Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 SilverHawks Figures - CONFIRMED

Heroic Warrior
    Are super 7 going to be at powercon? I assumed the lack of updates at sdcc was because they were saving it for powercon 2 weeks away. But, if not. that is really odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah, my buddy and I were actually pretty big fans of both TCats and SilverHawks...

I distinctly remember being incredibly upset at how small the SilverHawks figures were in comparison to LJN's TCats... my friends and I wanted to play with them as if they were one line, but their size difference was crazy.

It was like having He-Man and Duke on the same team, lol
    I found it incredibly frustrating as a kid that all the 80's action figure properties were in different scales, sometimes even within the same property (Transformers). It meant that the various lines were not compatible with one another when it came to either active playing or just displaying. The only 2 that were similar in size were Star Wars and G.I. Joe.

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Are super 7 going to be at powercon? I assumed the lack of updates at sdcc was because they were saving it for powercon 2 weeks away. But, if not. that is really odd.
    Good question... I'll find out when I'm at Power-Con, I suppose. They really screwed the pooch for themselves, though, at SDCC. That is THE platform to shine on.

-Johnny C

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Good question... I'll find out when I'm at Power-Con, I suppose. They really screwed the pooch for themselves, though, at SDCC. That is THE platform to shine on.

-Johnny C
    I agree... and it's worrisome if they weren't proud enough to show ANYTHING Silverhawks related...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I agree... and it's worrisome if they weren't proud enough to show ANYTHING Silverhawks related...
    They didn't really show much of any products at SDCC aside from some G.I. Joe, Lion-O, glow in the dark TMNT, Toxic Crusaders and Godzilla stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    They didn't really show much of any products at SDCC aside from some G.I. Joe, Lion-O, glow in the dark TMNT, Toxic Crusaders and Godzilla stuff.
    That's all the more reason.

Of all those brands, I think that the one Super 7 needed to push the most was SilverHawks.

If, for nothing else, than to reassure all of the fans who have dropped hundreds of dollars on them almost two years ago...

I am hopeful that Super 7 will show some of these at Powercon. I am happy that we have most of the core characters so far. I am all in on this line and hope it lasts until we get the vintage line made in ultimates form. I canít see these selling worse than their 2001 A Space Odyssey ultimates or some of their super obscure lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Bryan said in one of the walk-throughs that their booth was much smaller this year and they couldn't show a lot of stuff off but supposedly there was some stuff at the pop-up store they had. Anybody go or see anything there?

I still don't understand dedicating all that space to the GID items. I get that the GID stuff was the exclusives but that stuff isn'y what's paying the bills. I'd think with limited shelf space you'd want to show off your most lucrative items. Like the wave 5 TMNT figures which they had early samples for but only pulled them out in PDan's video.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Bryan said in one of the walk-throughs that their booth was much smaller this year and they couldn't show a lot of stuff off but supposedly there was some stuff at the pop-up store they had. Anybody go or see anything there?

I still don't understand dedicating all that space to the GID items. I get that the GID stuff was the exclusives but that stuff isn'y what's paying the bills. I'd think with limited shelf space you'd want to show off your most lucrative items. Like the wave 5 TMNT figures which they had early samples for but only pulled them out in PDan's video.
    There was a video showing the pop up stire and it wasn't that impressive just G.I. Joe stuff, showing the wave 1 Ultimates, SDCC BAT and ReAction figures and T-shirts and clothing etc.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzYPAZHoNDc

Those TMNT Wave 5 figures look nice.
    Last edited by Mark M; July 30, 2022 at 01:04pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Something has to have gone wrong at this point for them to not even have samples to show right?

Heroic Warrior
    What went wrongs sounds like it mightve had something to do with them thinking they own the IP and finding out they don't. So theyre probably moving along with production while trying to license it from WB. A bit of a mess..

Did anyone get the Ramentoys Quicksilver? I had it in my pile of loot but cancelled. I guess im still undecided. Its ok but very clearly not worth the price. And ive seen multiple reviews where parts will fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    What went wrongs sounds like it mightve had something to do with them thinking they own the IP and finding out they don't. So theyre probably moving along with production while trying to license it from WB. A bit of a mess..

Did anyone get the Ramentoys Quicksilver? I had it in my pile of loot but cancelled. I guess im still undecided. Its ok but very clearly not worth the price. And ive seen multiple reviews where parts will fall off.
    I'm sure with such a reasonably priced line, no one would care if they ask for a few more bucks to cover a royalty.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'm sure with such a reasonably priced line, no one would care if they ask for a few more bucks to cover a royalty.
    HaHaHaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Heroic Warrior
    So did end up ordering the ramen quicksilver. Figured why not, no one has made a silverhawks anything in decades. But, im pretty sure I'm going to pass on their Mon-Star...the paint work looks great but, hes just too lanky and i prefer the s7 version.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    The way theyíve handled silverhawks thus far is bizarre. We simply donít know what is being presented at this time. Yes he showed some shills unpainted prototypes but that means nothing in terms of a line that literally calls out a color in the name.

Originally they said they were going more for the toon look which is why w1 renders weíre more flat and bluish.. which oddly I liked. Then they were adding a sparkle to it, then more metallicÖ which is it!?

Iím hoping for the best but as always I donít hold my breath with ultimates. Reaction figures seem to always hit the mark but ultimates are questionable. If anything I have no problem holding off for a year and watching these go to amazons bargain basement prices like Thundercats and turtles have been doing. I donít even collect turtles but Shredder wasnít even 30 bucks the other day, canít go wrong, and fixing a mistake at that price stings less.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    The way theyíve handled silverhawks thus far is bizarre. We simply donít know what is being presented at this time. Yes he showed some shills unpainted prototypes but that means nothing in terms of a line that literally calls out a color in the name.

Originally they said they were going more for the toon look which is why w1 renders weíre more flat and bluish.. which oddly I liked. Then they were adding a sparkle to it, then more metallicÖ which is it!?

Iím hoping for the best but as always I donít hold my breath with ultimates. Reaction figures seem to always hit the mark but ultimates are questionable. If anything I have no problem holding off for a year and watching these go to amazons bargain basement prices like Thundercats and turtles have been doing. I donít even collect turtles but Shredder wasnít even 30 bucks the other day, canít go wrong, and fixing a mistake at that price stings less.
    Whoa, there's cheap Ultimates on Amazon??

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    They hover around 30-45 dollars shipped. But if you check often enough some sellers do flash deals for 25-28 dollars. Muck man was 24 dollars recently.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Yup... I got my Jaga, Jackalman 2.0, and Mumm-Ra from Amazon - all around $30USD.

Heroic Warrior
    They've also been marked down on & off at Entertainment Earth and even peeped Pumm-Ra for $34 on dorkside a few weeks back. Its possible to even find a deal with the occasional ebay seller too...i managed to get most of wave 3 at around $35 ea on there.

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Well.... if you're on Instagram, Brian posted a short video of the paint app on Quicksilver. I'm not mad at it, really. Some will hate it for sure. The figure itself looks amazing, though.

-Johnny C

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Well.... if you're on Instagram, Brian posted a short video of the paint app on Quicksilver. I'm not mad at it, really. Some will hate it for sure. The figure itself looks amazing, though.

-Johnny C
    Hmmm. Yeahhh...I don't see that making some people happy at all, although most of the comments are very positive. Personally I wouldn't be.
    Last edited by depp76; September 24, 2022 at 09:38am.

Heroic Warrior
    Somewhat pearlaecant with some airbrushing delineating the musclature. Eh whatever. Still plan on getting the villians and waiting it out for the inevitable "toy deco" versions of the team.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    I actually really like it. I was worried it would end up too metallic. The toy look is fun and nostalgic but not really what I want on the new figures. I also assume all the nuances of the effect don't come across in video.

A good attempt at retaining an animated look with an interesting real world shine. I'm pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

The only thought running through my head right now is, it took THIS LONG to see a sample of a Wave 1 figure?!?

Is the "7" in Super 7 the number of years it takes to produce an action figure?

At least it looks lpretty much like the digital render.