Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 282

Thread: Found Origins Grayskull at Retail!

  1. #101
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Attention He-People!! I have news from afar!!! My Castle Grayskull has shipped from Walmart!

    I know, I know...I canít believe it either. Itís like manna from Heaven. I was sure it was getting canceled.

    I hope everyone gets their Grayskull soon. Iím rooting for you!

    Of course, itís FedEx so, itíll most likely be destroyed. Good thing I have one coming from BBTS as well.
    Just curious... Did you get the delayed email last week? What date did you order it?

  2. #102
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    I am sincerely really, really happy for you (and, selfishly, hope this means mine will ship, too). It's an interesting time we find ourselves in when we're overjoyed that a retailer actually fulfills an order for an item we bought from them via their own site/ordering process.

    Anxious to hear how it's packed/boxed and, above all, how awesome it is to finally have in hand.
    Thank you. I really hope everyone is able to get a hold of this without giving them too much anxiety. It is so sad that we have to worry for months, make second preorders, approve delays...it’s like life is a constant lottery these days.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Just curious... Did you get the delayed email last week? What date did you order it?
    I did get the delayed email(with no date). Only 20 minutes ago did Walmart tell me it was shipped. I found out through the FedEx app and my Walmart order still says delayed. Who knows what’s going on with them. It’ll be here Saturday, though

    I ordered it the second it was available.

  3. #103
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Attention He-People!! I have news from afar!!! My Castle Grayskull has shipped from Walmart!

    I know, I know...I canít believe it either. Itís like manna from Heaven. I was sure it was getting canceled.

    I hope everyone gets their Grayskull soon. Iím rooting for you!

    Of course, itís FedEx so, itíll most likely be destroyed. Good thing I have one coming from BBTS as well.
    Good for you!

    I didn't cancel my preorder yet, although the news of cancellations had me preordering from BBTS and Entertainment Earth. I'll probably cancel EE if Walmart actually comes through and the box isn't trashed. If the box is trashed, I'll just return it in store. I kinda want two anyways. I'd like to paint one because from the pics it looks like a great sculpt. But the paint job is so-so.

  4. #104
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Good for you!

    I didn't cancel my preorder yet, although the news of cancellations had me preordering from BBTS and Entertainment Earth. I'll probably cancel EE if Walmart actually comes through and the box isn't trashed. If the box is trashed, I'll just return it in store. I kinda want two anyways. I'd like to paint one because from the pics it looks like a great sculpt. But the paint job is so-so.
    I’m really glad I ordered 2. If the Walmart one is trashed , I’ll customize it (I wanted to do that anyway but, they forced me into it by worrying me to death!)

    Wait...maybe that was the plan all along?! Make us buy 2 out of fear of cancellation or damage.

  5. #105
    Court Magician Jeremiah2849's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    41
    Got my Grayskull from Walmart today. I was one of the many whose preorder was delayed, but it arrived today in its own shipping box straight from Mattel. Walmart just slapped a shipping label on it and sent it over. Box was in perfect shape.

  6. #106
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah2849 View Post
    Got my Grayskull from Walmart today. I was one of the many whose preorder was delayed, but it arrived today in its own shipping box straight from Mattel. Walmart just slapped a shipping label on it and sent it over. Box was in perfect shape.
    Congrats! Thatís awesome that it arrived safe and sound. Out of curiosity, was it shipped FedEx?

  7. #107
    Heroic Warrior Gog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    94
    I cannot believe it but mine have shipped as well - FedEx confirms en route as of about 3 AM PT today from Chino CA. I ordered two on October 9 of 2020, got the same delay email everyone else got recently and now both show as scheduled to arrive May 4. Absolutely a mystery to me why some canceled and why these are now arriving well ahead of the communicated delay but feel like I finally caught a break in the Origins collecting drama.

  8. #108
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    I cannot believe it but mine have shipped as well - FedEx confirms en route as of about 3 AM PT today from Chino CA. I ordered two on October 9 of 2020, got the same delay email everyone else got recently and now both show as scheduled to arrive May 4. Absolutely a mystery to me why some canceled and why these are now arriving well ahead of the communicated delay but feel like I finally caught a break in the Origins collecting drama.
    I ordered mine Oct 10 just after midnight. Fingers crossed mine ships soon. That's great news that they are coming in shipping
    Boxes. At least some.

    ***edit*** my order went in on 10/9 around 11:30pm.
    Last edited by jibernish; April 29, 2021 at 02:07pm. Reason: misinformation

  9. #109
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,102
    I never got an email of cancellation yet, my delay email said to expect it by May 28th. Nothing since, hopefully I'll get it soon since others are!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  10. #110
    Widget
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    15
    I pre-ordered 2 Castles from Walmart on October 9, but both of mine were cancelled. I also have BBTS as my back-up.
    I don't understand their cancellation process, unless it is connected to regional distribution centers/warehouses.

    A similar thing happened when I ordered the GI Joe Retro FANG. I made two separate orders on the same day (each order were 2 FANGS each), but Walmart cancelled one of those orders and fulfilled the other. In that situation I was okay with only having 2 of the new FANGS because I am disappointed with the newer design and the pilot--so they saved me some money.

    Good luck for those that show shipment pending, or those who have not received a cancellation message. May your castles arrive in good condition, and the boxes be in near "on-shelf condition."

  11. #111
    Heroic Warrior ToxicShlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    127
    Just got my Grayskulls today, one was scheduled to arrive and the other was marked for delay until Aug?
    However both were ordered at same time, and luckily got here pretty safe and sound.

    One has sort of a dent marking, but checking it over now seems to be good to go.

    Here is an image of the boxes, how they arrived if interested:
    https://i.imgur.com/qI1BKVS.jpg

  12. #112
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,102
    This is getting me all excited now. All the cancellations had me nervous but now I'm thinking about how it would feel to just wake up one day to find Grayskull unexpectedly sitting on my front porch.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  13. #113
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    I cannot believe it but mine have shipped as well - FedEx confirms en route as of about 3 AM PT today from Chino CA. I ordered two on October 9 of 2020, got the same delay email everyone else got recently and now both show as scheduled to arrive May 4. Absolutely a mystery to me why some canceled and why these are now arriving well ahead of the communicated delay but feel like I finally caught a break in the Origins collecting drama.
    Glad to hear! Weird though, I live 15 minutes from Chino but, mine is shipping from Georgia. Lol. Inventory management is definitely not their forte.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    This is getting me all excited now. All the cancellations had me nervous but now I'm thinking about how it would feel to just wake up one day to find Grayskull unexpectedly sitting on my front porch.
    I have had Walmart cancel items only to have them show up 2 days later. Itís frustrating and glorious.

  14. #114
    Court Magician Jeremiah2849's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Congrats! Thatís awesome that it arrived safe and sound. Out of curiosity, was it shipped FedEx?
    Yes, it was.

  15. #115
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    5,154
    Huh, whattayaknow, the two I ordered have shipped or had a label created as well.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  16. #116
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    4,457
    Wow crazy! I thought everyone would have one by now, I got mine in January from Walmart

  17. #117
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,102
    I just got an email from Wal-Mart saying that my Grayskull shipped and should arrive on Monday! Whoooooo!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  18. #118
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I just got an email from Wal-Mart saying that my Grayskull shipped and should arrive on Monday! Whoooooo!
    What date did you order? Did you get the delayed email last week?

  19. #119
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    What date did you order? Did you get the delayed email last week?
    I did get that email, it said to expect it by May 27th so I'm VERY pleasantly surprised that it's on the way already!

    I ordered it on October 9th, some time in the late-afternoon early-evening.

    I thought for sure they'd cancel mine since other people had that happen. So relieved, but also sad for others less fortunate. Hopefully everyone gets theirs soon, either from Wal-Mart or BBTS.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  20. #120
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    373

    Snagged a Castle Grayskull at Walmart today!

    I canít believe I found one in-store. I made a special trip to a Walmart about 30 minutes away from home today in an effort to find a Marvel Retro Daredevil figure. To be honest, nothing MOTU related was even on my mind. I managed to find a few Marvel Retros just thrown on a shelf. No Daredevil. As a last minute thought, I went to the Origins section only find the usual 20 Skeletor and 20 He-Man figures. Scanned to lower shelf... nothing. Only AEW Wresting rings and Battlecats. Decided to do the rest of my shopping and headed back to electronics first. As Iím standing at the end cap of DVDs, about to leave the area, 2 ladies came out of the back with carts full of boxes. Still looking for Marvel Retros, I decided to scan the boxes as the walked by. On the bottom, I see a shipping box labeled, ďMasters of the Universe Castle GrayskullĒ. The top was open and I could tell it was empty. Hmmmm... I made a B-line back to the Origins toys... nothing. Once again, back to the rest of my shopping. As Iím doing so, I find myself back near the toy section. I decide to take one last look for stuff. This time Iím coming in from the opposite direction. I spot another pile of Marvel Retros nowhere near where they should be in a different aisle. Still no Daredevil, I walk all the way to the other end of the aisle. Iím about to pass by the next aisle on my way to the Origins section, only to look down and see the MOTU Mega Construx stuff and down on the very bottom... The Origins Castle!!! Iím not sure if anyone else here found one in the Construx section and reported it. If so, I completely missed it. If not for those misplaced Retros (and spotting the empty shipping box), I probably wouldnít have found it. Iím going to open this thing up now. Hopefully itís all intact and I can cancel my Walmart.com preorder lol. Makes me wonder if one was available at the closest Walmart to me when I was there yesterday and I just didnít notice.

