.

I haven't picked up the RED wave yet either... but, I'm sorely tempted.

I'm not sure I want to give any more money to Super 7 because it feels like I am advocating their practice of dangling a carrot in front of people to swipe their money months, sometimes years, before any product makes it out.

I just really, REALLY want a good version of a non-transforming, cartoon accurate G1 Bumblebee.
    The R.E.D. Bumblebee looks good. I hope he is the correct height not the same as the other figures.

The Ultimate wave 1 have been pushed back to Feb 2022. I might get some when they eventually released. Really interested in Bludgeon.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with Super 7, but I thought I'd share this here:

That is amazing.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with Super 7, but I thought I'd share this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmlQSegO5pM
    That is absolutely amazing.

But if I was to buy that I would also need Bumblebee, Jazz, Grimlock, Starscream, Soundwave and Megatron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmlQSegO5pM
    Is this the one that costs $700?

Chris here...

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Is this the one that costs $700?
    Yep, it's sold out already! I had just managed to scrape together the funds to buy it too - damn!

I guess I'll just have to try and scrape together another $1,000 to get one off eBay...anyone want to buy a human soul?

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

That is definitely awesome but I cant see myself playing with it that much to justify dropping $700.
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

So, this Optimus Prime comes with his Battle Axe and Blaster, stands at 19" tall when in robot mode and is equipped with 80 sound effects, along with built-in speakers and two microphones.

He is a programmable consumer robot with functions including automatic movement from vehicle to robot, bipedal walking ability as well as racing in its vehicle form. Optimus is also mobile controlled through either voice commands or via a mobile app which is available through either the Apple or Android app store and can be used to program or customize him.

An 11-year-in-the-making collaboration between Robosen Robotics and Hasbro is an astounding feat of technology and innovation.

We get all of this for $699.

Meanwhile, Super 7 charged $600 for a Snake Mountain that essentially amounts to a plastic shell, some stickers and a paint wash...
    Last edited by Ornclown; April 11, 2021 at 03:06pm.