Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Megalopolis Toys! (What is currently going on with them?)

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Same. I was under the impression that they were exclusive to them. I would have done BBTS as well. I wonder how bad BBTS got screwed for these. I bet they had to pony up the dough for their orders as well.
    I'm sure they did, but at least they got wholesale prices. Interestingly enough, BBTS still has barnyard commandos and the trashn pumpkin available for pre-order. Madballs wave 1 is still listed as sold out.
    I think maybe they have no choice at this point but to assume premium dna will deliver product.

I talked to my bank, and I will have to file a claim with evidence of my purchase and lack of fulfillment to initiate a potential refund.

I understand megalopolis/premiumdna keeping things close to the chest right now with all the litigation. However, transparency, refunds, and honest updates on their issues would at least soften the damage to their reputation with their customer base. Though at this point I don't think it could save it.
    There's a good chance the amount of money taken from the customers for undelivered products far exceeds the debts owed to their partners.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    And kudos to the 4H for essentially being forced into becoming their own distributor practically overnight and somehow not bungling the thing.
    They were distributing their own stuff beforehand but got overwhelmed with one ML wave / sale. (I forget which one.) There was a period when it was taking weeks to send orders out and emails were being ignored. I think that was why they trialled Megalopolis. It actually worked pretty well.

I'm glad it's back in house though. Apart from that one dodgy period they've been pretty good, and it looks like they're making improvements to speed up the whole production / supply process. But they're still dreadful at answering emails.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Court Magician
    Just to see, I emailed BBTS's customer service. I asked them about the premium dna products they had for pre-order and if they actually expect them to arrive. This is the most relevant snippet from the reply.
    "As far as those Pre-orders, we haven't heard of them being affected at all at this point and do still have their shipments confirmed and they are all due to be arriving soon here per the manufacturer."

They didn't specify which products, I mentioned them all, and they didn't say anything in regards to mega ignoring their customers concerns.

Sounds like something is on it's way, though I can't be confident mega will actually fill orders. Maybe within the month we will find out.
    I noticed mega finally added the pre-order for neca's Gargoyles Goliath on their front page. First sign of life since neca announced their ultimates frankenstein's monster.

Sure, it's easy to put up new items for pre-order. The problem is, by now, they should have SOMETHING that has moved from Pre-Order to In Stock, and as best as I can see, there's nothing. If they actually planned on fulfilling their pre-orders, I would think they'd have something by now to ship out. All the other online toy stores do. I can't speak to the Premium DNA stuff - that might have a chance of actually happening. But I would absolutely tell anyone to steer clear of any item in their store they have for pre-order right now until there is some sort of verifiable proof that those orders are starting to be fulfilled.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Sure, it's easy to put up new items for pre-order. The problem is, by now, they should have SOMETHING that has moved from Pre-Order to In Stock, and as best as I can see, there's nothing. If they actually planned on fulfilling their pre-orders, I would think they'd have something by now to ship out.
    What's so bad is a ton of people purchased INSTOCK items and never received them. Mega was apparently counting stock from their wholesalers as in stock before they received it. The trouble really kicked in when their whosale partners stopped sending them stock due to unpaid tabs.

This is just what I have been hearing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Multi-Bot 2.0 View Post
    What's so bad is a ton of people purchased INSTOCK items and never received them. Mega was apparently counting stock from their wholesalers as in stock before they received it. The trouble really kicked in when their whosale partners stopped sending them stock due to unpaid tabs.

This is just what I have been hearing though.
    That sounds like a plausible explanation. It's unfortunate, but when you conduct business in that way, it's bound to catch up with you eventually. That might be why they aren't getting in new product that should be in stock at this point. No wholesaler is going to give you new stock if you haven't paid for the old stuff. Can't imagine how they can ever dig out of the hole they're in this way. It really is too bad, as I had hoped to make Megalopolis one of my go-to online shops at one point. Now they've completely lost my trust.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Court Magician
    Well, a few days ago they posted about madballs finally going into production, and started soliciting their Battletoads again.

https://m.facebook.com/premiumdna/

Going to the site today, I see now that it has no items up for sale. There appear to be some placeholder spots for items that have no description, but that's it. Is a shutdown of the site now imminent?

Court Magician
    I believe they are trying to pull a fast one and rebrand. It seems like they are abandoning the tarnished megalopolis brand, and shift completely to their Premium DNA brand.