  21. #121
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    1,365
    I ordered on the 9th, too. Maybe mine is coming shortly....

  22. #122
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    373
    Laid out all the parts just like in the instruction book. Everything is there and nothing seems damaged. So far, so good

    - - - Updated - - -

    Turned out well! The stickers were a bit of a pain, though. I think the Sorceressís legs are a bit rickety. If I push one leg toward the other, they both move. Iím going to blow dry them a bit and see if that helps any.

    Question: Does anyone elseís Sorceress seem to have like a blush on her checks and bridge of her nose? Almost like a freckle pattern that a lot of people have. Iím not sure if this was on purpose or if maybe some of the spray on her lips got underneath the mask and made it onto her cheeks and nose. Either way, itís a nice touch lol.

  23. #123
    Heroic Warrior Brasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Grove, NY
    Posts
    986
    Curious as to how many here are going to buy 2? One to open and one to keep in the box. Also I found a grayskull today at my local toy shop for the low price of $200
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

  24. #124
    Heroic Warrior Gog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Curious as to how many here are going to buy 2? One to open and one to keep in the box. Also I found a grayskull today at my local toy shop for the low price of $200
    I did. So far, that's how I've collected the entire line. Everything is just too playable to leave boxed for me. The only item I've been satisfied to keep as single is the flocked Panthor (I prefer the unflocked and am satisfied to have only that one open).

    Two Grayskulls does feel kinda excessive (and I was wondering even today if I should have just been happy to open and display the box separately) but, for me, collecting like this fulfills that childhood wish when we saw those shelves and pegs packed with figures and sets and wondered how it would feel to have it all. I don't plan to sell either set so eventually I guess this'll be my kids' problem. As the line grows (assuming it goes on for a bit) not sure I'll be able to keep up but it's already a great group of toys.

  25. #125
    Widget
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    I canít believe I found one in-store. I made a special trip to a Walmart about 30 minutes away from home today in an effort to find a Marvel Retro Daredevil figure. To be honest, nothing MOTU related was even on my mind. I managed to find a few Marvel Retros just thrown on a shelf. No Daredevil. As a last minute thought, I went to the Origins section only find the usual 20 Skeletor and 20 He-Man figures. Scanned to lower shelf... nothing. Only AEW Wresting rings and Battlecats. Decided to do the rest of my shopping and headed back to electronics first. As Iím standing at the end cap of DVDs, about to leave the area, 2 ladies came out of the back with carts full of boxes. Still looking for Marvel Retros, I decided to scan the boxes as the walked by. On the bottom, I see a shipping box labeled, ďMasters of the Universe Castle GrayskullĒ. The top was open and I could tell it was empty. Hmmmm... I made a B-line back to the Origins toys... nothing. Once again, back to the rest of my shopping. As Iím doing so, I find myself back near the toy section. I decide to take one last look for stuff. This time Iím coming in from the opposite direction. I spot another pile of Marvel Retros nowhere near where they should be in a different aisle. Still no Daredevil, I walk all the way to the other end of the aisle. Iím about to pass by the next aisle on my way to the Origins section, only to look down and see the MOTU Mega Construx stuff and down on the very bottom... The Origins Castle!!! Iím not sure if anyone else here found one in the Construx section and reported it. If so, I completely missed it. If not for those misplaced Retros (and spotting the empty shipping box), I probably wouldnít have found it. Iím going to open this thing up now. Hopefully itís all intact and I can cancel my Walmart.com preorder lol. Makes me wonder if one was available at the closest Walmart to me when I was there yesterday and I just didnít notice.
    That was about my experience today getting one. Got the delayed email, then a week later the cancellation notice. Was out Joe hunting this evening and wander down the Hot Wheel aisle and there she lay pretty as you please. As a bonus when I got home Walmart emailed me a $10.00 credit for the Grayskull cancellation.
    I'm a widget.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •