Thread: MOTU Origins He-Man's flying limbs (defective product or product defect?)

Widget

MOTU Origins He-Man's flying limbs (defective product or product defect?)

My two boys are in love with the MOTU origins figures. So far we have Skeletor, He-Man, Battle Cat, and Prince Adam/Sky Sled.

I’m letting the boys play with them as much as they like. Occasionally a toy will fall to the ground — fall from the height at which 3 and 4 year olds play, not smashed from a great height.

Whenever He-Man falls, his two arms pop out of their sockets. Often his waist separates from his torso, too. I know that these parts are designed to pop out given an sufficiently strong pull, but these literally pop out at the slightest impact. I’ve also noticed that his legs have lost their tightness, meaning when I mount him on Battle Cat, he’s wobbly and his legs splay to the extent that he’s almost doing the splits.

We have had the toy for six days.

Is my He-Man just defective or have others experienced this, too?
    Last edited by Hordak’s Emissary; February 28, 2021 at 06:10am.

Well it is bound to happen for a toy that can come apart as its play gimmick. Those connecting pins are designed in a smaller side. But what do I know?

Lets wait for members who knows better.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

My son played with he-man pretty hardcore at first. Ripping him apart and smashing him together again. The entire first series took this abuse and they are fine. If your skeletor has under gone the same treatment and is good I think I would return him for another.

Again my He-Man is solid and he took major abuse.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Finger nail clear coat or floor polish on the pegs should do the trick.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 4/17/2021

I keep an extra set of the Origins figures for my little niece to play with, and occasionally an arm pops off when she drops them. It pops right back into place and does not come off otherwise during play, so no harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I keep an extra set of the Origins figures for my little niece to play with, and occasionally an arm pops off when she drops them. It pops right back into place and does not come off otherwise during play, so no harm done.
    The arm pegs are under tension so the jolt knocks them loose that's normal with these types of pegs on any toy. The leg issues is that the legs just have a slit in them with the balls of the hips moving freely, so friction wears down the plastic a bit. Like mentioned earlier coat it with clear finger nail.polish and allow to set over night and they should be just fine.