Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 126 to 149 of 149

Thread: NECA Gargoyles

  1. #126
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,669
    Broadway gonna take a lot of plastic.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  2. #127
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,076
    Cool Xanatos 1/7 scale bust from Diamond Select. I havenít seen this one yet so, I thought I would share it in here. Iím hoping we get characters like this in the Neca line, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #128
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    11,128
    Neca is teasing MacBeth:

    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  4. #129
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    And just like that I heard the bagpipes.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  5. #130
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,076
    Loving this NECA stop motion commercial for Hudson!

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClHtM...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

  6. #131
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Loving this NECA stop motion commercial for Hudson!

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClHtM...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    They are awesome.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Beast Kingdom's Gargoyles look pretty cool.
    https://news.toyark.com/2022/11/22/b...dah-034-489460

  7. #132
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    They are awesome.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Beast Kingdom's Gargoyles look pretty cool.
    https://news.toyark.com/2022/11/22/b...dah-034-489460
    I saw those today. Light up eye function! Looks great but, over $100!!! Yikes!

    Iím surprised these are releasing at the same time as the Neca

  8. #133
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I saw those today. Light up eye function! Looks great but, over $100!!! Yikes!

    Iím surprised these are releasing at the same time as the Neca
    It's pretty cool if you want more a cartoon accurate version (although he feels a little skinny to me..), but 105.00 for a pretty basic 8" figure?

  9. #134
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I saw those today. Light up eye function! Looks great but, over $100!!! Yikes!

    Iím surprised these are releasing at the same time as the Neca
    It's definitely a too expensive.
    There is some things about the figure I like more than the NECA version but overall I prefer the NECA figures and the NECA version is definitely better value.

  10. #135
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,076
    Hudson dropped into my Pile of Loot at BBTSÖfinally! This line is slow moving and Iím a little disappointed by the upcoming figure selection for next year. Donít get me wrong, I actually want them all but, I would have rather had a couple more humans to give us those folded wings we were promised. Thereís only one figure next year that ďmightĒ come with folded wings. I wonder if they killed this idea? I hope not, otherwise, space will surely be an issue for many collectors.

  11. #136
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    11,128
    Elisa and Xanatos:







    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  12. #137
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,527
    Wow, Angela's got a figure up for preorder now too!



    As great as it is to see so many of these characters, what the heck happened to Lexington?! They showed him way back in Feb 22 yet he still doesn't have a preorder while so many others now do. I didn't expect that honestly, did I miss a special offer? Coldstone, Xanatos's Steel Clan variant (red chassis), and MacBeth seem to be next which is already a dream line up to have in plastic, but it's all incomplete without Lexington.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  13. #138
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Wow, Angela's got a figure up for preorder now too!

    https://www.toyark.com/wp-content/up...-Angela-11.jpg

    As great as it is to see so many of these characters, what the heck happened to Lexington?! They showed him way back in Feb 22 yet he still doesn't have a preorder while so many others now do. I didn't expect that honestly, did I miss a special offer? Coldstone, Xanatos's Steel Clan variant (red chassis), and MacBeth seem to be next which is already a dream line up to have in plastic, but it's all incomplete without Lexington.
    Iím surprised we havenít seen the Lexington preorder yet. My assumption is that everyone was complaining about not getting folded wings so, the moved the human figs up to get us some. Plus, they probably want to encourage people to get them all and, once they put out Lexington, a lot of people will probably stop collecting the line. Just a guess.

    Iím in it for the long haul so, Iím trying to be patient

  14. #139
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I’m surprised we haven’t seen the Lexington preorder yet. My assumption is that everyone was complaining about not getting folded wings so, the moved the human figs up to get us some. Plus, they probably want to encourage people to get them all and, once they put out Lexington, a lot of people will probably stop collecting the line. Just a guess.

