Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandavision on Disney +

Wandavision on Disney +

Has anyone been watching this show?

I was gonna skip it at first, but even though the first two episodes are snore-inducing, I'm glad that I stuck around.

The last two episodes are great!! The fact that so many familiar MCU faces are popping up is cool, and it seems like the story is going to get much more intriguing.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Yes I have been watching it. For anyone that hasn't checked it out yet I would recommend giving it a shot. Without giving anything away the first 2 episodes will make you wonder what the point of the show is (unless you know a bit about the background from the comic books). It will get better and will start making sense quickly.
    Out of the darkness and into your mind

I would say starting with the first two episodes rather than just the first, on the initial week was the right choice by Disney. The sitcom parody stuff aint that great on it's own. But it works when it's paired with an underlined creepiness that everything Wanda's going through is fake and something is very wrong.

In the first episode there isn't really much of that outside the commercial and the ending. But it's kind of ever present from the end of episode one onwards. So I think episode one works when paired with episode two and as part of the whole that the series makes up, but less so on it's own.

I do think episode two was a lot stronger than episode one and of course things have only gone up from there.

Also I'm glad that much like with Civil War the MCU took something that was generally seen as crap in the comics (aspects of House of M and Dissembled) and made something decent out of it.
    Last edited by A Dalek; January 30, 2021 at 12:47pm.

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I would say starting with the first two episodes rather than just the first, on the initial week was the right choice by Disney. The sitcom parody stuff aint that great on it's own. But it works when it's paired with an underlined creepiness that everything Wanda's going through is fake and something is very wrong.

In the first episode there isn't really much of that outside the commercial and the ending. But it's kind of ever present from the end of episode one onwards. So I think episode one works when paired with episode two and part of the whole that the series makes p, but less so on it's own.

I do think episode two was a lot stronger than episode one and of course things have only gone up from there.

Also I'm glad that much like with Civil War the MCU took something that was generally seen as crap in the comics (aspects of House of M and Dissembled) and made something decent out of it.
    Perfect summary IMO, agree on all points!

Heroic Warrior
    I was disappointed with Wandavision im not going to lie. I was like 20min long with 6min of credits?! and nothing happened in the first two episodes. I nearly gave up but then episodes 3 and 4 showed up and I was like ok now we are getting warmer. Episode 4 really sold me on the show. I kinda know where the show is going based on some similar story arcs in the comics. But Iím glad Iíve stuck with it. Plus apparently it is going to link in with Dr Strange and multiverse of madness

The first 3 episodes were bad, but I enjoyed the last one. The parody stuff fell flat for me. I had to watch over the course of a few days because it kept putting me to sleep.

I put on the first episode and wasnít really interested. I did watch till the end and was likeĒok I see where theyíre going with thisĒ. It is different but I think the episodes have gotten better. Some scenes were pretty corny but I feel itís done on purpose.

Iím glad I continued to watch it and canít wait to find out how they set up Doctor Strange 2
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Definitely a slow burn at the start but worth sticking with it so far

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    Plus apparently it is going to link in with Dr Strange and multiverse of madness
    Spider-Man 3, as well, which comes out between the two.

The First Avenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I put on the first episode and wasnít really interested. I did watch till the end and was likeĒok I see where theyíre going with thisĒ. It is different but I think the episodes have gotten better. Some scenes were pretty corny but I feel itís done on purpose.

Iím glad I continued to watch it and canít wait to find out how they set up Doctor Strange 2
    If people don't like this they REALLY are not getting it.... or are SPOILED by all the bells and whistles and when something that makes you THINK comes along they can't do it....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    If people don't like this they REALLY are not getting it.... or are SPOILED by all the bells and whistles and when something that makes you THINK comes along they can't do it....
    Definitely. They tried something different from what theyíve normally done and I think they pulled it off well

The First Avenger
    Definitely. They tried something different from what theyíve normally done and I think they pulled it off well
    Yes they did and if anyone was REALLY paying attention this has a "House Of M" feel to it and it's awesome!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes they did and if anyone was REALLY paying attention this has a "House Of M" feel to it and it's awesome!
    It saddens me we wonít get to the x-men/avengers debate about wandas fate
    Iím still however hoping for some kind of avx movie at some point

The First Avenger
    It saddens me we wonít get to the x-men/avengers debate about wandas fate
    Iím still however hoping for some kind of avx movie at some point
    I have faith in Marvel....

