Thread: How to handle rare toy sale?

Heroic Warrior

How to handle rare toy sale?

I have a rare Thundercat toy that I donít care about and Iím not sure how to handle this.

Itís rare, so I can ask a decent amount, but I also want to help someone complete their collection.

Iíve been offered trade, but Iím looking to get rid of it because my daughters donít play with it, so Iíd want to trade it for something playable, not collectible. Or money.

How would you suggest I handle this?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Get an expert opinion on the value of the item, firstly. Maybe people here know, or maybe find a Thundercats forum somewhere. Once you know the market value, you can make an informed decision.

Widget
    what rare thundercat toy? it must be so rare you dont want to say, but its common knowledge of the toyline, but if i were you i would go for the sale. i would cash in before 3d printing or resin casting interferes with your profit margin.

Put it on eBay for a 10 day auction (start it Thursday night at a bid for $1).

Post about it here, and other places like Facebook, Reddit, etc...

You'll get the most bang for your buck, and it will go to someone who really needs it.

Let me know when/if you do and I'll help you promote it.

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    I have a rare Thundercat toy that I donít care about and Iím not sure how to handle this.

Itís rare, so I can ask a decent amount, but I also want to help someone complete their collection.

Iíve been offered trade, but Iím looking to get rid of it because my daughters donít play with it, so Iíd want to trade it for something playable, not collectible. Or money.

How would you suggest I handle this?
    If you're not looking for money just post what you have here. There are plenty of honest people that will give you a good idea of what it's worth and plenty of people with figures they can trade for you daughter to enjoy.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Also, checking previously sold ebay auctions is a decent way to judge market value. Ebay sales will tend to be higher than what you might see on forums or in some shops/ toy shows/ etc. but it ought to give you a benchmark.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks guys! Itís the Atlean Pit Monster? I think thatís what itís called. Itís the blue monster with red wings.

I thought about eBay, but I didnít want to pit collectors against each other and have them pay more out of competition.

I tried looking on eBay, but I only found two up with a Buy Now, one for $450 and for $600; I didnít see any bought.

I had two people reach out, the first offered $300 CDN, and the other $250 USD (Iím in AZ).

Iíll probably give it to the first guy, since he offered first. Itís hard to determine who ďdeservesĒ it more, so I feel like itís the more honorable thing to give it to the first guy.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

The Astral Moat Monster?

Depending on condition, a loose complete one can range from $200-$500
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    The Astral Moat Monster?

Depending on condition, a loose complete one can range from $200-$500