Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Found Origins Grayskull at Retail!

Found Origins Grayskull at Retail!

Thank you Walmart! Got 2 of these Beasts this morning in Dieppe New-Brunswick Canada.

Reviewed it here https://youtu.be/duoGMPXQMfA

Cheers

Kev
    For the Best in Toy Reviews!!
    http://www.askkevanything.com

Cool! Great to know itís starting to show up in Canada.

Any chance you could provide the UPC number for Castle Grayskull please?

Here u go: 88796196024

Thanks so much, you are awesome!

*stares at BBTS August release date*

Congrats on the Grayskull!

No worries my friend. Best of luck in your search.

Heroic Warrior
    Assuming Walmart in the US doesn't drop the line, I'll just order it when it comes in stock online. Otherwise I'll pay the Entertainment Earth mark-up

Whoa, awesome!

I wonder if there's any chance the one I pre-ordered on the Walmart website might ship before 4/20, then. Lord knows the wait is killing me!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Compose View Post
    Thank you Walmart! Got 2 of these Beasts this morning in Dieppe New-Brunswick Canada.

Reviewed it here https://youtu.be/duoGMPXQMfA

Cheers

Kev
    Great review, thanks! I'll be patient with my BBTS pre-order, but looking forward to this more than ever now.

You had a very adorable slipper thief at 6:12 by the way

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Whoa, awesome!

I wonder if there's any chance the one I pre-ordered on the Walmart website might ship before 4/20, then. Lord knows the wait is killing me!
    Unlike other preorders I have open at Walmart.com, Iím unable to cancel Castle Grayskull. The shipping ETA still shows April though.

Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    Assuming Walmart in the US doesn't drop the line, I'll just order it when it comes in stock online. Otherwise I'll pay the Entertainment Earth mark-up
    I definitely don't foresee WM dropping the line, at least on a national level. In fact, I'm almost willing to bet that Mattel entered into some soft exclusive deal with WM over certain waves and Grayskull. They say "CG will be available worldwide in March, no wait, May... scratch that, August..." meanwhile they're supplying WM in Canada with it in February.

Mattel gonna Mattel.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Great video, I can't get over all the little improvements to the original. I agree with some folks that the green could be darker but on the whole I am very impressed. I feel like they changed/added just enough to make it so that it's not altogether redundant compared to the original.

I've been thinking about saving up for a complete vintage Grayskull, since someone stole mine a long time ago. But y'know, I might just be content with this one, at least for now. It's got almost everything the original had along with a few improvements... if I could only pick one, I gotta say it would be this one. I'll probably still grab an original one eventually but I'm not sweating it as much.

I just hope they actually ship pre-orders early. Waiting until the end of April for this thing is gonna be AGONY.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    I guess I'll be that one person who thinks the vintage one looks better.

That paint job just screams... cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post

No, I'm with you 100%. I wasn't a fan of the paintjob on Classics either. It was too clean, not organic/decayed enough.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post

You're not the only one who thinks that, the vintage set does look better despite some of the upgrades this new Origins version has. Nonetheless, this castle looks good enough for the current market and for its price range.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I think it looks great. Not sure when it will be available in the UK.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    No, I'm with you 100%. I wasn't a fan of the paintjob on Classics either. It was too clean, not organic/decayed enough.
    It looks great compared to this, though...

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Nonetheless, this castle looks good enough for the current market and for its price range.
    That's really it for me...for the price point, I think I'll have fun with this.

Jesus, just repaint it if it's such a big huge deal. I mean, no, "We shouldn't have to" or whatever, but hey, there's worse ways to pass a weekend.

I prefer the original's color over this one too, but I'm not really gonna make a federal case out of it. I'd definitely prefer a darker color scheme but I'm more concerned with all the little things this one improves upon. If it gets to the point where it actually bothers me, I'll just "fix" it. But I'll probably be fine with it as-is.

A lot of the figures in the line have more vivid colors than the originals, and I think the Castle is just meant to continue that general aesthetic. It's not what I would've done, personally, but eh, it's a way to go.

Heroic Warrior
    How dare anyone be unhappy about the paint job!

We should just strip it and paint it ourselves!

Money, schmoney!

Excuse me while I bow to Mattel and their grace of just giving us a castle at all and let us all just take whatever they give us and like it!

Not quite what I said, but hey, by all means, nobody's telling you you have to buy the thing.

At my age, I'm done holding my breath waiting for or expecting anything to ever be "perfect". It's nice when it Is, but usually, it Isn't. That's Life.

And I can complain about when it Isn't, or I can shrug and move on with my life, realizing that at the end of the day it's not the end of the world. Sometimes "Good Enough" is good enough. Because again, philosophically-speaking, more often than not "Good Enough" is all anyone can reasonably expect. Not just in toys, but in Life.

So it's fine that we disagree about our enthusiasm (or lack thereof), but going forward, kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth to try and make your point.

Thanks in advance.

Heroic Warrior
    No, thank you, my Lord!

Your curtsey needs work. Somehow... I just don't find it convincingly sincere.

Heroic Warrior
    Looks “neh” on Walmart.com
    Looks “eh yeh” on the back of the box
    Looks “meh” in the videos

I’m speaking solely of the front-outside portion. Could be worse... as shown on Walmart.com lol

...and yes, I think the front of the original still looks better. Inside looks awesome.
    Last edited by whakojacko; February 9, 2021 at 10:23pm.

Congratulations on finding this, and thank you for the great review. I donít know if some of you reviewers realize how important your videos are to so many of us. Iím home most of the time while my son is schooled at home 3 days a week. So many are in the same situation. I know itís a small thing but this video put a nice smile on my face. Little victories.

On the castle, Iíd like a darker color but thus fits in with origins which is bright loud colors. This castle is exactly what I wanted, an update of the 80s castle. I already have the classics behemoth, I wanted a vintage feeling castle. This is it and Iím excited to own it.
    Comedian on the matty forums.