Heroic Warrior
    Has anyone seen the spoiler for episodes 5 and 6. Looks like theyíre definitely introducing a multiverse using non mcu movies.

Has anyone seen the spoiler for episodes 5 and 6. Looks like theyíre definitely introducing a multiverse using non mcu movies.
    News to me

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    Yep, totally agree! First thing that hit me as well when the first "clues" dropped.

Itís only up to episode 4.

Heroic Warrior
    Itís only up to episode 4.
    The official promo for episode 5 is up and the episode 6 promo got leaked in part

The official promo for episode 5 is up and the episode 6 promo got leaked in part
    Ahh gotcha. Iím going to wait until I can watch the episodes though.

Ahh gotcha. Iím going to wait until I can watch the episodes though.
    Yeah... I think the promos are a bad idea.

This show works so much better when nobody has a clue as to what might happen. (Even ardent fans of the comics are being surprised...)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

IMO the first three episodes were embarrassingly bad for Marvel Studios. And its not because I didn't get it. I get what they were going for, I get what is going off and I get the easter eggs, I still thought they were terrible! Episode 4 however was thankfully really good. The first three were just complete fluff and filler that offered nothing to the story that you dont get from episode 4 when they are watching the events on the TV.
    To anyone who hasn't started this yet I would genuinely recommend just skipping the first 3 and starting at episode 4. You will miss nothing and everything you need is covered in episode 4. The first three felt more like bonus features that might have been thrown on home media collection of the series but are ultimately not essential viewing.
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red

I was glad that the CMBR got a shout out! Now I can reference that show when I teach it, and maybe it won't such a big revelation. I think my students that watch the show will be surprised it's actually very real. But I don't think there are any TV shows in there...lol
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

The first 3 episodes are so good.

The sets and camera work are totally era specific, the acting by everyone is pitch perfect and literally everything pays off with the 4th episode. Its absolutely a case of "showing their work". Every twist is earned.

The first 2 episodes aren't necessarily great TV from start to finish, but they serve their purpose so well. Its those instances where you suddenly go from watching a Sherwood Schwartz production to a David lynch one at the turn of a sentence. There is a sublime unsettledness in the first 3 episodes that you can't quite place your finger on and it makes you physically uncomfortable.

And the 4th episode just puts everything from the first 3 into context AND firmly grounds absolutely everything in the MCU.

Its a brilliant piece of television so far, and only getting better.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    The first 3 episodes are so good.

The sets and camera work are totally era specific, the acting by everyone is pitch perfect and literally everything pays off with the 4th episode. Its absolutely a case of "showing their work". Every twist is earned.

The first 2 episodes aren't necessarily great TV from start to finish, but they serve their purpose so well. Its those instances where you suddenly go from watching a Sherwood Schwartz production to a David lynch one at the turn of a sentence. There is a sublime unsettledness in the first 3 episodes that you can't quite place your finger on and it makes you physically uncomfortable.

And the 4th episode just puts everything from the first 3 into context AND firmly grounds absolutely everything in the MCU.

Its a brilliant piece of television so far, and only getting better.
    While I wasn't particularly impressed with the first three episodes, I did appreciate the time and effort that went into making them feel like TV from those decades. However, episode 4 really put everything into context and made up for the pace of those episodes. I was thrilled to see Darcy back and how they incorporated the Blip and its consequences into the present.

I'm curious at how the acting director fits in, since his last name is quite familiar if you've watched Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Though whether the two characters are related remains to be seen.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor