Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW IMAGE: CGI He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Action Figures/Series

NEW IMAGE: CGI He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Action Figures/Series

Currently watching Mattel's Analyst Meeting and there's some MOTU goodness! *Shaking*

Last edited by Tallstar; February 24, 2021 at 02:09pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Widget
    Not sure what to make of the style yet. But I am just happy to see something! Nice to see that he doesn't look like a 12 year old boy. Looks exciting! Looks powerful. Looks heroic.

Cool! This looks like something that could be popular with kids these days.

He-Man historian
    Thank you again for once again being vigilant, Tallstar!
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm liking the designs of both
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

How are you watching it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There will be a replay here: https://investors.mattel.com/events-presentations

I couldn't keep up with screenshots/information, so it's probably best y'all watch the whole thing...lol

I don't hate the look of that and I'm glad they didn't go overboard redesigning He-Man. Looking forward to seeing more!

It’s fine but not nearly as great as Filmation.

Heroic Warrior
    That Battlecat, especially, is giving me some 200x vibes...
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

It feels like 200x turns into cgi.

Thanks Tallstar when I see a post from you , my expectation changes 100%.

I like the design in of itself, but I hope the proportions are less exaggerated in the show proper. His legs look so tiny.

I absolutely love it!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Widget

Ohh

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Currently watching Mattel's Analyst Meeting and there's some MOTU goodness! *Shaking* (Image below. Must be logged in to see it.)

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...0&d=1614184458

Attachment 125070
    I dig it. Nothing beats the classic sword, but I really do enjoy versions like this one as well. I am looking forward to seeing what this show has to offer!

First impression of He-Man and Battle Cat is that I love them. It's not what I was expecting, but I'm pleasantly surprised. When I take into account that the same studio that's doing this made Trollhunters (a show I couldn't get enough of), looking at these two it does make sense and you can see design-wise that there'd be cross-over potential between the two series. I love the shape of He-Man... the big square jaw... he looks adult and powerful. As far as the outfit, the H and M on the harness is probably my favorite part (it's hard to get too excited about pants on He-Man, but it doesn't look awful)... but overall, it's his head and the new Power Sword that really stand out. You take one look and know that this is He-Man, but it's new and fresh and not just a rehash of the old. I can't believe how much I'm getting 200X vibes from Battle Cat here. Is there more?
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

I can't wait to see Evil-Lyn!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Widget
    Masters of Ugliness !!!
    They would have done better to hire the 4 horsemen...

That was the only thing I saw related to the GGI series. I was busy doing something else during the presentation, while also trying to take screenshots and remember what they were saying. So, I missed parts of it and eventually gave up somewhere close to the end of the meeting. There were MOTU clips/images in various parts of the slideshow. (Most of which we've seen) They also showed the Kevin Smith video about Bear Mccreary. There was something else related to Revelation near the end that I didn't completely catch.

Yeah...no thanks. The typical overdesign that seems to be common these days.

In a way I'm actually relieved. This way I can concentrate funding for Origins and Classics.

200x intensifies...

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    200x intensifies...
    It's funny, because I can hear the 200X theme music in my head when I look at this image. That's not an insult, btw!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

I hope the storytelling is good at least. The over designing especially for Battle Cat is atrocious IMHO. At least I my wallet will catch a break as I can’t see myself collecting this particular MOTU line, just as well as I’m all in on the Origins line.
    Regardless of my feelings on the design, I hope there’s enough that like it that this line does well and the cartoon is worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    I hope the storytelling is good at least. The over designing especially for Battle Cat is atrocious IMHO. At least I my wallet will catch a break as I can’t see myself collecting this particular MOTU line, just as well as I’m all in on the Origins line.
    Regardless of my feelings on the design, I hope there’s enough that like it that this line does well and the cartoon is worth watching.
    I don't get these overdependent complaint. He-Man's design is pretty simple.

Battle cat maybe a bit overdesigned but he looks pretty badass.

Cool! thank you for sharing
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."