Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wandavision on Disney +

Heroic Warrior
    Slightly off topic but kinda related to the multiverse stuff. Apparently its been confirmed that Jamie foxx will be playing electro and Alfred molina will be playing doc Ock in the new Spider-Man film, unconfirmed rumours also state that Charlie cox has filmed some scenes in the movie as well

So the Wandavision episode today was the first that I was not happy with, in fact I was very disappointed. I suppose that is what happens when a mystery is set up extremely well and creatively, but the writers could not stick the landing.

At least Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany are very good actors and the production designs are amazing for a tv show. I will not spoil anything other than my reaction, which is a major bummer. But maybe the last episode will change that.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

The only real problem I have with the reveals, is that they took away some of the moral ambiguity, since it's pretty clear no, that Wanda is more or less an innocent in this situation.

The First Avenger
    God you guys are REALLY Spoiled..this episode was great! Good backstory is setting up a lot if your looking for it or actually read any of the comics...

Heroic Warrior
    Really enjoyable episode 8 and nice reveal at the end, even if we were expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    God you guys are REALLY Spoiled..this episode was great! Good backstory is setting up a lot if your looking for it or actually read any of the comics...
    Don't get me wrong I really liked it and I'm glad this didn't end up with Wanda being the villain. Cause I much prefer her still to be heroic (I personally consider Dissembled and House of M to be a pretty bad character assassination of her).

But a lot of the moral ambiguity and creepiness of Wanda and her situation is gone know, since she effectively did nothing wrong

The Hex not even being a conscious act of hers
    . And that does strip away some of the atmosphere that made the show so engaging.

I don't think it's a bad thing the the finale, will be somewhat more of traditional MCU, hero fights the villain fair, but I can fully acknowledge that, that does strip away some of WandaVision's uniqueness.

The First Avenger
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Don't get me wrong I really liked it and I'm glad this didn't end up with Wanda being the villain. Cause I much prefer her still to be heroic (I personally consider Dissembled and House of M to be a pretty bad character assassination of her).

But a lot of the moral ambiguity and creepiness of Wanda and her situation is gone know, since she effectively did nothing wrong . And that does strip away some of the atmosphere that made the show so engaging.

I don't think it's a bad thing the the finale, will be somewhat more of traditional MCU, hero fights the villain fair, but I can fully acknowledge that, that does strip away some of WandaVision's uniqueness.
    We don't know how it's going to end remember this:

dd3087052bb8f787c8e257849e187603.jpg

It could be a reverse effect where we get mutants....

Just watched episode 8 and thought it was done very well. Great backstory and loved when...

Agnes calls Wanda the Scarlet Witch at the end
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Episode 8 ,... the most satisfying of all the reveals. Unfortunately no one does a mystery box well. Episode 4 ... was way to early. Screeners were sent episodes 1-3 and they raved about the series. Definitely had some disappoint in all the episodes that followed.

Best thing about this episode....

No Darcy...No Monica...No Jimmy...we never needed them!
    This isn't popular with others but I'm absolutely done with the super fan on a team troupe we get with Darcy Lewis and the sudden god like no build up to female roles like Monica...Jimmy character is only at his best as the agent that has no clue whats going on

I'm curious though ... after we get Falcon & Winter soldier will we have enough body to say who did it best Netflix or Disney+? Not happy about the mouse deciding to make an extra 90 million off subscribers with there $1 price hike after 1 year. Personally I think this is coming from lawsuit settlements that there passing the buck off to their subscribers.

The First Avenger
    Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    Episode 8 ,... the most satisfying of all the reveals. Unfortunately no one does a mystery box well. Episode 4 ... was way to early. Screeners were sent episodes 1-3 and they raved about the series. Definitely had some disappoint in all the episodes that followed.

I'm curious though ... after we get Falcon & Winter soldier will we have enough body to say who did it best Netflix or Disney+? Not happy about the mouse deciding to make an extra 90 million off subscribers with there $1 price hike after 1 year. Personally I think this is coming from lawsuit settlements that there passing the buck off to their subscribers.
    My god can't you people just enjoy something without dissecting every little thing about it??

And since when did a show become a political debate or a war on Disney?? I can't stand Disney at all I am watching a great tv and leaving it at that....

People will ALWAYS find fault with something it's just that some people don't want to ruin it by wasting time complaining about it non stop..

