Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Found Origins Grayskull at Retail!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    How in the world is the Classics castle 'dumbed down'?
    The original rumor was a “dumbed” down or less detailed classics castle was being released for origins. That turned out to be wrong.

Being I already own the fantastic classics castle, I had no interest in a retail version. I wanted something that felt vintage.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not buying the Origins Castle Grayskull, I think my old vintage one will do just fine. But I would love to get the new white sorceress figure that comes with it. Does anyone think it will be available separately?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Ghast View Post
    I'm not buying the Origins Castle Grayskull, I think my old vintage one will do just fine. But I would love to get the new white sorceress figure that comes with it. Does anyone think it will be available separately?
    It most likely was included to be an incentive. If they release a single-carded Sorceress, it will be toon accurate.

Widget
    Is there a way to open the jaw bridge without inserting something in the keyhole? Seeing that the Power Swords get chewed up a bit my the mechanism is a huge bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by timhodge View Post
    Is there a way to open the jaw bridge without inserting something in the keyhole? Seeing that the Power Swords get chewed up a bit my the mechanism is a huge bummer.
    Maybe use a spare as a "stunt" Power Sword?

I found CG at Walmart yesterday. They didn't have shelf space allotted for it; it was up in overstock at the end of the aisle.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Amazon.ca cancelled my order for the Castle yesterday. I was so mad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just in from Wal-Mart:

We're sorry if this date change is an inconvenience. The product manufacturer controls the release date for this product and we'll ship it to you as quickly as we can once it's released.

Order date: 10/9/2020

Masters of the Universe Castle Grayskull Playset

Ships By 5/27/2021

...and I was so optimistic these would actually ship since they're showing up on shelves (not any shelves around me, mind you).

I got that email. too.

Mine was supposed to come this coming Tuesday. What a bummer.

C'mon, Mattel, get your crap together!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    I got the email too.

Translation: ďwe need more time to figure out how to charge you more or cancel your item while we stock them in storesĒ

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I got the email too.

Translation: “we need more time to figure out how to charge you more or cancel your item while we stock them in stores”
    Yes. Unfortunately that's true. I remember going through that with Kenner's Classic Ghostbusters re-release. Had a pre-order in, while the figures had literally hit the shelves of stores around me. The problem was it was never a complete set, so I kept waiting for my pre-order to be fulfilled, only to see it delayed over and over.

When I called they blamed the manufacturer, and said there was nothing they could do, LOL. I was like, well, yeah, you can. You can fulfill pre-orders before you start putting products on shelves. Anyway, it was a waste of breath. They're all imbeciles.

EDIT: My Castle Grayskull was also delayed, by the way. But I expected it. I looked yesterday for an update, saw how close it was getting to fulfillment, and sarcastically thought Wal-Mart was cutting it close and should be sending me the delayed email any moment. And then it happened.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Just received the same delayed e-mail from Walmart. My six year old son is going to be so sad. Definitely feel like I got used on this one. I fear it wonít come based on past experiences and stories. What a bummer.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Widget
    I also received this email, was furious since as many have mentioned these are in stores and I am convinced they are hoping as many people cancel their $75.00 pre-order as soon as possible so they can turn around and flip those at their new higher online store price of $139.11 (keep in mind this is Walmarts price, not 3rd party). What a shady practice and yet another reason never to shop at Walmart.

Happily, you can pre-order one from either entertainmentearth.com or bigbadtoystore.com
    Yes, the wait will be longer, EE is $5.00 more than Walmart with free shipping and BBTS is $10.00 more with $4.00 shipping (works out cheaper if shipping from your pile of loot). These are both reputable retailers who I know will actually get these to me, and more likely to received a CG box without damage as they both pack carefully.

This is the only thing I plan to grab from this line other than Orko, and as usual Mattel are doing a terrible job with distribution and Walmart as a partner (only other business that is worse I feel is NECA)

Thank goodness there are other options!

I'm more or less okay with waiting, as long as I get it, but I REALLY hope they don't cancel my pre-order.

But the whole thing stinks; "pre-ordering" implies that you'll be among the first to get an item, and guarantees that you will indeed receive it. In this case, it looks like those people who "pre-ordered" are going to be getting it LATER than everyone else, if they even get it at all. And that's ridiculous.

I've always been a fan of Mattel's products, to the point where I can sometimes ignore (even if not defend) some of their business practices. But this past few months has me really annoyed with them as a company.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah2849 View Post
    EDIT: My Castle Grayskull was also delayed, by the way. But I expected it. I looked yesterday for an update, saw how close it was getting to fulfillment, and sarcastically thought Wal-Mart was cutting it close and should be sending me the delayed email any moment. And then it happened.
    I expected it too. Kept waiting for a shipping notice but, knew it would never arrive on time. Ugh. I donít know if I should blame Mattel for not getting them out on time or blame Walmart for putting them in stores before filling preorders. Walmart has done this multiple times over the last couple years. I blame Walmart...then Mattel.

Received the same delay email from Walmart and decided to go ahead and cancel. I know it's a little more money, but I have pile of loot on Big Bad Toy Store, so I just preoredered it there. I'll likely get it later than everyone else, but I don't care... at least it's guaranteed.
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Widget
    Got a cancellation e-mail from Walmart today (what a very efficient pre-order process):

Thanks for your recent order. We're really sorry, but we've had to cancel the items shown below.
    If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center. Hope to see you again soon!

Order number 554XXXX-XXXXXX
    Order date Fri, Oct 9, 2020

Sincerely,
    - Your Walmart Customer Care Team

Canceled Items - Walmart
    Item Qty 2
    Masters of the Universe Castle Grayskull Playset for MOTU Fans Ages 6 Years Old and Up

Heroic Warrior
    Just got the cancellation email. I preordered within an hour of it going up too. Disgusting. No other word. Thank God for BBTS

Heroic Warrior
    This is so infuriating. All the more so because there will never be any explanation or accountability.

Heroic Warrior
    Not like I didnít expect this. I havenít received my email yet but, in preparation, I just ordered another from BBTS. I hope those show up by 2021. This whole line is doomed with all these distribution issues and Walmart is a piece of trash company. I wish there was a way to end them, seriously. Walmart and the like have ultimately ruined this country(and many others, Iím sure). Ugh, Iím whining again. Apologies.

Oh, GREAT.

I haven't gotten that email just yet but with any luck I'll get it any minute now. Awesome.

What a rotten joke.

I also had the October 9, 2020 preorder and, so far, mine has not been canceled.

Interestingly, as of today anyway, the price on Wal-Mart's site is back to the original $74.97 but the item shows "Out of Stock" and available to flag for In-Stock alerts.

Heroic Warrior
    Attention He-People!! I have news from afar!!! My Castle Grayskull has shipped from Walmart!

I know, I know...I can’t believe it either. It’s like manna from Heaven. I was sure it was getting canceled.

I hope everyone gets their Grayskull soon. I’m rooting for you!

Of course, it’s FedEx so, it’ll most likely be destroyed. Good thing I have one coming from BBTS as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Court Magician
    Ho! My Castle has also been shipped

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Attention He-People!! I have news from afar!!! My Castle Grayskull has shipped from Walmart!
    I am sincerely really, really happy for you (and, selfishly, hope this means mine will ship, too). It's an interesting time we find ourselves in when we're overjoyed that a retailer actually fulfills an order for an item we bought from them via their own site/ordering process.

Anxious to hear how it's packed/boxed and, above all, how awesome it is to finally have in hand.