Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wandavision on Disney +

We had to finish the newest episode yesterday afternoon; Hermione fell asleep halfway through Friday night. We all really enjoyed it, but man am I sad there's only one episode left! This has been such a fun, interesting, and different Marvel presentation. It makes me excited about the next projects from the MCU.

So, slightly off-topic, but I'm not exactly caught up on the status of the Netflix Marvel stuff or shows like Agents of Shield. Is that considered canon material or not? And what about the Sony Spider-Man-related stuff?
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    We had to finish the newest episode yesterday afternoon; Hermione fell asleep halfway through Friday night. We all really enjoyed it, but man am I sad there's only one episode left! This has been such a fun, interesting, and different Marvel presentation. It makes me excited about the next projects from the MCU.

So, slightly off-topic, but I'm not exactly caught up on the status of the Netflix Marvel stuff or shows like Agents of Shield. Is that considered canon material or not? And what about the Sony Spider-Man-related stuff?
    I think all of them are considered canon, but apparently the Disney+ shows will tie-in more to the greater MCU than those shows did.

Heroic Warrior
    Agents of SHIELD is canon and you can find where it fits into the mcu timeline on various sites. Daredevil mentions in rather non specific ways events and characters of the mcu, particularly as the incident in reference to the avengers. So can assume punisher Jessica jones iron fist and Luke cage are canon. As for things like runaways and cloak n dagger I don’t know if they are canon or not

The First Avenger
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    Agents of SHIELD is canon and you can find where it fits into the mcu timeline on various sites. Daredevil mentions in rather non specific ways events and characters of the mcu, particularly as the incident in reference to the avengers. So can assume punisher Jessica jones iron fist and Luke cage are canon. As for things like runaways and cloak n dagger I don’t know if they are canon or not
    All those shows are not canon anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    All those shows are not canon anymore...
    Or to put it another way the movies were canon to the shows, but the shows weren't canon to the movies. There was little to no communication between the divisions, the movies just sort of ignored the shows, while the shows bent over backwards to try and fit into the movies canon, until they eventualy gave up on trying to fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Or to put it another way the movies were canon to the shows, but the shows weren't canon to the movies. There was little to no communication between the divisions, the movies just sort of ignored the shows, while the shows bent over backwards to try and fit into the movies canon, until they eventualy gave up on trying to fit in.
    That's what it sounds like to me too.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

The First Avenger
    They are NOT canon..Why deny it Kevin Feige pretty much said it?

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...haracters-mcu/

TV & Movies were NEVER really "On The Same Page" now they will be...

Heroic Warrior
    That's a big shame, especially since changes in the first season of Agents of Shield were a direct result of Captain America Winter Soldier. Glad they eventually moved on and told their own stories since it didn't seem like the greater MCU cared. Hopefully Marvel does a better job of movie tie-ins with the Disney+ shows as they claim.

WandaVision is pretty good. I havent read any of the comics of Wanda etc so I have no idea what or if this story is based on any of the comics.
    Overall though I am not a fan of the whole thing of them in different sitcoms but the show has got better as it has gone on. It will be interesting to see what they do in the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    WandaVision is pretty good. I havent read any of the comics of Wanda etc so I have no idea what or if this story is based on any of the comics.
    Overall though I am not a fan of the whole thing of them in different sitcoms but the show has got better as it has gone on. It will be interesting to see what they do in the finale.
    It's not really directly based on any story from the comics, it mostly just takes elements from a few stories involving Wanda and Vision.

More specificly House of M and Disassembled for Wanda and Vision's own ongoing series from a short while ago. Of course Disassembled and House of M aren't very good (and were especially disliked by Wanda's fans), so one can say this show kind handles the ideas a better than the comics did.

I am very similar. I never got into Marvel comics, so all these story lines are new to me and I am enjoying them as if it were original. That's one of the reasons I like the Marvel movies a lot more than the DC movies. I was a HUGE DC fan and am very familiar with the all the storylines, so whenever I watch a DC thing it bothers me how much they mess up the story (also, most DC productions are less than good).
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

It's not really directly based on any story from the comics, it mostly just takes elements from a few stories involving Wanda and Vision.