    I’m in it for the long haul so, I’m trying to be patient
    Probably so (and I am too), though you'd think Lexington, being smaller, would be an opportunity for wing pack-ins anyway. As far as the drop off fear, I'm sure that's very real. NECA has basically already announced what I'd call the essentials and even gone beyond! Anything now is dreamland surprise territory. They could start the Pack, Iago and Desdemona with their Coldsteel and Coldfire forms, Oberon, Puck, and Titania, the Archmage, Eye of Odin Goliath, human Demona, the Hunters, or the clans around the world, there's no limit to great toys here but I never imagined us getting beyond the main clan (really didn't think we'd get to the humans or even Angela, though I'd hoped).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  15. #140
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Probably so (and I am too), though you'd think Lexington, being smaller, would be an opportunity for wing pack-ins anyway. As far as the drop off fear, I'm sure that's very real. NECA has basically already announced what I'd call the essentials and even gone beyond! Anything now is dreamland surprise territory. They could start the Pack, Iago and Desdemona with their Coldsteel and Coldfire forms, Oberon, Puck, and Titania, the Archmage, Eye of Odin Goliath, human Demona, the Hunters, or the clans around the world, there's no limit to great toys here but I never imagined us getting beyond the main clan (really didn't think we'd get to the humans or even Angela, though I'd hoped).
    It seems that the line is selling pretty well(as opposed to the D&D ultimates that feel doa at the moment with no more announcements). I really hope they go deep with the figures and give us tons of different characters.

    It is all icing on the cake now(at least, once we get Lexington). And youíre right, they should at least give us some folded wings with Lexington to catch up.

  16. #141
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    It seems that the line is selling pretty well(as opposed to the D&D ultimates that feel doa at the moment with no more announcements). I really hope they go deep with the figures and give us tons of different characters.

    It is all icing on the cake now(at least, once we get Lexington). And youíre right, they should at least give us some folded wings with Lexington to catch up.
    Hmm, too bad for DnD. I did get Warduke but his figure is not very good looking IMO and I thought the other guy looked dumb. Would've loved figures like Kelek and Ringleune, but I'd particularly want Dragonlance characters like Raistlin and Caramon, Kitiara, Verminaard, Strum Brightblade, Goldmoon, and Lord Soth.

    I'm hopeful for Gargoyles but again they've already exceeded the roster I thought we'd get apart from holding back on Lexington. IDK how well random Gargoyles that reuse parts (some of the Castle Wyvern clan who guest starred in the pilot) would sell but I hope this is at least as long-reaching a line as Aliens and Predator have been.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  17. #142
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,299
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Hmm, too bad for DnD. I did get Warduke but his figure is not very good looking IMO and I thought the other guy looked dumb. Would've loved figures like Kelek and Ringleune, but I'd particularly want Dragonlance characters like Raistlin and Caramon, Kitiara, Verminaard, Strum Brightblade, Goldmoon, and Lord Soth.

    I'm hopeful for Gargoyles but again they've already exceeded the roster I thought we'd get apart from holding back on Lexington. IDK how well random Gargoyles that reuse parts (some of the Castle Wyvern clan who guest starred in the pilot) would sell but I hope this is at least as long-reaching a line as Aliens and Predator have been.
    Zarak and strongheart are up for preorder now. Having ran wild beyond the witchlight, and reading other players comments are their runs I would say 75-90% of players have no clue who they are.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  18. #143
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,076
    Video game deco Goliath is available to preorder now. I think Iím passing on this one since I never played the game but, this release does show that Neca CAN add both sets of wings for the same price. Jerks. Lol

  19. #144
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,076
    Felt like forever but, Brooklyn and Broadway finally came in. Now give me Lexington already.

  20. #145
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,527
    I've been rewatching the show on Disney+ recently. I really forgot how broken up original viewing was back in the days of syndication and appointment TV. I recall truly losing track of it during the World Tour arc. What stands out to me now is how much it very much had a 70s-90s comic book feel. Also I never noticed that Xanatos reads like he's on the spectrum (and is very much the Tony Stark meets Elon Musk rich villain archetype). So far they're only making characters with many appearances but, a lot of the one-offs would make great figures. I def did not love everyone like the Mutates/Labyrinth Clan who felt too much like TMNT characters to me (and I found Talon/Derek Maza insufferable), or the Pack who felt like GI Joe villains punching above their weight class (then became incredible to me as characters at all when they got their self-mutilating upgrades), but I admit the one-off Anubis/Jackal combo would be a great figure. And I for sure want the powered up Archmage (my favorite villain), Coldsteel/Iago and Coldfire/Desdemona in their gargoyle forms, Griff, Nokkar, Armored Thailog and at least Delilah. Not to be greedy though, because once they include Lexington, anything else will be gravy (Coldsteel, the Steel Clan, and MacBeth are already above what I expected). Owen and Matt Bluestone don't seem like gotta-have figures though, so IDK what they can do for the "smaller figures" after a while. Maybe the extra wings in place of more accessories is going to have to become the norm .

