Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is the Worst Ebay Experience You've Ever Had?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Sorry man I'm one of these guys, but many people will give me a better deal.
    Ebay seems to encourage it I noticed. I've done it a few times myself with some success.

I shipped an item inside a box that previously held a large bottle of vitamins.

The buyer just demanded a refund, asking why I sent her a box of vitamins.

She hadn't bothered looking inside the box before asking for said refund...
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I shipped an item inside a box that previously held a large bottle of vitamins.

The buyer just demanded a refund, asking why I sent her a box of vitamins.

She hadn't bothered looking inside the box before asking for said refund...
    That sounds about right.

I'm selling A PART of an item on ebay right now. It says in the title, the description, and shows what's included in the photos. However, because I know the idiocy, I always message after someone has bought an item like this and confirm that they realize they are only buying the part advertised. 2/10 times, I'd say, they say, "Oh, I thought it was for the actual item," or some variation of that. Then I refund them.

It's as bad or worse as guys messaging me asking what kind of deal I can give them, despite it stating that I don't do deals or offers in the description.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Ebay seems to encourage it I noticed. I've done it a few times myself with some success.
    This gives me more reason to ignore messages asking for special deals.

- - - Updated - - -

I've had several sellers wait a week to ship. Maybe that's not a big deal to some, but in today's world, is slow to move/ship. I always ship that day or the next when someone buys something from me (which is the practice of most sellers now).

Heroic Warrior
    my vote is switching to this new managed payments system.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

So this is pretty annoying.

Looking for a DC Direct Ed McGuinness-style Hal Jordan Green Lantern from the "JLA Classified Classics" line. Apparently, it's somewhat rare or at least doesn't turn up very often. Ordered one last week on eBay, like $32 after shipping and taxes, no problem... two days or so later, the seller sends me a refund notice saying that the order was cancelled because of "damage".

Figure okay, this happens; hop on and order another one from who I assume to be a different seller - although it's interesting that the cost after tax and shipping was exactly the same down to the penny. This one ships out, and then today I get a message from this seller saying that he refunded my money because FedEx lost the package.

And of course, right now there aren't any more eBay listings for this figure. I'm sure it'll turn up again, but this is annoying and somehow I'm not convinced that it's all a big coincidence.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

I had several packages lost with no option to claim since it was from a trsuted seller I've purchased several times, but in those packages I had these kind of figures:
    _SW Kenner Boba Fett
    _G.I.Joe ARAH Major Storm
    _G.I.Joe ARAH Updraft
    _DCUC Atom
    _DCUC Cobra
    _DCUC Mary Marvel
    _DCUC Blue Devil
    _DCUC Samurai
    _DCUC Mantis
    _DCUC Beware The Batman
    _DCUC Golden Pharao
    _DCUC Tyr

And I still miss them in my collections
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread