Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Megalopolis Toys! (What is currently going on with them?)

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior Night Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,157
    >$750k in gross sales, 1.7 million in losses
    >Claims losses were from "infrastructure growth"
    >Produces expenditure report showing very little investment in infrastructure
    >Executives receiving salaries in excess of business loans taken out to keep company solvent
    >Blame lack of solvency not on internal mismanagement, but on "bureaucracy and stagnant old guard that existed in the hierarchy of the toy world"

    The CEO of "PremiumMegalopolisDNA" still drives a 5 Series BMW, so somebody's getting paid; it's just not any of the people they owe money or merchandise to. Unfortunately, things like this will cause Entertainment Earth to raise their prices to cover the lawsuit, which could drag on for years and result in no monies being awarded to them, so in the end it's always the consumer that gets screwed when guys like this larp as businessmen.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,102
    I guess I was lucky with my Dec order from them. But they still never sent my mythic legions arm replacement. The new guy chris at fhm actually got me it and he read every email between me and mega.

    They just sent me a email on thier battle toads. Man, I have no connection with that toyline, but they look incredible. Just not sure I can fork that much money and them switching names due to getting out of irs and lawsuits makes me extremely reluctant.

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,678
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I guess I was lucky with my Dec order from them. But they still never sent my mythic legions arm replacement. The new guy chris at fhm actually got me it and he read every email between me and mega.

    They just sent me a email on thier battle toads. Man, I have no connection with that toyline, but they look incredible. Just not sure I can fork that much money and them switching names due to getting out of irs and lawsuits makes me extremely reluctant.
    DO.NOT.GIVE.THEM.MONEY.

    yeah the battletoad figures LOOK nice... but will we actually ever see them or a 2nd wave that would be needed to complete the toads?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    >$750k in gross sales, 1.7 million in losses
    >Claims losses were from "infrastructure growth"
    >Produces expenditure report showing very little investment in infrastructure
    >Executives receiving salaries in excess of business loans taken out to keep company solvent
    >Blame lack of solvency not on internal mismanagement, but on "bureaucracy and stagnant old guard that existed in the hierarchy of the toy world"

    The CEO of "PremiumMegalopolisDNA" still drives a 5 Series BMW, so somebody's getting paid; it's just not any of the people they owe money or merchandise to. Unfortunately, things like this will cause Entertainment Earth to raise their prices to cover the lawsuit, which could drag on for years and result in no monies being awarded to them, so in the end it's always the consumer that gets screwed when guys like this larp as businessmen.
    larp as businessen lol
    cogito ergo doleo

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,102
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    DO.NOT.GIVE.THEM.MONEY.

    yeah the battletoad figures LOOK nice... but will we actually ever see them or a 2nd wave that would be needed to complete the toads?

    - - - Updated - - -



    larp as businessen lol
    I hear you. I'd love to know what happened with these guys. Thought they had a good thing going with the points and glad and I never invested in them.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  5. #55
    Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,702
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I hear you. I'd love to know what happened with these guys. Thought they had a good thing going with the points and glad and I never invested in them.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    These a-holes STILL owe me almost $200 in refund from a September 2020 order and a promise to refund made on April 24, 2021.

    It would be worth paying the airfare to fly to Colorado to beat it out of them.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

  6. #56
    Mer-Man Repaint Stinkor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    These a-holes STILL owe me almost $200 in refund from a September 2020 order and a promise to refund made on April 24, 2021.

    It would be worth paying the airfare to fly to Colorado to beat it out of them.
    Your best bet may be to call your credit card company and try to reverse the charges. Offer to forward the email you received promising a refund.

  7. #57
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    44
    Well, they have actually been posting updates for madballs and barnyard commandos on their Twitter and Facebook. They posted a video talking about the delays and estimated arrival.
    I'll be shocked if these actually show up to everyone who ordered them.
    Even if they manage to come through on these preorder items it doesn't make up for all the customers who got shafted on instock megalopolis orders. But it will be a step in the right direction.

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior Iluvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    924
    Reminds me of what happened to Dreamwave Productions.

  9. #59
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    44
    Well, to my surprise my madballs showed up today!
    They are pretty amazing too. I'm glad that I was wrong since I wasn't able to get my order cancelled or the charge refunded through my bank. And I'm glad I didn't.
    Premium DNA actually filled the order through megalopolis. I can't say more than has already been said in regards to the whole fiasco that everyone has dealt with as far as megalopolis is concerned, but this is a good turn in the right direction, and I'm grateful that they didn't just cave in and give up.
    This is a great first impression for the premium DNA team and I hope them success in their future endeavors.
    I however still hope they try to rectify all the debts owed to megalopolis customers who still haven't had orders refunded.
    All I can say is it took 17 months to get my figures, and it was definitely worth the wait. Had they not have had so much trouble, I would have waited quietly, as I have done so for similar amounts of time with Super7.
    Great Job Premium DNA, thanks for not letting me down. I look forward to building my collection with more of your product in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    2,436
    I had them on preorder FOREVER lol, but I ended up cancelling them at the last minute when I got an email letting me know they were finally about to ship. After waiting so long I guess their novelty just wore out for me. They do look pretty good though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •