Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Thor: Love and Thunder 2022 movie thread

Official Thor: Love and Thunder 2022 movie thread

Oh man... this looks freakin' awesome!

Pretty stoked for this one!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    The Thor movies have definitely improved with the more comedic touch. Im looking forward to seeing this one.

I'm a huge fan of what they have done with Thor, especially Ragnorok but this teaser was meh......yet another movie about Thor finding himself. Thats basically every Thor movie so far lol. Plus no villain shown, although we know who it is going to be.

I'll almost definitely go see it (unless the next trailer makes it look Captain Marvel levels of bad) and I really hope/expect it will be an enjoyable movie but this teaser just didn't do anything for me, it actually dampened my enthusiasm a bit.

I think this will be a fun movie.

Also the Marvel Legends wave of figures for the movie look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I'm a huge fan of what they have done with Thor, especially Ragnorok but this teaser was meh......yet another movie about Thor finding himself. Thats basically every Thor movie so far lol. Plus no villain shown, although we know who it is going to be.

I'll almost definitely go see it (unless the next trailer makes it look Captain Marvel levels of bad) and I really hope/expect it will be an enjoyable movie but this teaser just didn't do anything for me, it actually dampened my enthusiasm a bit.
    Yeah you're right: Thor has to find himself again. But, isn't that same with all franchise movies? I'm stoked about Jane-Thor.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Yeah you're right: Thor has to find himself again. But, isn't that same with all franchise movies? I'm stoked about Jane-Thor.
    Yes... the events of the Infinity Saga impacted Thor more than any other character. It makes sense that he would need to find himself again after such a traumatic past.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Looks pretty good to me and look forward to seeing this in theaters. I don't know much about the villain (Gor the God Butcher) since he was after my comic collecting days were long over but I am intrigued by the possible introduction of Olympus and the Greek pantheon of deities. However, my hopes are not too high because the depiction I saw in this trailer seemed a bit too hokey to be taken seriously and I know Marvel/Disney's tendency to mislead the public in trailers.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Looks pretty good to me and look forward to seeing this in theaters. I don't know much about the villain (Gor the God Butcher) since he was after my comic collecting days were long over but I am intrigued by the possible introduction of Olympus and the Greek pantheon of deities. However, my hopes are not too high because the depiction I saw in this trailer seemed a bit too hokey to be taken seriously and I know Marvel/Disney's tendency to mislead the public in trailers.
    This would be amazing.

There is a LOT of untapped potential in this side of the Marvel Universe - mostly unknown to the general movie-going populace... which is right up Marvel Studio's alley.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I'm stoked about Jane-Thor.
    I initially was because I'm a big Natalie Portman fan so I love that 1. She's back in the films and 2. She's going to get in on the butt kicking action.

But then I remembered how the comics had the plot point of Jane suffering cancer during her stint as Thor and eventually died of it. It's been confirmed Jane is battling cancer in the movie. I'm going to be super ticked off if they brought her back just to kill her off.

Of course upon further research I've learned that Jane was resurrected afterwards, but it was Odin who brought her back and he's gone in the MCU. Apparently Jane then became a Valkyrie though that was after the other Valkyries were killed and I don't want Tessa Thompson's character killed off either.

...though I guess since she's now King of New Asgard she could stay in that role while Jane takes over the Valkyrie role.... Okay I'm just speculating/babbling now.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I initially was because I'm a big Natalie Portman fan so I love that 1. She's back in the films and 2. She's going to get in on the butt kicking action.

But then I remembered how the comics had the plot point of Jane suffering cancer during her stint as Thor and eventually died of it. It's been confirmed Jane is battling cancer in the movie. I'm going to be super ticked off if they brought her back just to kill her off.

Of course upon further research I've learned that Jane was resurrected afterwards, but it was Odin who brought her back and he's gone in the MCU. Apparently Jane then became a Valkyrie though that was after the other Valkyries were killed and I don't want Tessa Thompson's character killed off either.

...though I guess since she's now King of New Asgard she could stay in that role while Jane takes over the Valkyrie role.... Okay I'm just speculating/babbling now.
    Keep on speculating! That's why the internet was invented!

BTW I have not been this excited for a movies since Endgame. I am really excited for Thor Love and Thunder!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Yeah, I'm really excited for this movie too.

Cosmic Marvel is just so fun and wacky... I can't wait for the day when we're talking about the Silver Surfer MCU movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah, I'm really excited for this movie too.

Cosmic Marvel is just so fun and wacky... I can't wait for the day when we're talking about the Silver Surfer MCU movie!
    Knowing it's Waititi directing again ensures it will have the same zaniness that made Ragnarok so enjoyable!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Knowing it's Waititi directing again ensures it will have the same zaniness that made Ragnarok so enjoyable!
    100% agree...

I've really been enjoying his series, "Our Flag Means Death" too!

I've become a huge fan of Hemsworth's humor. The scene where he eases into Starlords field of vision is enough for me to want to see this in theaters.

I'm a Hulk guy but his Thor has easily become my favorite MCU character followed closely by Chris Evans' Captain America.

Hulk isn't even in my top 10. Thanks MCU.
    It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

New trailer dropped:

This just gets better and better!!!

I can't wait for this movie!

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm glad to see more information on the film and the first appearance of Christian Bale as Gorr. And after seeing him, and the goofiness of the Greek gods, I don't have a very good feeling about them surviving intact. I do hope to see and appearance by Hercules and perhaps even Lady Sif to see where she fits into the Thor/Jane/Valkyrie love quadrangle.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I'm glad to see more information on the film and the first appearance of Christian Bale as Gorr. And after seeing him, and the goofiness of the Greek gods, I don't have a very good feeling about them surviving intact. I do hope to see and appearance by Hercules and perhaps even Lady Sif to see where she fits into the Thor/Jane/Valkyrie love quadrangle.
    Yeah... I've got a bad feeling about Valkyrie making it out of this one as well.

Jaimie Alexander is in the cast, so you may get your Sif wish!

Yeah... I've got a bad feeling about Valkyrie making it out of this one as well.
    After seeing your "spoiler" which I don't think it is if she is on the cast list (I don't really follow too closely on movies, just mainly trailers and some news articles), I don't have high hopes for Lady Sif either, seeing the previous fates of her Warriors Three comrades. Valkyrie I am 50/50 on her survival (perhaps it comes at the expense of Lady Sif?). But either way, I am looking forward to this in IMAX!

The trailers look great and I'm really looking forward to this movie. I love all the Thor movies including even 2. I just hope this Jane Foster Thor is just a one-and-done thing and we're not stuck with her going forward. The Foster Thor books were so bad. I don't want to see that on the big screen.

Heroic Warrior
    I would think this will be one and done. Chris hemsworth is one of the few actors along with cumberbatch and Olsen who has expressed they have no desire to leave their characters anytime soon, cumberbatch has said hed sign another ten year contract and Olsen has expressed interest on being part of the x-men franchise going forward. Hey if we are lucky we will get to see Thor and storm go a few rounds at some point as well as hopefully hulk vs wolverine

I'm still hoping Hela and all the Asgardians will be shown in Hel/Valhala at some point, poised for a return. For sure I have no respect for the killing off of characters in this franchise. Feels like a cheap stunt almost every time to me.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm still hoping Hela and all the Asgardians will be shown in Hel/Valhala at some point, poised for a return. For sure I have no respect for the killing off of characters in this franchise. Feels like a cheap stunt almost every time to me.
    Well we know Sif is returning. It's nice to see that MS and Jaimie Alexander were able to sort out their issues. When she showed up in Loki, I was stoked. If Hemsworth is moving on, IMO, I'd rather have Sif as Thor's replacement than Jane. Chris though just recently said he's happy playing Thor and will stick around as long as they want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The trailers look great and I'm really looking forward to this movie. I love all the Thor movies including even 2. I just hope this Jane Foster Thor is just a one-and-done thing and we're not stuck with her going forward. The Foster Thor books were so bad. I don't want to see that on the big screen.
    I can't be sure, but I thought Natalie Portman only agreed to make this movie so she could finish her MCU commitment...

I can't be sure, but I thought Natalie Portman only agreed to make this movie so she could finish her MCU commitment...
    That's what I heard as well. She refused to do T3R and MS just said "OK" since most people didn't like her anyways.

Heroic Warrior
    Well I am glad Portman is back. In my opinion, she didn't get enough respect in the 1st 2 Thor movies. Having her ve the Mighty Thor is great in my opinion and if the movie does well, I hope she is open to doing more.