Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 SilverHawks Figures - CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    It is exactly what I do... also I believe that BF is a user of this forum, I have seen it posted.
    Being a member here doesn't equate to being active here. But it is good if you do reach out to him on other platforms. Show him your edits and express your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    I have friends who are really fans of this show, much more than me and I don't see that level of excitement to excuse the bad decisions of a toy company that charges 3 times more than it should for a product that doesn't satisfy the expectations of the majority, sorry.
    I am wondering how you can possibly judge my personal excitement to even warrant comparing it to your friends? How the heck do you know these things?

Ok, charges 3x and product that doesn't satisfy the majority are just speculation on your part and that I respect, it is after all your opinion. But really man, I think this line and Super 7 is not for you. if you find no fun and excitement on this, my advice is that there is a lot of things in life to spend time with than be stressed out by this line and this company .
    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

ive never had one issue with super 7...not one..... got every motu release and all the ultimate's that are available..
    FREAK OUT!!!!!! FREAK OUT!!!! YEAHHHH!

I love the work of the Four Horsemen, it excites me and I cannot agree more that they work on the toy lines where I've the most appreciation and nostalgia, I think they are the best for it.

I've no major issues with the Silverhawks sculpt, just I dislike and I don't trust in the Super7 art direction. I feel like they want to push things too much into the cartoonish aspect, but the character design of these animated series was in another way, It was more adult and away from Disney with Anime touches, that was what differentiated them from the rest and made them special.

I'm sure that the 4H used metallic paint in the prototypes and Super7 is trying to change that editing the images, unfortunately the result is terrible, they look cheap and harm the sculpture.

The appropriate paint is a HUGE improvement, these images prove it.

As I said earlier... I just don't want Bluegrass to actually be painted blue!

He should have an overall metallic look with a definite blue-tint. I just worry that it will look like a blue spandex suit...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

He should have an overall metallic look with a definite blue-tint. I just worry that it will look like a blue spandex suit...
    I like the idea of the paint being a finish like a car would have. Brian mentioned that in his Q&A and I admittedly never even thought of that application. Could work really well on this line.

-Johnny C

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Now they could be the Spandexhawks, thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    I like the idea of the paint being a finish like a car would have. Brian mentioned that in his Q&A and I admittedly never even thought of that application. Could work really well on this line.

-Johnny C
    BF may say something one day and the next day change his mind or simply the facts are those that prove the opposite of what he said, his word weighs less than a packet of popcorn.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I believe it was in an interview with the Fwoosh (or possibly the Major Wrestling Figure Podcast). There was one particular video in which when the subject of the pricing of their figures came up Brian explained how they price things and how if they were selling CDs how he would manufacture less and charge more to not have over stock and make a profit.
    That is not overcharging. Overstock = Losses. Manufacturing fewer units, and distributing the cost of production across those units, resulting in higher prices, is way to guard against losses. Small companies like Super7 operate on tight margins, and cannot afford to absorb even small losses compared to larger companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    That is not overcharging. Overstock = Losses. Manufacturing fewer units, and distributing the cost of production across those units, resulting in higher prices, is way to guard against losses. Small companies like Super7 operate on tight margins, and cannot afford to absorb even small losses compared to larger companies.
    Super7 are not a small company.

If Super 7 were a small company they would not be being able to secure multiple licences. Licences like Thundercats for example which other companies like NECA and others tried to purchase but couldn't due to what Warner Bros were asking for the licence.
    Yet this small company has licences for Thundercats, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Silverhawks, TMNT, NJPW, Conan, Voltron, Disney etc etc.

Also their profit margins can't be that tight when they can afford to manufacture replacement parts to mail to their customers due to their sub par quality control. Credit were credit is due though that was a pretty cool thing for Super 7 to do.
    They also have no trouble making enough units to supply a shop in China called Poliphony. Or to have enough units to send some to certain reviewers for damage control.

When a small compnay can do all that and still be making a profit they are overcharging for something.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I can understand that for the Made to Order items.

But then how do you explain the higher prices for their items that actually are on retail shelves next to other collectibles that are more competitively priced? Dodging one issue and to only focus on the other does not fully explain the overall colletive issue of their higher prices across the board.

Super7 are not a small company.

If Super 7 were a small company they would not be being able to secure multiple licences. Licences like Thundercats for example which other companies like NECA and others tried to purchase but couldn't due to what Warner Bros were asking for the licence.
    Yet this small company has licences for Thundercats, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Silverhawks, TMNT, NJPW, Conan, Voltron, Disney etc etc.

Also their profit margins can't be that tight when they can afford to manufacture replacement parts to mail to their customers due to their sub par quality control. Credit were credit is due though that was a pretty cool thing for Super 7 to do.
    They also have no trouble making enough units to supply a shop in China called Poliphony. Or to have enough units to send some to certain reviewers for damage control.

When a small compnay can do all that and still be making a profit they are overcharging for something.
    Not a small company? Super7 is a sole proprietorship with approximately 50 employees. Licenses are not awarded by company size, they are awarded by RFP. And the manufacturer may be obliged to provide replacement parts, because it is contractually obligated to deliver the product according to client specifications. It is obvious you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I can understand that for the Made to Order items.

But then how do you explain the higher prices for their items that actually are on retail shelves next to other collectibles that are more competitively priced? Dodging one issue and to only focus on the other does not fully explain the overall colletive issue of their higher prices across the board.
    I already explained to you that NECA manufactures its own product, and Super7 does not.

Not a small company? Super7 is a sole proprietorship with approximately 50 employees. Licenses are not awarded by company size, they are awarded by RFP. And the manufacturer may be obliged to provide replacement parts, because it is contractually obligated to deliver the product according to client specifications. It is obvious you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
    From that reply it's quite obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about.
    I never said they were awarded by company size. You really should read more carefully before replying instead of being so eager to defend Super 7 as usual.

Super7 is a sole proprietorship with approximately 50 employees.
    Citation Needed

Good luck with that one.
    Last edited by LioConvoy; June 18, 2021 at 10:44pm.

Wasn't this topic about Silverhawks or something?

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Wasn't this topic about Silverhawks or something?
    Yep. And I think weíve veered off again. Back to Silverhawks?

-Johnny C

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    These have been planned to be cartoon accurate since close to the inception of the line. Brian isnít flip flopping or lying to anyone. Also these are CG renders that arenít necessarily reflective of what the final product will look like. Not much more Iím free to talk about. But if you really donít like the aesthetic? Donít buy it. Itís not something to get stressed out about, and itís certainly not worth attacking people over.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    These have been planned to be cartoon accurate since close to the inception of the line. Brian isn’t flip flopping or lying to anyone. Also these are CG renders that aren’t necessarily reflective of what the final product will look like. Not much more I’m free to talk about. But if you really don’t like the aesthetic? Don’t buy it. It’s not something to get stressed out about, and it’s certainly not worth attacking people over.
    I’m really enjoying the fact that they are going the cartoon route. After all, when I was a kid, I wanted the figures to look more like the toon.

Btw, you said you aren’t free to talk about anything further, but I guess I’m unfamiliar with your involvement in this line? Forgive me if I’m supposed to know who you are and don’t.

As for the thread… yeah, I think it’s appropriate for us to get back on topic…. Again. Talk about price if you want of course, but it should pertain to the Silverhawks line. Constructive criticism of the figures is also great, I think. There’s a way to go about that, though, without being troll-ish (I think I just made up a new adjective). I REEEEAAALLLLLY don’t want this thread to derail completely. Barring some previous comments in here, I’m really enjoying chatting about what everyone thinks.

-Johnny C

EDITED to add that Pixel Dan just posted a great 1 hour interview with Brian at Super7 about Silverhawks. He talks more about the automotive paint application and the more I hear about it and the more I think about it, I think this is the way to go. I was just out looking at my car and it's a dark blue color. It's not chrome but it is absolutely shiny and metallic looking. I can totally see this application on the figures. Super glossy colors are gonna be necessary here, I think. The renders that we have seen (according to Brian) do not represent the final product. Colors, yes... paint sheen, no. Looking forward to seeing these develop further!
    Last edited by JohnnyC; June 19, 2021 at 01:44pm.

Heroic Warrior
    New interview with Brian talking about paints, colors and the aesthetics they are going for:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFMZHnva640

From that reply it's quite obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about.
    I never said they were awarded by company size. You really should read more carefully before replying instead of being so eager to defend Super 7 as usual.
    This you?

If Super 7 were a small company they would not be being able to secure multiple licences.
    You really should read your own posts more carefully before replying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
    Citation Needed

Good luck with that one.
    It is a matter of public record. See its listing on D&B Hoovers.

This you?

It is a matter of public record. See its listing on D&B Hoovers.

This site is now my new favorite hobby. Thank you. Though I hate the way it's set up.

Also, you said 50 employees, but this site says 13. Where'd you get your count? And do you know how often this info is updated?

This you?
    You really seem to struggle understanding things so I will try and explain it more easily for you.

A. Small. Company. Would. Not. Be. Securing. That. Many. Licences.

Also I very much doubt they would be buying ownership of Silverhawks like Brian Flynn has done.

Quote Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
    This site is now my new favorite hobby. Thank you. Though I hate the way it's set up.

Also, you said 50 employees, but this site says 13. Where'd you get your count? And do you know how often this info is updated?
    I have subscriptions to multiple business research databases. D&B Hoovers happens to be the one that is the most accessible to the public. Each consistently lists the company size as between 10 and 50 employees. Some include only exempt employees, while others include non-exempt employees and independent contractors. For the purposes of this discussion, I listed 50 to be charitible to the argument of Mark M. The point being, he is simply wrong: by the most generous measure, Super7 is a small business.

- - - Updated - - -

You really seem to struggle understanding things so I will try and explain it more easily for you.

A. Small. Company. Would. Not. Be. Securing. That. Many. Licences.

Also I very much doubt they would be buying ownership of Silverhawks like Brian Flynn has done.
    You really seem to struggle to understand things, so I will try to explain it again more simply for you:

Super7 is a sole proprietorship. Super7 has between 10 and 50 employees. Super7 is a small business. Yet, Super7 has secured all those licenses.

I hope that clears things up for you.

I have subscriptions to multiple business research databases. D&B Hoovers happens to be the one that is the most accessible to the public. Each consistently lists the company size as between 10 and 50 employees. Some include only exempt employees, while others include non-exempt employees and independent contractors. For the purposes of this discussion, I listed 50 to be charitible to the argument of Mark M. The point being, he is simply wrong: by the most generous measure, Super7 is a small business.

- - - Updated - - -

You really seem to struggle to understand things, so I will try to explain it again more simply for you:

Super7 is a sole proprietorship. Super7 has between 10 and 50 employees. Super7 is a small business. Yet, Super7 has secured all those licenses.

When using terms like "small" or "big" business, is the primary qualifier employee number, profit, or a mixture of both? And where do these standards come from/what is the basis?

Edit: For clarity since we've been combative with each other before, my question above is genuine, and not some sort of "gotcha".
    Last edited by LioConvoy; June 19, 2021 at 09:35pm.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting bits here, thanks for sharing sir.

I hope this post ends the Super 7 off topic.

Back to topic:

The automotive paint app being a possibility to the figure is interesting. The pearlized will add effect that will be so cool. If that will be a reality then these figures will have their own identity while blending well with the rest of figures under Classics and Ultimates! line.
    I need to watch that new video of Pixel Dan now.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; June 20, 2021 at 02:40am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Yes got the notification earlier about Pixel Dan's video so definitely need to watch that next.
    Last edited by depp76; June 19, 2021 at 10:10pm.

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Iím really enjoying the fact that they are going the cartoon route. After all, when I was a kid, I wanted the figures to look more like the toon.

Btw, you said you arenít free to talk about anything further, but I guess Iím unfamiliar with your involvement in this line? Forgive me if Iím supposed to know who you are and donít.
    Ha no not at all. I keep a pretty low profile and probably should just keep my mouth shut, but Iím a sculptor who works for Four Horsemen Design. I do a lot of work on the Super7 lines. For this wave I sculpted Quicksilver and Steelheart (although another sculptor handled her bird).
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/