Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Transformers Ultimates by Super7

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    http://thefwoosh.com/2022/05/super7-...me-first-look/

The figure looks okay in some poses but the range of motion in the articulation is very disappointing. Nowhere near as goos Hasbro's R.E.D. figure.
    Not too surprising since articulation is not a strong suit for Super7, I was disappointed with R.E.D since I know Hasbro can do better considering there other 6 in lines and even Generation figures have much more range of movement in certain areas.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    http://thefwoosh.com/2022/05/super7-...me-first-look/

The figure looks okay in some poses but the range of motion in the articulation is very disappointing. Nowhere near as goos Hasbro's R.E.D. figure.
    He looks kind of cheap. I'm not overly impressed. Also, something is off about his eyes. I think they're too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    He looks kind of cheap. I'm not overly impressed. Also, something is off about his eyes. I think they're too small.
    The eyes do look too small. Definitely not wide enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Not too surprising since articulation is not a strong suit for Super7, I was disappointed with R.E.D since I know Hasbro can do better considering there other 6 in lines and even Generation figures have much more range of movement in certain areas.
    The R.E.D. figure though is still very accurate and a very fun to play with and pose. Not Hasbro's best but a fun figure.

Heroic Warrior
    It doesn't look bad at all, imo. But, unless I'm mistaken, these will be the first figures they've released where they're indirectly having to compete with other companies making versions of the same characters (unlike thundercats, njpw,conan). So itll be interesting to see how it fares.
    Edit: nvm, ninja turtles duh lol
    Last edited by Dcr4; May 11, 2022 at 04:31pm.

But... why aren't they using the MOTUC buck for these???

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    It doesn't look bad at all, imo. But, unless I'm mistaken, these will be the first figures they've released where they're indirectly having to compete with other companies making versions of the same characters (unlike thundercats, njpw,conan). So itll be interesting to see how it fares.
    Edit: nvm, ninja turtles duh lol
    And G.I. Joe.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

And G.I. Joe.
    Power Rangers as well
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

And Bruce Lee and Disney characters.

- - - Updated - - -

I know...why did they use a 100% unique animation accurate sculpt instead of just painting the design on the MOTUC buck.

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    I received my Transformers Ultimates wave 1 today. The quality is very good, especially on the plastic. Unlike the Voltron Ultimates figures, these are less heavy and have a much greater range of motion. They're simplistic but solid versions of these characters. I'm greatly looking forward to more core characters and Action Master characters being released in the line.

The Ghost of Starscream is cool, but I wish we got regular Starscream first and hope he's just the fifth release in a future wave. Definitely hope to see Bumblebee soon too.
    Last edited by The All American; May 20, 2022 at 11:22pm.

Heroic Warrior

And G.I. Joe.
    The super 7 gi Joe figures havent come out yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Power Rangers as well
    Havent come out yet though. Only tmnt and now transformers are competing with ongoing lines.

The super 7 gi Joe figures havent come out yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Havent come out yet though. Only tmnt and now transformers are competing with ongoing lines.
    Putting up pre-orders is still competing when they are spending money on pre-order figures from one company rather than buy another companies figures they can buy at retail.

Heroic Warrior
    That would be the case if everyone was preordering directly from super 7.

That would be the case if everyone was preordering directly from super 7.
    No, becasue even retailers would be affected by customers favouring one product over another.

Heroic Warrior
    Its essentially vaporware until actually released.

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    Wave 4 has been revealed: https://thefwoosh.com/2022/06/super7...for-pre-order/

Only three figures in this wave and two characters we've already gotten so far - regular Starscream and Fallen Optimus Prime. Soundwave is a welcome addition. Wish we got more new characters here.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post

Only three figures in this wave and two characters we've already gotten so far - regular Starscream and Fallen Optimus Prime. Soundwave is a welcome addition. Wish we got more new characters here.
    Starscream's face is terrible, like Megatron's. Look's like a the Animated 2007//2008 series and Easter Island.
    The Megatron in gun mode is a cool accessory.

Soundwave looks good and has some nice accessories. Although it's not that many more accessories or better looking than the R.E.D version.

The Optimus Prime renders have new elbow joints with more range of motion compared to the wave 1 release. No doubt they will probably re-release the new mould in the classic colours or Action Master colours or even as Nemesis Prime.
    Aside from new elbows this Optimus is a pretty disapointing release.

Quite a disappointing wave with only one new character.
    Last edited by Mark M; June 11, 2022 at 11:20am.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post

Nice. I'll order Starscream and Soundwave.

I received my Wave 1 Optimus Prime and I like him..
    The limited elbows are dumb and need to be corrected, no trigger finger is also dumb, but I like the rest of the figure.

I'm not a Transforner fan, I don't remember ever watching the cartoon with any regularity and I never owned a Transformer toy as a kid.

These kind of new for me. I like the overall aesthetic of the Super 7 line, and I am aware there are better and cheaper options out there.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    I'm pleased with this wave. Glad to get a regular release Starscream and Soundwave is always welcome! Fallen leader Prime gives the quirk you expect from Super7. I wonder why just three. Including Jazz in this wave would have made it near perfect for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Maybe a future re-release of Optimus Prime will also correct the unpainted toes.