It's a smart move, most don't realize it's the same people running it. Even the people commenting on their new facebook are excited about the reveals. I hope they don't plan on completely abandoning all the customers they still owe refunds and pre-orders to.

If it's one thing you can count on is the collector communities lack of forgiveness in being cheated. Many will make sure that bad reputation follows them wherever they go.

If they have been reading any of this I hope they have the decency to square their debts with the customer base. That can go along way in helping them rebuild trust and confidence. These long periods of silence followed by sketchy activity, and acting like everything is just peachy doesn't.

I believe they are trying to pull a fast one and rebrand. It seems like they are abandoning the tarnished megalopolis brand, and shift completely to their Premium DNA brand.

It's a smart move, most don't realize it's the same people running it. Even the people commenting on their new facebook are excited about the reveals. I hope they don't plan on completely abandoning all the customers they still owe refunds and pre-orders to.

If it's one thing you can count on is the collector communities lack of forgiveness in being cheated. Many will make sure that bad reputation follows them wherever they go.

If they have been reading any of this I hope they have the decency to square their debts with the customer base. That can go along way in helping them rebuild trust and confidence. These long periods of silence followed by sketchy activity, and acting like everything is just peachy doesn't.
    Yeah 0% chance Iíll be giving the. Any of my money, no matter what they call themselves now.
    cogito ergo doleo

Shocker Toys 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Shocker Toys 2.0
    Exactly what I was Thinking.
    cogito ergo doleo

Buyer beware of megalopolis

There is plenty of good proof here already, but please do yourself a favor from my own hard lesson learned - and never give money to Megalopolis.
    In the history of ordering from them 5 times I have received only one order, back in early May 2020. Looking back I should be very grateful I received those items.

Subsequent items ordered in June, July, Aug, Nov have never been received - and in the most successful examples only partially refunded.
    Almost all of my orders where "in stock", or "hot off the truck - in stock items", and in every example save the one success - they took my money, sat on it - and fought to keep it though had no shared plan to ever deliver the labeled in stock product.

I went into using them at all based on the Pixel Dan recommendation ads, otherwise I would have simply kept strong with BBTS (which I will never deviate again from). I was able to negotiate through customer service, then using company registered information CC'd one of the owners and spoke with him directly - he was very cool, frustrated, and remorseful and helped to get one of the examples fully refunded.

I sometimes have to learn the hard way twice, and put in one last clearance/instock super7 MOTU item with them near the end of last year, and only just now got some of that money back with no product in hand.

Do no give your money to Megalopolis, they do not actually have product in hand to sell you.

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry to hear that but, I guess I don't understand the logic of giving them multiple opportunities to screw you over.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicShlock View Post
    There is plenty of good proof here already, but please do yourself a favor from my own hard lesson learned - and never give money to Megalopolis.
    In the history of ordering from them 5 times I have received only one order, back in early May 2020. Looking back I should be very grateful I received those items.

Subsequent items ordered in June, July, Aug, Nov have never been received - and in the most successful examples only partially refunded.
    Almost all of my orders where "in stock", or "hot off the truck - in stock items", and in every example save the one success - they took my money, sat on it - and fought to keep it though had no shared plan to ever deliver the labeled in stock product.

I went into using them at all based on the Pixel Dan recommendation ads, otherwise I would have simply kept strong with BBTS (which I will never deviate again from). I was able to negotiate through customer service, then using company registered information CC'd one of the owners and spoke with him directly - he was very cool, frustrated, and remorseful and helped to get one of the examples fully refunded.

I sometimes have to learn the hard way twice, and put in one last clearance/instock super7 MOTU item with them near the end of last year, and only just now got some of that money back with no product in hand.

Do no give your money to Megalopolis, they do not actually have product in hand to sell you.
    Wow. You gave them way way too many chances. After all that and having to talk with the owner you still placed an order?id have ran away as quickly as possibly.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Wow. You gave them way way too many chances. After all that and having to talk with the owner you still placed an order?id have ran away as quickly as possibly.
    that last round was after speaking with the owner and getting some resolution in order, then ordered 2 MOTU super7 items at clearance (in stock) prices - I do learn over time (sometimes slowly!)....it completely nose dived just like all others.

My hope is that my mistakes help others save some coin - megalopolis is still taking folks money and not supplying product, no idea on how that is legally not been checked and shut down by authorities yet.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, most people aren't going to repeatedly order from someplace once they've gotten burned, it's just common sense.

I probably won't order from them again after reading all this, but I have placed a few orders in the past and have never had any issues. I have one preorder which I emailed them about and I got a response within 24 hours. I guess I have been one of the lucky ones lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicShlock View Post
    that last round was after speaking with the owner and getting some resolution in order, then ordered 2 MOTU super7 items at clearance (in stock) prices - I do learn over time (sometimes slowly!)....it completely nose dived just like all others.

My hope is that my mistakes help others save some coin - megalopolis is still taking folks money and not supplying product, no idea on how that is legally not been checked and shut down by authorities yet.
    Yeah. Itís crazy people are still giving them money or that with a huge lawsuit they still can take peoples money.
    cogito ergo doleo

Court Magician
    Huh, interesting turn of events. Mega finally started updating their store front. Looks like they plan on ditching the retail game for some sort of industry news site. The only stuff they have for sale is apparel of their brand.
    Looks like they plan to keep premium dna separate for their own Collector products.
    Sounds like a nail in the coffin for anyone getting their orders or refunds fulfilled to me.

You can read their statement here.
    https://megalopolis.toys/pages/about-megalopolis

Huh, interesting turn of events. Mega finally started updating their store front. Looks like they plan on ditching the retail game for some sort of industry news site. The only stuff they have for sale is apparel of their brand.
    Looks like they plan to keep premium dna separate for their own Collector products.
    Sounds like a nail in the coffin for anyone getting their orders or refunds fulfilled to me.

Oof, there is a ton to unpack in their statement... none of it good.
    cogito ergo doleo

Here's the statement:

MEGALOPOLIS: CITY OF COLLECTIBLES

In 2017, Megalopolis launched into the world of online collectibles with lofty goals and a creative vision that was intended to change the way collectors shop and engage with each other online.

What we failed to anticipate was the bureaucracy and stagnant old guard that existed in the hierarchy of the toy world, and its unwillingness to embrace any change to the status quo.

Despite massive growth and success, Megalopolis strayed from its original vision in order to work within the confines of the system as it exists, only to find there were those they trusted that would still make attempts to see them run out of business entirely.

As Megalopolis weathered this storm, we had to ask ourselves what we wanted to accomplish, and who we wanted to be. Did we simply want to rebuild with new vendors, and keep playing the same game? Or did we want to remember what brought us to the dance in the first place: a passion for creativity and a desire to elevate the hobby.

The decision was clear. As such, Megalopolis is going back to its roots to create something entirely new and different. The new Megalopolis will focus on the independent creators and voices in the world of toys and collectibles. The heart and soul of creative passion.

There will be content and coverage of independent toy makers, featuring everything from interviews about the realities of the business to information on where to purchase, updates on kickstarter projects, etc. We will also bring content regarding both online and brick and mortar (independent) retailers to introduce them to a broader audience.
    There will also be interactive media including games, comics, videos and more.

Megalopolis is no longer content to wait on the world to change. It intends to use its platform and voice to join with those that are already changing it themselves.
    PREMIUM DNA

In early 2020, members of the Megalopolis Creative team, having grown frustrated with the limitations of merely retailing others' products, formed a new entity focused on creating action figures based on niche retro toy and video game properties. This new company was styled "Premium DNA Toys."

The decision was made to co-brand with Megalopolis initially due to Megalopolis being an established multi-million dollar global brand. Moving forward, the 2 brands will continue to operate independently, with Megalopolis offering real time updates on Premium DNA properties.

The Premium DNA team is an art collective, bringing together the very best industry talent in design, sculpture, prototype making, paint and more. These Independent creators will be introducing exciting new products from numerous licenses through 2021 and onward!

Wow! The balls on these guys. Where's the apology to all the people they screwed over?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Here's the statement:

Wow! The balls on these guys. Where's the apology to all the people they screwed over?
    No no no, THEY didn't screw people over it was "the bureaucracy and stagnant old guard that existed in the hierarchy of the toy world".

Geez, they can't even admit they were wrong or made bad choices.
    cogito ergo doleo

This is a great write up of the situation.

https://creationedge.medium.com/the-...c-f6e2e041c14a
    cogito ergo doleo

Ya, that stagnant old guard will get you every time.