Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man: No Way Home

Heroic Warrior
    Looking forward to this one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    If Hammond is not getting the call I don't think he will either....

That would be cool though and he could bring his Mecha....

Heroic Warrior
    Sony has confirmed they will be working with marvel to make at least three more Spider-Man movies after no way home. This pleases me

Hot Toys No Way Home Spidey:

I'm going back and forth on this one... I have the HT Homecoming version, and that's the one I prefer because it's the iconic blue and red.

I'm just not a big fan of the black and red costume...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got my IMAX tickets for Saturday 12/18/21 as soon as they became available for sale. Iím looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully this movie will help wash the bad feelings I have for the Amazing Spider-Man villains (Electro and The Lizard).
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    Sony has confirmed they will be working with marvel to make at least three more Spider-Man movies after no way home. This pleases me
    Hollywood Reporter says there are no 'firm plans'

- - - Updated - - -

The film's entire soundtrack has leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    The film's entire soundtrack has leaked.
    As long as it has this classic James Brown track:

Heroic Warrior
    It has a little bit of the Elfman score on track 19, and the scores for Ock and Gobby are in there too.

Heroic Warrior
    I've seen the film. A good time had by all. No surprises if you followed every leak, but for those who didn't, get ready for one of the better park rides from the MCU.

Holland is surprisingly decent here, he's not the clown, he's not Tony Jr, he lives and breathes pure Peter Parker, making mistakes, paying the price, allows doubt to creep in, before ultimately striving to do better. Zedaya also finally plays the part of MJ faithfully for once.

Heroic Warrior
    Tickets booked for tonight. My 12yo is super excited, I am as well. My son is hoping that the end credits scene is miles morales crashing through a portal and stuck in this universe. Being mixed race he loves miles

Yeah... we're all set for Sunday.

I'm getting pretty excited... in fact, I haven't been this excited for a Spidey flick since Raimi's Spider-Man 2.

And, if all else fails, at least I know I won't be rolling my eyes as hard as I did when Spider-Man was forcibly jammed into Civil War...

We saw it tonight. It was pretty Amazing! We all loved it!

Heroic Warrior
    Me my son and partner saw it last night and it was everything we wanted and more. Itís definitely an emotional rollercoaster of a movie and probably one of my personal favourite mcu movies. It certainly did not disappoint and Iím glad I steered clear of spoilers

This movie was perfect. Just absolutely perfect.
    cogito ergo doleo

Saw it, and loved it
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Saw it, thought it was great.

Not sure I like the look of the home made suit at the end though. It just looks like the Raimi/ASM2 suits

I saw it and wow, really great. I had a lot spoiled for me and it was still a delight to watch.

I had one big complaint that pertains to the MCU more than this movie, but

did they HAVE to have Norman say Oscorp doesn't exist in the MCU? Granted, he may have just been lying, or it just doesn't exist "yet," or Multiverse magic will change this, but it bummed me out because it would've been plenty easy to acknowledge it without having to feature it in the plot of this particular movie. It was like anti-world building for the MCU, they went out of their way to erase it there. At least Norman was less clear about MCU's Norman or Harry, so maybe they can show up still. While I thought before I wanted a unique MCU Norman, I'd love it if Dafoe can return as the MCU's Norman (with a different, younger Harry obviously) just like JK Simmons is JJJ. That way Holland's Parker will have to deal with seeing this guy who only he knows killed Aunt May, only he won't have the other Peters to pull him away from that vengeful darkness he started to indulge (and that the Venom symbiote might well want to exploit if it can make its way to him).
    Last edited by gbagok; December 18, 2021 at 05:50pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I saw it and wow, really great. I had a lot spoiled for me and it was still a delight to watch.

I had one big complaint that pertains to the MCU more than this movie, but

I'm not too upset by that specifically, but rather what it may represent for the long-term big picture... what is the future of Spider-Man in the MCU?

While Disney and Sony have been working together, and I want to see that continue for as long as possible, remember right after Far From Home came out (which ended on a then-unresolved cliffhanger... which No Way Home now resolves), there was a lot of back and forth in the news that the deal had expired and they were having issues renewing, etc.

At the end of the day, regardless of what we as fans want, from Sony's perspective, if they can maintain a certain level of quality (which their track record on their own shows they usually can't... but it doesn't mean their heads won't get too big again), it is in their best interests to do as much as they can on their own and keep all of the money from it.

And for anyone who is going to reference the recent statement by Amy Pascal about there being more Spider-Man movies tied with the MCU, I highly recommend watching this video which points out the full quote of what she said. At one point she catches herself mid-sentence fro almost saying something she shouldn't, never finishes that sentence, and continues on. Most places reporting on her statement omitted that sentence fragment, likely because it made for odd reading, but without looking into the potential meaning behind it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqGzCJGwcnk

Given that both studios are still fundamentally and primarily businesses at the end of the day, they are each going to be most interested in their own respective bottom lines.... meaning that the relationship between them could end at any time once the terms of any existing contracts have been met.

So putting a huge Oscorp building right smack in the middle of the MCU's version of New York would not be something they would want to do if these deals are perpetually temporary and are never guaranteed to last forever.

