Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 SilverHawks Figures - CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    WINDHAMMER!
    WINDHAMMER!!
    WINDHAMMER!!!
    If I say it enough times it'll come true, right?

Hardware or Mumbo Jumbo would be really cool. You really can't loose when it comes to SH villains. They're all pretty great.
    Agreed.

Windhammer would be an awesome choice for wave 2!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I came to realize that I'm not very fond of SilverHawks' villains.... they seem to be so different and none has a great design.
    Probably Mumbo Jumbo, Windhammer or Yes-Man and his uncle Rattler besides Mon*Star, but then they don't seem to pose a threat or I just plainly don't feel appealed by them.

I much rather prefer they release Condor in the 3rd Wave. I always liked more experienced mentor character figures such Old Man Logan, Wildcat, Alpha Trion, Jaga or General Hawk
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    they seem to be so different and none has a great design.
    Interesting to hear this take on the villains... the general consensus seems to be that because they are so diverse and they are well designed it sets them apart from other properties. To each their own, though!

I, personally, love the concepts of them and really love how they look.

-Johnny C

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Interesting to hear this take on the villains... the general consensus seems to be that because they are so diverse and they are well designed it sets them apart from other properties. To each their own, though!

I, personally, love the concepts of them and really love how they look.
    I am the same. The villains were the big draw for me in this series. Love the looks and variety.

And yeah, the cartoon pretty much made all of them clowns but so did MOTU.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

I came to realize that I'm not very fond of SilverHawks' villains.... they seem to be so different and none has a great design.
    Probably Mumbo Jumbo, Windhammer or Yes-Man and his uncle Rattler besides Mon*Star, but then they don't seem to pose a threat or I just plainly don't feel appealed by them.
    I totally get what you're saying. Personally, I think that hodge-podge, everything-and-the-kitchen-sink design approach to the villains was an intentional contrast to the homogeneous look of the heroes. It's very garish, very colorful, very 80's, and they don't all look like they belong on the same team (or even the same property), but I think that's the appeal for some of us. But it's also why some people don't like them.

And I guess it also fits with the Silverhawks storyline, right? The villains really weren't part of a team or all from the same place. Unlike the Mutants from Plun-Darr or the Berzerkers or the Lunataks. These were all disassociated villains who happened to have a common enemy and/or a common employer at times. My guess is the original designers had a field day when they learned the villains shouldn't look similar, and it looks like they went all-out with that idea.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I totally get what you're saying. Personally, I think that hodge-podge, everything-and-the-kitchen-sink design approach to the villains was an intentional contrast to the homogeneous look of the heroes. It's very garish, very colorful, very 80's, and they don't all look like they belong on the same team (or even the same property), but I think that's the appeal for some of us. But it's also why some people don't like them.

And I guess it also fits with the Silverhawks storyline, right? The villains really weren't part of a team or all from the same place. Unlike the Mutants from Plun-Darr or the Berzerkers or the Lunataks. These were all disassociated villains who happened to have a common enemy and/or a common employer at times. My guess is the original designers had a field day when they learned the villains shouldn't look similar, and it looks like they went all-out with that idea.
    Yeap.. as I previsouly mentioned, this is something that I felt just recently. I mean, "Am I eager to have a Mol-E-Cular figure? Or a TimeStopper?" I really am not. I have some expectation with some other lines such as G.I.Joe or TMNT Ultimates, but not feeling the same towards this line.

I embrace a diversity in 80's franchises such as MOTU or G.I.Joe, going beyond any particular faction, but I don't feel the same here.
    Maybe when Super 7 shows a new Yes-Man prototype I may change my mind, but between the long release date and this new perspective, it's not something that would cut my breath
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

WINDHAMMER!
    WINDHAMMER!!
    WINDHAMMER!!!
    If I say it enough times it'll come true, right?

Hardware or Mumbo Jumbo would be really cool. You really can't loose when it comes to SH villains. They're all pretty great.
    Yeah, I am more excited about Silverhawks and their villains than even Tcats.

Mumbo Jumbo i am curious how they would do since he grows in size as his 'gimmick/power'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post

yeah good point, unlike other properties all the villains were not from the same planet etc, instead they were more representative of a TYPE of villain.
    cogito ergo doleo

As I stated earlier, I think that Silverhawks has some of the best "bad guys" out of any 80's cartoon...

At the time, the Lunataks really pushed me away from ThunderCats... they just never jived with me. But, Silverhawks' rag-tag gang of ne'erdowells always piqued my interest.

I remember when my buddy got Mumbo Jumbo and brought him to school... man, I was SOOO jealous!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

You're kidding right? SH is known for their excellent and unique villains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    As I stated earlier, I think that Silverhawks has some of the best "bad guys" out of any 80's cartoon...

At the time, the Lunataks really pushed me away from ThunderCats... they just never jived with me. But, Silverhawks' rag-tag gang of ne'erdowells always piqued my interest.

I remember when my buddy got Mumbo Jumbo and brought him to school... man, I was SOOO jealous!
    I loved the Lunataks. To me they were like the Horde of Thunder Cats. I liked the faction symbols that united them. The Mutants never had anything like that. Plus they seemed much more as a threat to the Thunder Cats than the Mutants ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Mumbo Jumbo i am curious how they would do since he grows in size as his 'gimmick/power'
    I would be EXTREMELY satisfied if he was just a jumbo figure with no feature. I'd love to have the smaller version as well but I know exactly which version I'd display.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    At the time, the Lunataks really pushed me away from ThunderCats... they just never jived with me.
    I loved the Lunataks. To me they were like the Horde of Thunder Cats. I liked the faction symbols that united them. The Mutants never had anything like that. Plus they seemed much more as a threat to the Thunder Cats than the Mutants ever did.
    I love the Lunataks, but I can understand why some people don't. They could get pretty grating at times, especially Luna's screechy voice. But man, do I ever remember when they were first introduced in the cartoon. They were so ruthless and evil and appeared to be so capable. Each one of them was given an introductory scene to establish their powers, and every one of them was so formidable. And when Tug Mug snapped the Sword of Omens with his bare hands, my jaw was on the floor. They were a nice contrast to the Mutants, who didn't have any powers at all.

Alas, however, they quickly devolved into the typical bumbling idiot villains of 80's cartoons, because had they remained such a threat over the entire season, obviously the ThunderCats wouldn't have been able to easily overcome them in every episode. But I choose to remember them as they were first introduced, and likening them to the Evil Horde is a good comparison. I'm really, really hoping there's an Alluro figure in Wave 5.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Outside of Mumm-ra and the Mutants, I never really loved many Thundercats villains. The Lunataks were certainly better than Bezerkers, Safari Joe, Shiner, etc. But give me a good Mumm-ra/Mutants episode any day of the week.

Some of the SilverHawks villains were great designs, but some are terribly boring.

For every Monstar, Mumbo Jumbo, or Buzzsaw there is a Hardware, Windhammer, or Yes-Man.
    Last edited by Grayskull Guardsman; October 27, 2021 at 11:52am.

Chilla being the only exception, I hate the Lunataks characters but hate their designs even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    For every Monstar, Mumbo Jumbo, or Buzzsaw there is a Hardware, Windhammer, or Yes-Man.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. My friends and I loved Hardware. He was the only figure we never found in stores.

Wave 2...

Attachment 127329

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Mon*star and Windhammer look great.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Well dang it I'll have to have all of these.

Even though I've stated that I don't feel appealed by Silverhawks villains, this Wave 2 looks amazing adn Wondhammer is outstanding

Mon*Star has the option to purchase his Transformation throne separately... very tempting

My feedback thread

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Mon*Star looks FANTASTIC. The rest are great looking as well... I can't wait to see something OTHER than a CG rendering. I wanna know what the finish on the paint app on these is!

I'll probably pass on WindHammer. Cool character, though.

-Johnny C

What a disappointment, Windhammer will never look like this with the tunic made of soft goods, it will be an aesthetic downgrade, they should include the sculpted option too, like Mumm-ra, Splinter and Jaga.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Monstar looks awesome... I think I will get him to hang with my Tcats. Guest villain. He WAS in an episode of the Tcats reboot!

Timeline-wise, Tcats would be MUCH later than Silverhawks, right? Third Earth was Earth in the VERY distant future? And the SilverHawks are from Earth in the quasi-near future?

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Mon*Star's throne as a bonus ?? Aaaah Super7, I acknowledge in that your creative fantasy.
    Fortunaltely they didn't split it out over the entire wave, which is a relief for a collector like me.
    WATCH THE OUTSTANDING NEW MUSIC VIDEO "Almighty's Hand" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg9ld7ynu6w
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Mon*Star's throne as a bonus ?? Aaaah Super7, I acknowledge in that your creative fantasy.
    Fortunaltely they didn't split it out over the entire wave, which is a relief for a collector like me.
    Not a bonus...an additional $45 purchase.

These look so ****** good. I guess I'm all-in on this line...sigh...

Luckily, there's not too many characters...right??

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    Silverhawks wave 2 looks amazing! Bluegrass and Steelwill look like they came right out of the cartoon.

I was expecting Melodia in this wave, but Windhammer turned out very well. He never struck me as much of a dynamic design, but in Ultimates, he just pops.

I also wasn't expecting regular Mon*Star so early, but he looks fantastic! And I'm glad the throne is being included now instead of being added later with a smaller figure or not at a proper size.

Super7 is just on fire with all of these releases.