Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 SilverHawks Figures - CONFIRMED

So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

So me not having a lot of Super 7 experience...am I the only one thinking, "OK wave 2 is out for pre-order. Cool! But when am I getting wave 1 ?"

How many waves will I end up buying before I get any figures?
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    How many waves will I end up buying before I get any figures?
    If you pre-order through BBTS, you will not have to “buy” any figures since they don’t charge you until the figures are actually received in their warehouse. That’s where I pre-order all of my items from and they have a $4 flat shipping fee for however many items you want to ship from your Pile of Loot. It is very convenient.

As for the new items, the only thing that interests me is the throne. I think the armored up Mon-Star is the definitive version of the character so I don’t really need his powered down version. And the other villain looks fairly ordinary.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    If you pre-order through BBTS, you will not have to “buy” any figures since they don’t charge you until the figures are actually received in their warehouse. That’s where I pre-order all of my items from and they have a $4 flat shipping fee for however many items you want to ship from your Pile of Loot. It is very convenient.

As for the new items, the only thing that interests me is the throne. I think the armored up Mon-Star is the definitive version of the character so I don’t really need his powered down version. And the other villain looks fairly ordinary.
    I went ahead and pre-ordered the first wave directly from Super 7 but I guess this is the route I'll need to go with wave 2. I just feel weird, buying (pre-ordering) a second wave before I've even seen the final product on the first wave.

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    I went ahead and pre-ordered the first wave directly from Super 7 but I guess this is the route I'll need to go with wave 2. I just feel weird, buying (pre-ordering) a second wave before I've even seen the final product on the first wave.
    That's the beauty of BBTS, though... if you get that first wave in and you're not happy, you can simply cancel and you'll be golden. I love BBTS's model.

-Johnny C

I'm in for all of Wave 2. Monstar looks amazing.

I'm definitely ordering the throne too.

------------

Brian Flynn's design philosophy for his toys is sculpt and design aesthetic first, articulation second.

He's gotten a lot of pushback on that, so much that he's acknowledged this in a Fwoosh interview.

I haven't seen any comments about the fact that the Power Rangers and Silver Hawks all have torso articulation.

I wonder if this is an unspoken response to the criticism.

I'm good with solid torsos for the ultimates in most cases and single jointed elbows, but I do want butterfly joints.

----------

Look at that Monstar. Three separate head sculpts? The extra hands?

I really want Super 7 to get the MOTU license back and continue the Filmation series and give us an articulated 200x MOTU line.

WINDHAMMER!!!!!

I'm so happy!!!!

This is a good wave!

Plus, I'm happy because I'll only get three of the four... I won't need two Mon*Stars on my shelf.

Hoping that we see Stargazer before too long.

EDIT: I just noticed the disclaimer... shouldn't it read, "Final figures will vary." ??
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I would be EXTREMELY satisfied if he was just a jumbo figure with no feature. I'd love to have the smaller version as well but I know exactly which version I'd display.
    Yeah, going with a large oversized figure is the way to go for him.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW! Wave two is amazing.

BlueGrass is perfect! That music blast... man I can't wait to have him face off against melodia.

Monstar is great, I would have saved him for wave 3 but I ain't mad about it.

Windhammer with all those crazy effect are awesome

Steelwill is stellar.

Hell even the throne is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    What a disappointment, Windhammer will never look like this with the tunic made of soft goods, it will be an aesthetic downgrade, they should include the sculpted option too, like Mumm-ra, Splinter and Jaga.
    Who knows, they just might.
    cogito ergo doleo

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    So far, the only design issue I see is that Bluegrass knots his scarf over his human arm. Hopefully these designs aren't too far along to change it around. Other than that, this line will live or die on what metallic paint Brian eventually chooses to use. If it sucks, I'm out.

533389712b8c1b2e5af3e186d001612f.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Is no one going to comment on the throne being a 45$ accessory? That just doesn't compute... from the looks of it, it's a single piece of plastic, no major paint apps or anything. The price seems a bit outlandish for what this is...^^

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    this line will live or die on what metallic paint Brian eventually chooses to use. If it sucks, I'm out.

Sadly, I just might have to agree with this, but who knows. I'll still buy them, no matter what. If the paint app is no good, they have made great strides in chrome(ish) paints you can apply yourself. I might go that route if I'm not happy with what they eventually use. The sculpts themselves are FANTASTIC, so that alone is worth it to me. We never had it this good in the 80's cause, let's face it... these are the sculpts we wanted, LOL. I'll say it again, though: We NEED to see some actual plastic products soon. These renderings are great, but I'm starting to really want proof of what I'm buying. Come on, Super7!!! Let's do this!

-Johnny C

So far, the only design issue I see is that Bluegrass knots his scarf over his human arm. Hopefully these designs aren't too far along to change it around. Other than that, this line will live or die on what metallic paint Brian eventually chooses to use. If it sucks, I'm out.

It would be wrong for them not to use the model sheets for sculpting. Hope that is a separate piece and not attached.

Seems like it would interfere with the guitar strap in this position.

Wave Two looks really, really good. A few thoughts:

- I am glad that in these renderings, they gave Bluegrass and Steelwill more of a metallic finish. They don't look nearly as flat as Steelheart and Quicksilver did. Still, it's beyond time for Super7 to be showing us some real prototypes along with some real examples of how the metallic paint will look. My pre-order of Wave One is make-or-break on what the final product actually looks like.

- I am still somewhat on the fence about whether I'll be buying every figure or just getting the core team of Silverhawks. But dang, Windhammer has me leaning toward being a completist. He looks amazing.

- I am surprised they released Mon*Star in his de-powered form this quickly. Having said that, I prefer his design in his de-powered form and may favor that figure on my shelf vs. the powered-up version.

- The throne looks nice enough but is an extra-easy pass for me, especially at that price for what appears to be a solid piece of plastic.

- I am really surprised they are burning through the core team this quickly. I assumed after Wave One, every other wave would only include one member. I'm worried now that Copper Kid won't be in Wave 3 and they'll delay him for a future wave.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    - I am still somewhat on the fence about whether I'll be buying every figure or just getting the core team of Silverhawks. But dang, Windhammer has me leaning toward being a completist. He looks amazing....

- The throne looks nice enough but is an extra-easy pass for me, especially at that price for what appears to be a solid piece of plastic...
    I feel pretty much the same. Still, I'll wait to see a review of the final product or check what is included in wave 3 to pull the trigger on Windhammer. The other figures are already pre-ordered, but particularly for me it would be too much and too expensive to get into this collection 100%.

The throne looks nice, but it seems to be a glorified 3D print for its pricing and to be sold separately. Similar to what the Mousers pack is for TMNT Ultimates line
    Last edited by Rhanen; October 29, 2021 at 10:53am.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post

- I am glad that in these renderings, they gave Bluegrass and Steelwill more of a metallic finish. They don't look nearly as flat as Steelheart and Quicksilver did. Still, it's beyond time for Super7 to be showing us some real prototypes along with some real examples of how the metallic paint will look. My pre-order of Wave One is make-or-break on what the final product actually looks like.

- I am still somewhat on the fence about whether I'll be buying every figure or just getting the core team of Silverhawks. But dang, Windhammer has me leaning toward being a completist. He looks amazing.

- I am surprised they released Mon*Star in his de-powered form this quickly. Having said that, I prefer his design in his de-powered form and may favor that figure on my shelf vs. the powered-up version.

- The throne looks nice enough but is an extra-easy pass for me, especially at that price for what appears to be a solid piece of plastic.

- I am really surprised they are burning through the core team this quickly. I assumed after Wave One, every other wave would only include one member. I'm worried now that Copper Kid won't be in Wave 3 and they'll delay him for a future wave.
    I was shocked with monstar too but at the same time they did the same thing with mummra in the tcats line too.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I feel pretty much the same. Still, I'll wait to see a review of the final product or check what on wave 3 to pull the trigger on Windhammer. The other figures are already pre-ordered, but particularly for me it would be too much and too expensive to get into this collection 100%.

The throne looks nice, but it seems to be a glorified 3D print for its pricing and to be sold separately. Similar to what the Mousers pack is for TMNT Ultimates line
    For me, Windhammer is a must... along with Hardware, Mumbo-Jumbo, Mo-lec-u-lar, Buzz-Saw, Yes-Man and Melodia. These are my "core" villains.

I don't think that I'd purchase guys like Timestopper, Poker Face, Smiley or Bounty-Hunter...

I agree with you on the throne... it looks like an expensive, hollow piece of plastic. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that Super 7 is offering it, and that they are making it optional for those who do want it. They're doing right by the customer this way.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

WOW! Super 7 designed a throne that Mon*star can actually sit in unlike Skeletor's throne that came with Snake Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    WOW! Super 7 designed a throne that Mon*star can actually sit in unlike Skeletor's throne that came with Snake Mountain.

That was quite something - the long sought after Filmation bone throne included in a 600 dollar playset wasn't scaled correctly for the figures!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post

That was quite something - the long sought after Filmation bone throne included in a 600 dollar playset wasn't scaled correctly for the figures!
    Same with the dungeon that couldn't even correctly hold one figure. To be fair though they were busy designing that really complicated trap door mechanism that also doesn't work quite right.

So what are everyone's thoughts on using a paint app that was used on Super7's Ultimates Destro? I think it works on that particular character and looks quite nice. I'm wondering what a full body application would look like though. Seems to be at least a base solution to the "shiny problem". I'm also trying to imagine it in other colors. It could work, but I do hope they go another route. Something tells me that this is what we're basically going to end up getting in the end.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? All of the above?

-Johnny C

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    So what are everyone's thoughts on using a paint app that was used on Super7's Ultimates Destro? I think it works on that particular character and looks quite nice. I'm wondering what a full body application would look like though. Seems to be at least a base solution to the "shiny problem". I'm also trying to imagine it in other colors. It could work, but I do hope they go another route. Something tells me that this is what we're basically going to end up getting in the end.

-Johnny C
    Speaking only for myself, as long as we can look at the paint finish on the 'Hawks and objectively say, "They look like a fair representation of metal but in plastic form," I'll be pleased.

If they are in any way matte/"cartoon-accurate", I will rage with the fire of 1,000 suns.

I'm still baffled by this. Companies have created "metallic" action figures for decades, Super7 included, and I'm not just talking vac-metal. This isn't rocket science. Make them shiny.

Honestly, my gut tells me that Super7 aimed for "cartoon accurate" colors/finishes on Wave One because they looked only at animation cels and cartoon model sheets, not taking into account that the Silverhawks are supposed to have a shiny/metallic finish but the animators were limited in how they translated that finish in cartoon form. And the reason Super7 didn't take this into account is because I really doubt Brian's familiarity with the property (same with ThunderCats) and was caught off-guard when collectors asked why Quicksilver and Steelheart looked so flat. Thankfully it appears that they course-corrected, because the renders of Steelwill and Bluegrass look more metallic.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post

-Johnny C
    Ha! That's the first thing that popped into my head too when I saw Ultimates Destro - he's a perfect example of a shinier metallic paint that would look great on the Silverhawks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xFcsb3K4V4

New interview with the Fwoosh makes me SUPER excited for the line.
    cogito ergo doleo