I'm pretty sure the price hike is down to Star being added.

My god can't you people just enjoy something without dissecting every little thing about it??

And since when did a show become a political debate or a war on Disney?? I can't stand Disney at all I am watching a great tv and leaving it at that....

People will ALWAYS find fault with something it's just that some people don't want to ruin it by wasting time complaining about it non stop..
    I've said it before and Il' say it again. A lot of Disney bashers don't really care about the issue at hand nor do they even really care about Disney's actualy corruption.They just do it because it' "kool to crap on Disney".
    Last edited by A Dalek; February 27, 2021 at 02:51pm.

My god can't you people just enjoy something without dissecting every little thing about it??:
    What is the internet if not for Ranting or Raving about the things we love. Both...come from passion equally!

I've said it before and Il' say it again. A lot of Disney bashers don't really care about the issue at hand nor do they even really care about Disney's actualy corruption.They just do it because it' "kool to crap on Disney".
    Sorry missed the "Positive Only" quotes in the subject thread...Being a Basher or an Apologists does not make one "kool".. but having an actual discussion with diplomatic people is pretty cool!

What is the internet if not for Ranting or Raving about the things we love. Both...come from passion equally!

Sorry missed the "Positive Only" quotes in the subject thread...Being a Basher or an Apologists does not make one "kool".. but having an actual discussion with diplomatic people is pretty cool!
    Oh make no mistake about it the Mouse is just as a bad as all the other big corporate meanies at the end of the day, but my criticism still stands.

The First Avenger

If that was the case then EVERYTHING in the world is corrupt in away from sports,politics,hollywood etc. so complaining about the BAD stuff all the time tends to ruin it look at Star Wars right now...I try and concentrate on the good things...

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    So, with the last episode:

I believe that they have opened the door to the mutant gene having already existed in the MCU, Agnes saying and I paraphrase "something that was there already but would have normally withered away on the stalk." Perhaps the Hex triggers that latent gene in people? Not too mention the three snaps of the gauntlet contributing something? Eh, who knows?
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 28, 2021 at 04:39pm.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

This was a cool episode.

The Agatha backstory was crap though... it looked like something from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and was completely unnecessary.

I really liked the scene that took place between Wanda and Vision in the Avengers Mansion.

My question now is, if Wanda created Vision 2.0 and he can only exist within her storybook world, how is he going to move beyond the Hex?

Also, what happened to Vision 1.0's dismantled body?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This was a cool episode.

I'm pretty sure they put it back together to make White Vision. As for Vision 2.0. I think he's either going to ultimately fade away, or somehow merge with White Vision

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    We get it, you've read the comics while not all of us have. Congratulations.

Heroic Warrior
    Is agathas book that featured in the episode the missing book from doctor strange? I think white vision will possibly merge with wandas version of vision. Unless they intend to use him in the second season or dr strange n multiverse of madness. I’m also looking forward to the cameo of the mysterious actor Paul Bettany mentioned. Rumour has it and according to my 11yo it’s deniro as mephisto

The First Avenger
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    Is agathas book that featured in the episode the missing book from doctor strange? I think white vision will possibly merge with wandas version of vision. Unless they intend to use him in the second season or dr strange n multiverse of madness. I’m also looking forward to the cameo of the mysterious actor Paul Bettany mentioned. Rumour has it and according to my 11yo it’s deniro as mephisto
    Robert Deniro???

Heroic Warrior
    Robert Deniro???
    My lad is insistent it is going to be him. Im not convinced but I said Id give him a tenner if he is right

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    My lad is insistent it is going to be him. Im not convinced but I said Id give him a tenner if he is right
    I read something about this mystery character and it stated that the character Paul Bettany was talking about was in fact himself as the other Vision.
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Also, along with my previous prediction, I have a distinct feeling that

White Vision is actually Ultron. Particularly when you notice the color schemes of the two AI's when Ultron first came online in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This was a cool episode.

I feel vision will merge with white vision so we will have his personality or 'soul' back but the tradeoff will still be that he won't have any of the memories/feelings for wanda.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I feel vision will merge with white vision so we will have his personality or 'soul' back but the tradeoff will still be that he won't have any of the memories/feelings for wanda.
    Yep, this very well could be the case...

Just like in the comics when Wanda and Vision "split up."
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!