Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Packaging Predictions

MOTU Origins Packaging Predictions

I have seen these spread throughout different threads but thought it would be cool to keep a running list of characters, vehicles and playsets that may be hinted to be forthcoming from existing packaging art.

I'm probably a bad one to kick it off as I do not know the deep lore but, in the latest retail wave in the US I can spot:
    Spydor -Mer-Man card
    Point Dread/Talon Fighter - Zodac card
    Kobra Khan (I think?) - Roboto card

I know there are a ton more (and some already realized from early waves). Anyone got a comprehensive list to start?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Horde Trooper - She-Ra card and Wave 4 mini comic
    Mantenna, Modulok, Leech, Grizzlor, Fright Zone - Hordak Card and She-Ra comic (Power Con exclusive)
    King Randor - Ninjor card
    Kobra Khan - Roboto
    Clawdeen, Kowl, Bow, Glimmer, Catra - She-Ra comic (Power Con exclusive)
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Hawke and "Evil/ First Appearance" Stratos (x2) on Strato's card.

MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 4/17/2021

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar

Eternia?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Hawke and "Evil/ First Appearance" Stratos (x2) on Strato's card.

https://i.imgur.com/sIbIdsq.jpg
    I don't have Stratos yet, but from the picture you've attached it appears that the Eternia playset is far off in the distance. Check out the upper right just below the text "high in the sky," and you will find three structures which deeply resemble the Grayskull, Central and Viper towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow View Post
    I don't have Stratos yet, but from the picture you've attached it appears that the Eternia playset is far off in the distance. Check out the upper right just below the text "high in the sky," and you will find three structures which deeply resemble the Grayskull, Central and Viper towers.
    Good catch. I'm not sure we'll see that set. I'd rather they get Snake Mountain and The Fright Zone out then maybe do the three tower as three separate play sets, just to keep costs down.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 4/17/2021

Roton and Faker with pink armor are shown on Ram Man's card, I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Roton and Faker with pink armor are shown on Ram Man's card, I believe
    Damn, I really hope Faker does not have pink/ magenta armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah! Found in on Toy Ark

It's really small but it's the best I could find. Hopefully the pink/magenta armor is just from the artist being told he could include Faker and not knowing the right color or him just liking the pink better.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 4/17/2021

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    It's really small but it's the best I could find. Hopefully the pink/magenta armor is just from the artist being told he could include Faker and not knowing the right color or him just liking the pink better.
    It's probably just a nod to the original cardback art for Faker, which also showed the pink armor.

In a similar vein, the Man-E-Faces packaging features the early minicomic "elderly" Randor and Marlena.

Damn, I really hope Faker does not have pink/ magenta armor.
    I hope he does - we've never gotten that version!

Court Magician
    Anybody else noticed Hordak/Prime above Team Keldor? Also, I wonder if Faker's potentially pink armour would be the same colour as Adam's sword, letting them use that again? I expect multiple versions of Faker, they'd be crazy not to.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sketchy Skeletor; March 2, 2021 at 08:30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy Skeletor View Post
    Anybody else noticed Hordak/Prime above Team Keldor? Also, I wonder if Faker's potentially pink armour would be the same colour as Adam's sword, letting them use that again? I expect multiple versions of Faker, they'd be crazy not to.
    I think it's Hordak. In 200X/MYP lore, Hordak was the one that turned melty-face Keldor into Skeletor at that temple. We also saw Kronis in those flashbacks. As a side note: that two pack is just insanely cool.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I hope he does - we've never gotten that version!
    So do I!!!!
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So do I!!!!
    Damn, Am I the only one that wants him to look like the vintage toy?
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 4/17/2021

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So do I!!!!
    Me three

They can always do a deluxe version with the orange armor at a later date with battle damaged head.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Porque no los dos?

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Porque no los dos?
    Maybe a second Faker with the pink/magenta weapons and armor, maybe with that one include the skirt armor, Havoc Staff and a Leo Toys head. I could live with one being "Lord" Faker, maybe in a two pack with King He-Man and a pack in comic detailing Faker's take over of Snake Mountain and the battle between his robot army and King He-Man's army.
    Last edited by Smitty.81; March 4, 2021 at 04:15pm.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 4/17/2021

Nothing wrong with that one, it's just that every single Faker in every line has come with the orange armour. It's high time for the magenta version to finally get its turn!

Maybe a second Faker with the pink/magenta weapons and armor, maybe with that one include the skirt armor, Havoc Staff and a Leo Toys head. I could live with one being "Lord" Faker, maybe in a two pack with King He-Man and a pick in comic detailing Faker's take over of Snake Mountain and the battle between his robot army and King He-Man's army.
    Great ideas. I'm all for variants - that's mostly what I want from the line. They should definitely do both.

Court Magician
    So, doesn't the Panthor card have "unproduced concept sketch rhino centaur looking guy?"
    Let's be generous and call that a prediction, because I'd love concept characters to be on the menu. I know 3 in particular that are on my "must have" list
    Let's see a Deluxe Dylamug in MOTU Origins!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamug View Post
    So, doesn't the Panthor card have "unproduced concept sketch rhino centaur looking guy?"
    Let's be generous and call that a prediction, because I'd love concept characters to be on the menu. I know 3 in particular that are on my "must have" list
    Another package had the Fuerza-T guys in shadow so make of stuff like that what you will.

Also take a look ay Man-at-Arms' art work and then the Land Shark.

You can see the shadow of the Land Shark in MAA's art then in the Land Shark art you see MAA, and the same flying beast and the same fiery craters.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 4/17/2021

I will await the New Adventures experts to shoot me down (and I know this is ORIGINS...) but I kind of hoped he would be a new version of Sagitar/Tharkus. I was "too old" for New Adventures figures when they were in stores (look at me now...) but always secretly really wanted that one.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Gog View Post
    and I know this is ORIGINS..
    We've already deviated from "vintage toyline only" territory with 200x Keldor, minicomics Green Goddess and the announcement that we're getting updated versions of Beast Man, Mer-man and Evil-lyn.
    While I expected vintage toyline to be the main life blood of origins (and lets be real, it is for EVERY He-man line), precedent is already set for expanding beyond that rigid roster.

Does that mean we'll definitely get NA characters? No. But I don't think you can fairly exclude them under some kind of "but they weren't in the vintage line" clause.
    Let's see a Deluxe Dylamug in MOTU Origins!

Another package had the Fuerza-T guys in shadow so make of stuff like that what you will.

Also take a look ay Man-at-Arms' art work and then the Land Shark.

https://www.he-man.org/img/misc/axel...rms-colors.jpg
    https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/...erverse-09.jpg

You can see the shadow of the Land Shark in MAA's art then in the Land Shark art you see MAA, and the same flying beast and the same fiery craters.
    I love all this amazing artwork!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

We've already deviated from "vintage toyline only" territory with 200x Keldor, minicomics Green Goddess and the announcement that we're getting updated versions of Beast Man, Mer-man and Evil-lyn.
    While I expected vintage toyline to be the main life blood of origins (and lets be real, it is for EVERY He-man line), precedent is already set for expanding beyond that rigid roster.

Does that mean we'll definitely get NA characters? No. But I don't think you can fairly exclude them under some kind of "but they weren't in the vintage line" clause.
    Don't forget Man-at-Arm's mustache.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 4/17/2021

Court Magician
    Geek Dad Life on YouTube did an interview with one of the guys who worked on the Grayskull box art, sounded like the zombie skeleton warriors were happening eventually.

If I was Mattel I'd make that a deluxe with three different heads and a bunch of weapons, then just sell the same figure over and over again.