And look no further than how this movie ended for potential evidence of this. NOBODY remembers/knows who Peter Parker is. If Sony and Disney don't renew any deals going forward, they now have a near perfect excuse as to not reference him ever again if it comes down to it.

To be clear, I LOVED this movie. I've seen it twice and overall I think it is fantastic. But the way it ended left me concerned about the future of Sony and Disney working together.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was pretty good. The pace was fast and I enjoyed the characters assembled (although some were a bit thin on motivation). The action was great and really liked the continuation of events within the MCU. I give it an 8 1/2 out of 10.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Master of New Adventures!
    Alex is taking his younger brother and sister to see it tonight. They're all soooooooo pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Spoilers
    I actually think they went out of their way to

keep Holland in the MCU with this movie despite a set up that looked poised to take him out of it. At the end, he could easily have had to sacrifice himself by not just being forgotten in the MCU, but also leaving it for dimensions unknown too (I swear I'd read one "leak" saying that would happen). Aunt May isn't there to miss him either way, while MJ and Ned appear to have "better" (largely unchanged) lives without him. The emotional fallout would’ve largely been the same. In some ways staying in the MCU dulls his sacrifice just a little because there’s room to hope (MJ’s necklace or Ned’s “magic”). It seems to me they set this up to be the end of Holland in the MCU and then changed it to keep him, but left most of the same plot in place so as not to impact the rest of their plans. Maybe a magician Ned would've recovered his and MJ's memories before they somehow follow Peter into the Multiverse for non-MCU exploits? It’ll be interesting to see how (or if) Multiverse of Madness addresses the events of this movie, but I bet the rest of the MCU won't have to say anything about this until the next time Holland returns. Holland himself is giving more more doubts about his future in the role than this movie did.

As far as Oscorp, does it NEED a giant building in NYC's skyline in order to exist in the MCU? I don't think so, but it'd be funny if that IS the whole reason Norman thought it didn't. What I'd love to see if Dafoe returned as MCU's Norman would be a flashback to this Norman visiting him at his penthouse, dubbing him a "stranger," and then seeing another, much younger actor, as Harry (I don't dislike the Chalamet casting suggestion, but I also suggest Austin Abrams who is the same age, has a similar look and delivery, probably wouldn't cost so much, and is even another co-star of Zendaya's, if that matters somehow), and this was why he was so crushed about his son because clearly the boy he raised absolutely doesn't exist here at all. But in general, I think they’d have no more trouble pretending an Oscorp building no longer exists than they would ignoring that the Daily Bugle existed since its just as prominent on the screens in this movie as anything like Oscorp would have been.

I'm surprised they didn't

call attention to JJJ looking like JK Simmons in several universes with different Peter Parkers. I wondered if that's a deleted scene with all the Peters.
    Last edited by gbagok; December 20, 2021 at 01:08pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Master of New Adventures!
    Our children all loved it.

I saw this with my family yesterday morning!

Overall, I really enjoyed it - even though there were many nits to pick, the finished product did its job well.

A few things:

- A LOT of this was already done in Into The Spider-Verse, which isn't a bad thing.
    - Marvel Studios back-peddling on their massive Civil War mistake by killing off May really didn't sit well with me... what happened to Ben? If Ben isn't a part of this Peter's universe, then Tony Stark truly did take his place - which is highly offensive (IMO.)
    - It was really cool seeing Matt Murdock (Netflix), Eddie Brock (Sony), and Wanda (Disney+) all make an appearance in this movie. BUT, now there are so many storylines crossing over each other, it's going to be a logistical nightmare to explain how all of this is going on within the same continuity.
    - The fights were spectacular! (pun intended) The bridge scene with Doc Ock, the apartment scene with Green Goblin, and the final battle at the statue of liberty (complete with shield!) are all really well choreographed.
    - This is a HUGE PEEVE of mine: Why? WHY does everybody CONTINUOUSLY remove their masks throughout the entire movie?!? This was a huge problem in the Infinity Saga as well... and really noticeable when watching it over.
    - What happens to Octavious, Conners, Marko, etc. when they "go home" cured?

I was really hoping that Holland was going to either disappear, die, or leave by the end of the movie and Miles Morales makes his MCU debut... or, Garfield somehow takes the place of Holland's Peter. Either situation would have been fine by me.

This is all I've got right now... there is a LOT to unpack in this one, so I'm sure I have other commentary coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I saw this with my family yesterday morning!

Overall, I really enjoyed it - even though there were many nits to pick, the finished product did its job well.

A few things:

This is all I've got right now... there is a LOT to unpack in this one, so I'm sure I have other commentary coming.

It's possible the villains were sent back to the present day of their own universes or started variant timelines

Heroic Warrior

-was expecting some kind of bit about the Jamesons being the same. Maybe even somekind of callback to his 'I trust my barber' line from the first Raimi SM. Since this Jameson is bald. I'd be surprised if there isnt a deleted scene with someone acknowledging that they're the same.
    -Got a kick out of the callback to Maguire's back issues during the filming of SM2.
    -Not a fan of those Garfield Spiderman movies but, he mightve been the best thing about the movie for me.