Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: William Stout, Julie Bell & more: Mars Exhibition and Panel Discussion

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    230

    William Stout, Julie Bell & more: Mars Exhibition and Panel Discussion

    Hello everyone,

    I work for a non-profit organization called the California Art Club and some amazing artists are members like William Stout, Julie Bell, Boris Vallejo, James Gurney and many more. We have been working with NASA/JPL and many of our artists over the last 8 months to create an exhibition and series of programs in conjunction with the Mars Perseverance rover landing. I wanted to invite everyone to view the exhibition and enjoy the amazing art that Bill, Julie and others have in the show.

    Click here to visit the exhibition.

    In addition, this Saturday, March 13th at 11:00 am PT I will be facilitating a panel discussion on Zoom focusing on the relationship of art/artists and technology. William Stout will be a panelist along with John Callas of JPL(Jet Propulsion Laboratory) and astronomer Laura Danley. It should be a very interesting conversation. This panel costs $5 (a small price to pay) and I think (hope) it’s worth every penny.

    Click here for the event page for the panel discussion, if you are interested.

    Bill laughed when I told him I was going to post this here but, I thought there might be Stout fans that might be interested. Or art fans.

    PS...i’m still getting my sea legs with hosting online events so, bear with me and be kind

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior Neophron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,158
    Sea legs? What does that mean?
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Night Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Sea legs? What does that mean?

    "Getting sea legs" means someone is still learning something new to them. It's an old maritime saying. When you're new to being a sailor, it takes some time for your legs to adjust to walking around on a ship that is constantly moving with the waves.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    "Getting sea legs" means someone is still learning something new to them. It's an old maritime saying. When you're new to being a sailor, it takes some time for your legs to adjust to walking around on a ship that is constantly moving with the waves.
    Thanks, Night Stalker! Perfect definition. My dad was in the Navy and between him and my grandma, I have a lot of outdated phrases at my disposal. Lol

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Night Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Thanks, Night Stalker! Perfect definition. My dad was in the Navy and between him and my grandma, I have a lot of outdated phrases at my disposal. Lol
    Np! Tin can sailor here, myself. My whole persona can be summed up as "outdated maritime references"
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,302
    Some really beautiful art work.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Np! Tin can sailor here, myself. My whole persona can be summed up as "outdated maritime references"
    My father was Stationed on the aircraft carriers USS Hancock and USS Bennington during Vietnam. I spent many weekends in San Diego at or near the Naval base. I miss it.

    Thank you for your service Night Stalker!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Some really beautiful art work.
    Thank you! I will pass that on to all involved. Some of our artists really went out of their way! I love Julie bell and Boris Vallejo’s work.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Thank you! I will pass that on to all involved. Some of our artists really went out of their way! I love Julie bell and Boris Vallejoís work.
    I am a fan of their work and have some of their books.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I am a fan of their work and have some of their books.
    I have The Ultimate Collection book and I love it. Julie is awesome, Iíve spoken with her a couple times and itís always a pleasure!

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I have The Ultimate Collection book and I love it. Julie is awesome, Iíve spoken with her a couple times and itís always a pleasure!
    I did a painting a few years ago that was quite inspired by Julie's work.

    I have two of Julie's books, one of Boris' and their joint book Titans.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I did a painting a few years ago that was quite inspired by Julie's work.
    I would love to see it! Do you have it up online anywhere?

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I would love to see it! Do you have it up online anywhere?
    Here it is Glasstor.
    http://markmoore-art.blogspot.com/20...questroid.html

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Wow! These are great! You Sir, have some real talent. The horse would look great on my wall!
    Your details are amazing. Like in the Jaguar painting and the lighthouse one. Also, I love the Hall of Omens! I need to read some Thundercats fan fiction.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Wow! These are great! You Sir, have some real talent. The horse would look great on my wall!
    Your details are amazing. Like in the Jaguar painting and the lighthouse one. Also, I love the Hall of Omens! I need to read some Thundercats fan fiction.
    Thank you very much. I mostly just do landscapes and portraits, but I like doing other fantasy pieces now and then. The Thundercats commissions were a lot of fun. Although aside from the text describing the building I haven't reant any fan fiction.

    If you really want the horse for your wall it's still for sale LOL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •