Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man: No Way Home

Spider-Man: No Way Home

So now we have official confirmation for the title of the next MCU Spidey flick.

Speculation has been flying all over the place... including rumors that both Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield will reprise their roles as Spider-Men, as well as Jamie Fox and Alfred Molina reprising their roles as Electro and Doc Ock, respectively.

Could "No Way Home" refer to Spidey trying to escape some form of the multi-verse?

Are the events happening at the end of "Far From Home" occurring in a different reality??

Is the moon made of Green Cheese???
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    So now we have official confirmation for the title of the next MCU Spidey flick.

https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...smnwh_card.jpg

Speculation has been flying all over the place... including rumors that both Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield will reprise their roles as Spider-Men, as well as Jamie Fox and Alfred Molina reprising their roles as Electro and Doc Ock, respectively.

Could "No Way Home" refer to Spidey trying to escape some form of the multi-verse?

Are the events happening at the end of "Far From Home" occurring in a different reality??

Is the moon made of Green Cheese???
    I wish Hobgoblin was in the movie.

Heroic Warrior
    Hoping for a Nicholas Hammond appearance.

Right now I just hope they don't overdo the multiverse aspect.

If they aren't careful the run the problem that your average viewer has in general 'too much continuity.'
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    I just hope they move beyond high school now. I have enjoyed this Spiderman in the other MCU movies, but not so much in his own movies. In general, I prefer the stories of adult Peter as told in the Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield movies.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Right now I just hope they don't overdo the multiverse aspect.

If they aren't careful the run the problem that your average viewer has in general 'too much continuity.'
    Yeah, Marvel Studios needs to be careful... they are opening a can of worms with the Multiverse angle. It can quickly become so convoluted, confusing and not enjoyable for the casual viewer.

Marvel comics opened this door years ago, and IMO they have not handled most of it well. Plus, in both the comics and the MCU, this becomes a convenient way of retconning anything that doesn't work (or to bring people back from the dead...)

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I just hope they move beyond high school now. I have enjoyed this Spiderman in the other MCU movies, but not so much in his own movies. In general, I prefer the stories of adult Peter as told in the Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield movies.
    I don't mind the high school angle that much... of course, I was a huge fan of the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, so this seems like a fun throwback to those days.

Eventually, Peter is going to have to grow up. Especially if he is to become a major part of the MCU...

There was even a rumour of getting Willem Dafoe back, which would be awesome (as long as he would get a better mask...)

Especially with Spider-man, he's already had a movie touch on the topic. The writer's etc have seemed to have missed the general mark on him as a character. He's more of a street level hero, who can go cosmic, or metaphysical/magical, or international. That's what makes him special is the fact while he can be those things he should only be those from time to time.

We just had Into the Spider-verse which while great, we don't need a live action version of it. If they want the next movie to work they need to stop trying to make him like other superheroes. With that said they could use this as an opportunity (if done right) to separate him, use the idea from Spider-verse to get him to come into his own being.

It could be much like what Filoni did with Ahsoka, intended this way in the long run.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    I知 looking forward to the movie. As much as I知 huge fan of the mcu I always going in with an open mind. I don稚 just assume I知 going to love it just because I知 a marvel fan. I think it痴 stupid to do so. Me my partner and son always debrief on the movie and talk about what we loved liked disliked etc. Me and my son are fans of the source material the films draw from where my partner doesn稚 read comics etc so only has a knowledge of what goes on on the screen and a limited knowledge. So they are a good judge of what works for the general non reader.
    The Tom Holland Spider-Man movies are my fave iterations followed by the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies. I have my reservations about the multiverse and it being too complicated but the other movies have been handled well so I知 hopeful.

This is just a guess on my part but I'm thinking that during the movie Tom Holland's character will travel to these other universes but only for brief periods of time. Maguire, Garfield, and the others will only have brief cameo roles (probably action sequences) as Peter (Holland) is attempting to get back to his universe. But that's just a guess based off what little I know so far.

Let me also say that, when it comes to guessing what's going to happen in a movie before it comes out, I stink.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Yeah, Marvel Studios needs to be careful... they are opening a can of worms with the Multiverse angle. It can quickly become so convoluted, confusing and not enjoyable for the casual viewer.

Marvel comics opened this door years ago, and IMO they have not handled most of it well. Plus, in both the comics and the MCU, this becomes a convenient way of retconning anything that doesn't work (or to bring people back from the dead...)

I don't mind the high school angle that much... of course, I was a huge fan of the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, so this seems like a fun throwback to those days.

Eventually, Peter is going to have to grow up. Especially if he is to become a major part of the MCU...
    I think the high school setting worked for MCU Spidey, because the other big screen versions of him glossed over that aspect of the character, and thus making the bigger emphasis on that kind of stuff seem fresh when the MCU did it. It also helped that it was something that differentiated him from the other MCU heroes. I think he might also move on sooner rather than later, with Ms Marvel/Kamala Khan now being around to essentially fill the same niche in a lot of ways.

Excited to see it.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I think the high school setting worked for MCU Spidey, because the other big screen versions of him glossed over that aspect of the character, and thus making the bigger emphasis on that kind of stuff seem fresh when the MCU did it. It also helped that it was something that differentiated him from the other MCU heroes. I think he might also move on sooner rather than later, with Ms Marvel/Kamala Khan now being around to essentially fill the same niche in a lot of ways.
    It also allows him to grow into adult hood, which is a form of character development. While I was down on his being in Tony's shadow earlier I do think that was something they intended. As he comes into adulthood this will become more apparent to him. Heroes are great as we go into adult hood, but at some point we have to realize we become the hero in a matter of speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Yeah, I'm totally stoked about the Ms. Marvel series coming to Disney +... Kamala is one of the best characters to have been introduced to the Marvel pantheon in a long, long time.

She definitely fills the "high school" void if Peter and company move on... and, who knows, maybe a certain other high school kid will also fill in the role? Maybe someone by the name of Miles Morales?

Yeah, I'm totally stoked about the Ms. Marvel series coming to Disney +... Kamala is one of the best characters to have been introduced to the Marvel pantheon in a long, long time.

She definitely fills the "high school" void if Peter and company move on... and, who knows, maybe a certain other high school kid will also fill in the role? Maybe someone by the name of Miles Morales?
    The only real problem I've ever had with Miles and Kamala is all the failed attempts at repeating their success, that came after them (eg Riri Williams), but that's less a problem with the character themselves and more an issue with other writers missing what made them work and I am eagerly awaiting their MCU appearances.

The coolest thing about Kamala Khan is the fact that she doesn't need any other Marvel hero / villain to show up on her show.

Her entire origin story, as told through her first series of books, would be the perfect blueprint for a miniseries on Disney +... and, really, the only "guest" star that I would kill to see would be Brie Larson's Captain Marvel.

When Kamala first gets her powers from the Terrigen Mist, she cannot control them and ends up morphing her body into an identical copy of Captain (Ms.) Marvel.

Otherwise, I hope Disney lets her stay a teenager and dealing with teenage problems/drama (and some street level crimes) before they throw her head-long into the world of Marvel Heroes and Super-Villains...

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Whoa!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    What an amazing trailer.

Was I just... Rickrolled?

Was I just... Rickrolled?

Yep.......

New Hasbro Spider-Man: No Way Home figures are spoiler-worthy...

Hmm, it seems Spidey is the new Iron Man... debuting a new suit with each new movie. Lame.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Ugh. Iron Spider-Man. It's sad when Spider-Man is the least interesting character in the wave.

I wish he'd go back to the red and blue.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

New trailer is up!!

Heroic Warrior
    Just seen the trailer. This is my fave incarnation of Spider-Man. Marvel got it perfect. I am not a fan of the tobey maguire trilogy, my partners fave version was Andrew Garfield and sons the Tom Holland version. I知 excited to see the original bad guys back as for me they were the best part of those films. Looking forward to seeing what this film has to offer.

I'm ready for this one and based on the trailer it looks like it's going to be great!
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."