More specificly House of M and Disassembled for Wanda and Vision's own ongoing series from a short while ago. Of course Disassembled and House of M aren't very good (and were especially disliked by Wanda's fans), so one can say this show kind handles the ideas a better than the comics did.
    I have heard of House Of M but no nothing of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I am very similar. I never got into Marvel comics, so all these story lines are new to me and I am enjoying them as if it were original. That's one of the reasons I like the Marvel movies a lot more than the DC movies. I was a HUGE DC fan and am very familiar with the all the storylines, so whenever I watch a DC thing it bothers me how much they mess up the story (also, most DC productions are less than good).
    I've read some of Marvel's 70s, 80s and 90s comics but not that many noteable ones, just The Phoenix Saga and Secret Wars.
    As for DC just Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman.
    I mostly just dabbled reading Marvel and DC now and then, mostly Spider-Man.
    So the majority of all the MCU stories are new to me and just take the movies for what they are and have enjoyed quite a few of Marvel's movies, but I haven't really liked many of DC's movies movies except for Shazam and the first Wonder Woman movie was okay.

I have heard of House Of M but no nothing of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I've read some of Marvel's 70s, 80s and 90s comics but not that many noteable ones, just The Phoenix Saga and Secret Wars.
    As for DC just Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman.
    I mostly just dabbled reading Marvel and DC now and then, mostly Spider-Man.
    So the majority of all the MCU stories are new to me and just take the movies for what they are and have enjoyed quite a few of Marvel's movies, but I haven't really liked many of DC's movies movies except for Shazam and the first Wonder Woman movie was okay.
    This will take some while to explain the stories but will have to explain an earlier story (I think from the 80's) that is needed for some context. Basically Wanda and Vision had kids, only for it to be revealed that they aren't real (an artificial being like Vision can't conceive) and were actualy pieces of the soul of Mephisto (basically Marvel's devil). Mehpisto reabsorbed them into himself and Wanda's memory of the whole thing got erased for her own good. Or though a later story in the same run would have her regain her memories of the whole thing and ultimately come to terms with it.

Fast forward to 2004 with the storyline Avengers Disassembled (which itself mainly existed as an excuse to end the current Avengers and relaunch them as the New Avengers). Were The Avengers face off against a huge array of threats and multiple characters are killed off. It is then revealed that Wanda had in fact had reality warping powers all along and that this whole thing was her doing. The explanation being that she had just got her memories of her kids back had gone crazy because of it. The story just kind of ignores (or possibly the writers forgot) that she had already got her memories back and come to terms with it. People don't like Disassembled because they consider it to have been a character assassination of Wanda and all the other poor retcons that went into it.

The next year followed with House of M were Wanda is convinced to use her powers to alter the world into one were Mutants are the majority and normal humans are the oppressed minority. She eventually ends up changing things back, but with the change of reducing the Mutant population from the millions it was before House of M to a few hundred (the source of the famous "no more Mutants" line). House of M isn't really a good story for Wanda either, as she's barely in it and is treated as more of a plot device than a character.

Oh and somewhere in the craziness, her reality warping caused her kids to reborn, with different lives and they end up becoming superheroes in their own rights. They are fairly well liked and are seen as one of the few positives to come out of the whole mess.

I'm sure I rambled a lot there, but I hope that explains some of it. Of course it goes without saying that I think WandaVision is a lot better than those to stories.

I also think Wanda's kids will make it out of this show alive cause they have displayed the same powers of their comic counterparts and the MCU does seem to setting up the Young Avengers

I'm sure I rambled a lot there, but I hope that explains some of it. Of course it goes without saying that I think WandaVision is a lot better than those to stories.

I also think Wanda's kids will make it out of this show alive cause they have displayed the same powers of their comic counterparts and the MCU does seem to setting up the Young Avengers
    That's fine now I have a bit of an understanding of those stories. From what you have told me I can't say I would have any real interest in reading those stories.

That's fine now I have a bit of an understanding of those stories. From what you have told me I can't say I would have any real interest in reading those stories.
    Maybe check out the original Young Avengers Run from 2005. I remember liking it a lot back in the day (granted I was a teenager back then so tastes perhaps hadn't matured much at that point), it's writer being to busy to continue it meant it was relatively short lived, it has nice art and it introduced the reborn versions of Wanda's kids.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    So...Wandavision final episode... I feel let down. Maybe my expectations were too high. Even the mid credits and end credits extras didn't help much. I realize that that was really the only way the story could finish, but it felt...anti-climactic.

Ah, well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior
    Just caught the finale, I enjoyed it. I feel like they crammed a bit too much in and perhaps would’ve liked an extra episode to expand on the two storylines. I feel one of them was over and done rather quickly. All in all though I have really enjoyed the series. My partner who doesn’t read comics and sees it from a different perspective said they really enjoyed the show throughout.

While I partially agree with the criticism of the story more or less removing all of it's prior moral ambiguity. Since that was part of what made things interesting.

But that's really more of a criticism of episode 8 than than the final itself. As for the final? It was good, it had to resolve the Hex and give Wanda and Vision their showdowns with the antagonists and it did that well enough.

I saw a criticism elsewhere, claiming that Wanda had learnt nothing from the situation, because she did the same thing to Agatha, that she did to the townsfolk. I don't really agree with that. I think there's a world of diference between doing it to one person who unquestionably deserved it and doing it to a town of innocent people.

On the same topic I don't agree with the complaint about Wanda not getting punishment for her "vile actions" towards the people of Westview. Since it's a criticism the relies on ignoring the fact that she had no real control over the situation and didn't really know what was going on until towards the end. It was her powers responding to her emotions rather than a conscious act on her part.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    So...Wandavision final episode... I feel let down. Maybe my expectations were too high. Even the mid credits and end credits extras didn't help much. I realize that that was really the only way the story could finish, but it felt...anti-climactic.

Ah, well.
    I was disappointed too. I was expecting all of the plot lines to be resolved.

Biggest disappointment was no Mutants. I wanted them to introduce the X-men to the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    Biggest disappointment was no Mutants. I wanted them to introduce the X-men to the MCU

I think they did sneak an easter egg in...there was a shot of what lookied to be the silouette of Professor X from the back standing next to an FBI agent looking at the battle in the hex.

Also its established Wanda was never taught to use magi it just happened....so it makes sense when they rewrite her original as being a mutant all along.

All in all... I was entertained. But not enough to stretch this story out over 8 weeks. It would have made a cooler movie IMO. With episode only running 30 minutes for the first 6 episodes was too short! This is literally is the only show I subscribed to Disney plus for. I'm nervous for FATWS. I may unsub for 2 months , just too binge when I resub.

I truly feel you could remove Darcy, Monica, and Jimmy from the series and it would have been far less cringey story. I stand by my reaction that Monica was too rushed with NO emotional backing of her character. Darcy and Jimmy are cartoons .. I hated their interactions with Hayward. They won the day through bumbling Scoob and Shaggy moves.

Darcy ramming Hayward..."Have a good time in prison" Was so cringey!!! talk about cancel culture and its most 1 sided ring of justice...lol. I'd lawyer for Hayward... He was just doing his job protecting the citizens powerless to a near deity! If this was reality.... you can't take 3,000 people hostage, do tons of property damage and just fly away :P

One posititive I will say... Dr Strange and the multiverse of madness will be a must see for me now!!

And man ... Why cant they do a Captain Marvel / Photon story with just a slower burn so we can get behind the character and make them believable? I really hope Captain Marvel 2 will be a better movie for me.
    Last edited by seth-man; March 6, 2021 at 10:37am. Reason: added content istead of dbl post

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    I don’t think we will see mutants until they launch the x-men. Then they’ll probably say that the mind stone unlocked wandas latent mutant abilities. I guess it depends if they go the route we know that magneto is wandas father. They may well completely disregard it.

Finally watched episode 9 tonight. Not bad... as expected, it devolved into standard superhero fare, but this is Marvel Studios... I wouldn't expect anything more.

I REALLLLLLY like the look of white Vision! The white and blue motif is incredibly cool!

Plus, I believe that it was Nick Fury asking to see Photon... so that could be something awesome! I really hope that Monica is a big part of Captain Marvel 2, or gets her own series!

And, the end-credits scene could be a set up for season 2.... or, Doctor Strange 2.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Finally watched episode 9 tonight. Not bad... as expected, it devolved into standard superhero fare, but this is Marvel Studios... I wouldn't expect anything more.
    Yes,

Nick Fury
    is the one who requested to meet with Rambeau. She may or may not take the name Photon to honor her mother, but her power set is more like when she was

Spectrum.
    I believe it is confirmed that

she will be in the Captain Marvel sequel, and Scarlet Witch will be in the Doctor Strange sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Yes, is the one who requested to meet with Rambeau. She may or may not take the name Photon to honor her mother, but her power set is more like when she was I believe it is confirmed that
    All good news!

I think that both Doctor Strange 2 and Captain Marvel 2 are my two most wanted MCU movies right now.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!