Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Found Origins Grayskull at Retail!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Found Origins Grayskull at Retail!

Thank you Walmart! Got 2 of these Beasts this morning in Dieppe New-Brunswick Canada.

Reviewed it here https://youtu.be/duoGMPXQMfA

Cheers

Kev
    For the Best in Toy Reviews!!
    http://www.askkevanything.com

Cool! Great to know itís starting to show up in Canada.

Any chance you could provide the UPC number for Castle Grayskull please?

Here u go: 88796196024

Thanks so much, you are awesome!

*stares at BBTS August release date*

Congrats on the Grayskull!

No worries my friend. Best of luck in your search.

Heroic Warrior
    Assuming Walmart in the US doesn't drop the line, I'll just order it when it comes in stock online. Otherwise I'll pay the Entertainment Earth mark-up

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Compose View Post
    Thank you Walmart! Got 2 of these Beasts this morning in Dieppe New-Brunswick Canada.

Cheers

Kev
    Great review, thanks! I'll be patient with my BBTS pre-order, but looking forward to this more than ever now.

You had a very adorable slipper thief at 6:12 by the way

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Whoa, awesome!

I wonder if there's any chance the one I pre-ordered on the Walmart website might ship before 4/20, then. Lord knows the wait is killing me!
    Unlike other preorders I have open at Walmart.com, Iím unable to cancel Castle Grayskull. The shipping ETA still shows April though.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Compose View Post

Cheers

Kev
    OMG!! I grew up with dachshunds!!!

Tilly is SO CUTE!!

Also, that CG is a nice mix of old and new... I hope Mattel sells tons of them!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Mine has white specs all over it but they are in the plastic. It's weird.
    20210215_201345.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Mine has white specs all over it but they are in the plastic. It's weird.
    20210215_201345.jpg
    I've recently seen some up close pics of the Castle and those white specs all over it does look strange. I just don't understand some of the decisions those behind this line are making.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I've recently seen some up close pics of the Castle and those white specs all over it does look strange. I just don't understand some of the decisions those behind this line are making.
    Yeah, it's kind of a mixed bag. Some really great stuff, but occasionally some baffling choices too. IMO the large items like Grayskull and Battle Cat seem like a different design style compared to the figures.
    Last edited by Lich Leech; February 16, 2021 at 06:20pm.

Court Magician
    Iíve watched all the reviews on YouTube so far and Iím looking forward to getting this CG and then:

-Repainting the entire shell a dark gray

-doing a black wash

-adding green and gray highlights

-painting the wooden parts a lighter brown

-adding craft moss to the exterior in some places

-giving the interior wooden parts a black wash

DCompose, does it look like shell can be easily disassembled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing pics of that. Should be epic!

I'm tempted to get a second one to do more or less the same thing but I'm not made of money and there's so many other things I gotta get, yet. That would be a ton of fun, though.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Well, looks like Walmart is up to their old tricks. I got my preorder in for $74 and change a few weeks ago thankfully. Now Walmart has increased the price to $176!

Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    Iíve watched all the reviews on YouTube so far and Iím looking forward to getting this CG and then:

-Repainting the entire shell a dark gray

-doing a black wash

-adding green and gray highlights

-painting the wooden parts a lighter brown

-adding craft moss to the exterior in some places

-giving the interior wooden parts a black wash

DCompose, does it look like shell can be easily disassembled?

I've taken the castle apart completely. Separating the two sides is not easy, I used a sharp Xacto knife to create two clean slices on either side of the metal bar the runs down the middle. The bar is in two pieces (top to middle, middle to bottom) and if you just slice the top open it will not just slide out nicely, it has grooved ends that I think are twisted into the plastic like a screw would.

I used a coping saw with a fine blade to cut the castle in half horizontally, this was easy to do as the plastic is soft and not brittle, so it doesn't crack or break at any point.

The only other thing that required any work to remove was the elevator, which is attached with three tiny screws that come out quickly.

I now have some Grayskull Origins furniture I might not use, some extra floor pieces, flags, etc. Plus the box art. I'm not sure if this interests anyone.
    Jay

I was pretty set on sticking to the MOTUC CG for our Origins toys, but the more I see of this thing, the more I want it. Iím digging the simpler, more toy-like nature of this whole line. (Donít get me wrong, Classics is still the King, as far as Iím concerned.)

I also really like the fact that this castle playset is super portable, unlike MOTUCís.

Hermione and I love taking action figures pics outside in various places, and we always take a mess of figures on road trips for that. If never take out Classics CG out like that for fear of damage or even just because itís so massive and ungainly, but this is nice and portable.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube (GIVEAWAY in Progress!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I was pretty set on sticking to the MOTUC CG for our Origins toys, but the more I see of this thing, the more I want it. Iím digging the simpler, more toy-like nature of this whole line. (Donít get me wrong, Classics is still the King, as far as Iím concerned.)

I also really like the fact that this castle playset is super portable, unlike MOTUCís.

Hermione and I love taking action figures pics outside in various places, and we always take a mess of figures on road trips for that. If never take out Classics CG out like that for fear of damage or even just because itís so massive and ungainly, but this is nice and portable.

That's the kind of father/daughter bonding the world needs more of. Kudos to you Uki for being an awesome dad to an awesome kid.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

This castle is the reason Iím collections origins. I wanted a vintage castle update not a dumbed down giant classics castle.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Amazon.ca cancelled my order for the Castle yesterday. I was so mad!

This just in from Wal-Mart:

We're sorry if this date change is an inconvenience. The product manufacturer controls the release date for this product and we'll ship it to you as quickly as we can once it's released.

Order date: 10/9/2020

Masters of the Universe Castle Grayskull Playset

Ships By 5/27/2021

...and I was so optimistic these would actually ship since they're showing up on shelves (not any shelves around me, mind you).

I got that email. too.

Mine was supposed to come this coming Tuesday. What a bummer.

C'mon, Mattel, get your crap together!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

I got the email too.

Translation: ďwe need more time to figure out how to charge you more or cancel your item while we stock them in storesĒ

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I got the email too.

Translation: “we need more time to figure out how to charge you more or cancel your item while we stock them in stores”
    Yes. Unfortunately that's true. I remember going through that with Kenner's Classic Ghostbusters re-release. Had a pre-order in, while the figures had literally hit the shelves of stores around me. The problem was it was never a complete set, so I kept waiting for my pre-order to be fulfilled, only to see it delayed over and over.

When I called they blamed the manufacturer, and said there was nothing they could do, LOL. I was like, well, yeah, you can. You can fulfill pre-orders before you start putting products on shelves. Anyway, it was a waste of breath. They're all imbeciles.

EDIT: My Castle Grayskull was also delayed, by the way. But I expected it. I looked yesterday for an update, saw how close it was getting to fulfillment, and sarcastically thought Wal-Mart was cutting it close and should be sending me the delayed email any moment. And then it happened.