    I usually have no interest in the game variants NECA does, but I admit that Goliath buck just looks great every time I see it, and he kinda looks like a stone version (which doesn't make a lot of sense as an action figure variant but I do feel like that's got to be coming).

    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Video game deco Goliath is available to preorder now. I think I¬’m passing on this one since I never played the game but, this release does show that Neca CAN add both sets of wings for the same price. Jerks. Lol
    Well to be fair the extra wings comes at the expense of most other accessories, and no alternate hands seems like it would've been a big loss for the first release of Goliath. I wonder now whose folded wings will come with MacBeth (guess: Hudson). Lexington will have to come with another pair, but that leaves one more figure that needs to happen to give us the last set of folded wings. Maybe Fox with Angela's wings if Lex has Broadway's? Fox would be the first figure from NECA who never had a toy back in the 90s, I think (not counting how inaccurate the costumes were on the human figures in the vintage Gargoyle line).

    EDIT: wait, I guess Thailog wasn't a figure before, and he did get an original head so that has to count.
    Last edited by gbagok; May 6, 2023 at 05:02pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  21. #146
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

    Well to be fair the extra wings comes at the expense of most other accessories, and no alternate hands seems like it would've been a big loss for the first release of Goliath. I wonder now whose folded wings will come with MacBeth (guess: Hudson). And I wonder what figures could come with the other two. Technically I think NECA has so far only made characters who did get action figures back in the day though, so anyone else will be getting their fist figure. Fox with Angela's wings maybe?
    Good point. Not having the extras with Goliath would have been a sin. I hope they can keep the line going long enough to get a few more sets of wings- I imagine we will get them all eventually since there are only a couple left. I have a feeling we are in for a lot of variants as opposed to deep cut characters or one-offs. I do like the game version of Goliath so, eventually, Iíll probably grab one. Lol.

  22. #147
    Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Jersey (the new one)
    Posts
    4,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I have a feeling we are in for a lot of variants as opposed to deep cut characters or one-offs.
    I'd be okay with NECA repainting the rest of the gargoyles into the Clone Clan as long as they included Delilah. And it probably wouldn't take much to sell me on "stone" versions of everyone.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

    Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

    XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

  23. #148
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Good point. Not having the extras with Goliath would have been a sin. I hope they can keep the line going long enough to get a few more sets of wings- I imagine we will get them all eventually since there are only a couple left. I have a feeling we are in for a lot of variants as opposed to deep cut characters or one-offs. I do like the game version of Goliath so, eventually, I’ll probably grab one. Lol.
    IMO Coldstone and MacBeth are already deep cuts, so anything feels possible now. I guess they did have figures back in the day, although I don't recall seeing them in stores. Agreed variants are a sure thing (clones, stone, etc), but that's got a limited appeal as well. The beauty of characters like Gabriel, Ophelia, and Boudicca from Avalon (or Ishimura and Mayan Clans) is they could reuse existing gargoyle parts with about as much new tooling as Thailog took and still be something "new." That assumes there are customers who want anything beyond the core team and ways to get their folded wings. Granted, I think Coldsteel/Iago, Coldfire/Desdemona, and Griff were the most memorable non-regular Gargoyles, but they also all had unique wing designs.

    EDIT: All this time I thought Angella did get a figure from Kenner, but just looking it up I see she didn't! She's still a key character though, far from obscure, so it's not like NECA's clearly about to make Owen Burnette or the New Olympians, but it does feel like the line could go further than I expected for the first year when it was only offering a preorder for Goliath.
    Last edited by gbagok; May 8, 2023 at 04:41pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  24. #149
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,076
    Lexington is available for preorder (September) on BBTS. He’s got flexible wings! I didn’t realize that! Very intriguing and hopefully they are durable enough to last.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •