Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 149

Thread: NECA Gargoyles

  1. #101
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,528
    I think I missed something. Are Demona and Bronx exclusives and that's why they're not on sale online before Hudson?
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  2. #102
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,302
    Might be going down the rabbit hole with the others that have been released or on preorder
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  3. #103
    Heroic Warrior Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I think I missed something. Are Demona and Bronx exclusives and that's why they're not on sale online before Hudson?
    I know sheís part of a fake hype thing called Haulathon where certain figures are target only for a month or two like ash and the wolfman. Not sure on Bronx though. With the way sheís showing up broken for people you may wanna wait anyway to see if Neca addresses the issue of her broken wings.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

  4. #104
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    With the way sheís showing up broken for people you may wanna wait anyway to see if Neca addresses the issue of her broken wings.
    That sucks, especially for those that have been buying her for eBay prices!

    Iíll wait and hope to get her for retail or close to it.

  5. #105
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    11,144
    Quote Originally Posted by racer x View Post
    That sucks, especially for those that have been buying her for eBay prices!

    Iíll wait and hope to get her for retail or close to it.
    I think you might be safe waiting too...

    I didn't initially pull the trigger on Goliath, nor did I go to eBay when people started getting him in the mail.

    Now, I can't walk into a Target without tripping over him. Hopefully, this is a similar trend with all of them...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  6. #106
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,098
    I havenít been able to find either figure yet(or any haul-a-thon figures). None of the 5 targets near me have even heard of it or received anything new from Neca although, 1 store had a bunch of Thailogs but, Iím eternally waiting for my BBTS preorder so I passed. Given the problems with Demona, I guess I can wait. Would love to find Bronx.

  7. #107
    Friend of fox Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    2,576
    Do someone know why Demona is not avaiable internationally through Haulathon? What is the restriction?
    It is ridiculous! It's like collecting MOTU and there's a restriction to purchase Skeletor
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders

    My feedback thread

  8. #108
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Do someone know why Demona is not avaiable internationally through Haulathon? What is the restriction?
    It is ridiculous! It's like collecting MOTU and there's a restriction to purchase Skeletor
    I saw someone mention that Neca might not have the license to sell Gargoyles outside the US(or maybe North America). I donít know if thatís true or not but, maybe thatís the reason?

    Itís totally ridiculous but, a lot of us canít find them in the US either. Lol

  9. #109
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Jake and Elwood's Neighbor
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I saw someone mention that Neca might not have the license to sell Gargoyles outside the US(or maybe North America). I donít know if thatís true or not but, maybe thatís the reason?
    It is true.


    https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...09080807202823

  10. #110
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Thanks, Bonehead! Maybe international collectors can order off of Big Bad Toy Store or another US based retailer(that ships worldwide) when they eventually put these 2 up for preorder.

  11. #111
    Friend of fox Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Sorry, but that's not true since Goliath, Thailog and Bronx were available internationally as well as upcoming figures in pre-order. Bronx was even available to purchase internationally through Haulathon site and I didn't get it as I'm not sure if I'd like to pay a demential price for Demona if I'm going to miss it
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders

    My feedback thread

  12. #112
    Heroic Warrior felgekarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Sheffield, UK.
    Posts
    1,704
    I haven't seen any of these figures available from any UK retailer. I was under the impression that we weren't getting them and would have to order them from somewhere like BBTS.

  13. #113
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Jake and Elwood's Neighbor
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Sorry, but that's not true since Goliath, Thailog and Bronx were available internationally as well as upcoming figures in pre-order. Bronx was even available to purchase internationally through Haulathon site and I didn't get it as I'm not sure if I'd like to pay a demential price for Demona if I'm going to miss it
    Sorry but I'm only reposting what NECA said themselves right out of their own mouth...and showing proof. They claim they are US exclusives due to Disney's overseas licenses that may cover Gargoyles. Randy mentioned it back when Goliath was announced. He said that they were looking into finding a way to get them to everyone like they have done with the Toon TMNT stuff. They got around Target by selling them direct on their website. Maybe they found a loophole to get around this Disney fiasco?

    What stores carried them if so? I have international friends that would like to know so they can get them also.
    Last edited by Bonehead; April 6, 2022 at 07:50pm.

  14. #114
    Friend of fox Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Sorry but I'm only reposting what NECA said themselves right out of their own mouth...and showing proof. They claim they are US exclusives due to Disney's overseas licenses that may cover Gargoyles. Randy mentioned it back when Goliath was announced. He said that they were looking into finding a way to get them to everyone like they have done with the Toon TMNT stuff. They got around Target by selling them direct on their website. Maybe they found a loophole to get around this Disney fiasco?

    What stores carried them if so? I have international friends that would like to know so they can get them also.
    I know, but all seems to be fishy. BBTS & Entertainment Earth handle preorders for Goliath, Thailog, Hudson & Brooklyn and they have avialble international shipping. Haulathon site (pretty much NECA direct sales) had international shipping for Bronx while it briefly lasted available.
    Only one with restrictions have been Demona.

    This is why sometimes I prefer Super 7, they are not top quality but NECA is not much better and they have upped their prices, and S7 at least have no restricted issues with their lines as NECA impose with TMNT and now Gargoyles.

    It is difficult to comprenhend when now you have Gargoyles figures from Funko, Quantum Mechanix, Diamond Select and Kidrobot and none of them have restrictions to sold internationally... only NECA with their freaking Target Exclusives deals
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders

    My feedback thread

  15. #115
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I know, but all seems to be fishy. BBTS & Entertainment Earth handle preorders for Goliath, Thailog, Hudson & Brooklyn and they have avialble international shipping. Haulathon site (pretty much NECA direct sales) had international shipping for Bronx while it briefly lasted available.
    Only one with restrictions have been Demona.
    I’ve been checking the haulathon(or, costumes.com?) every friday and I never saw Bronx on there but, I suppose I could have missed it. Does seem weird if they indeed sold Bronx internationally but not Demona. Licensing across borders is a boggling thing

  16. #116
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,098
    I still canít believe it but, I just found Demona at Target! According to the worker, she just put them out. Now if they would only get more Bronx figures!

    I say this a lot but, itís really nice to find something I'm looking for out in the wild.

  17. #117
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I still canít believe it but, I just found Demona at Target! According to the worker, she just put them out. Now if they would only get more Bronx figures!

    I say this a lot but, itís really nice to find something I'm looking for out in the wild.
    It is, but it's so unreliable these days. Seems like the only way you can find stuff in the wild is to be there when the store is just putting them out.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  18. #118
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    11,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    It is, but it's so unreliable these days. Seems like the only way you can find stuff in the wild is to be there when the store is just putting them out.
    Yep... the days of actually walking out of a store with goodies you hoped to obtain are long gone.

    I remember when I was a kid and going to Sears or Montgomery Ward with my mom almost always ended in me taking home a new ThunderCat, MotU, or G.I.Joe figure.

    Then, there was the almighty mall experience... Sam Goody, Musicland, Spencers, Kay Bee, Circus World, Borders, Electronics Boutique, etc. that guaranteed you would not be leaving empty-handed.

    Truly magical experiences of days gone by...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  19. #119
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    It is, but it's so unreliable these days. Seems like the only way you can find stuff in the wild is to be there when the store is just putting them out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yep... the days of actually walking out of a store with goodies you hoped to obtain are long gone.

    I remember when I was a kid and going to Sears or Montgomery Ward with my mom almost always ended in me taking home a new ThunderCat, MotU, or G.I.Joe figure.

    Then, there was the almighty mall experience... Sam Goody, Musicland, Spencers, Kay Bee, Circus World, Borders, Electronics Boutique, etc. that guaranteed you would not be leaving empty-handed.

    Truly magical experiences of days gone by...
    It’s sad that I get so excited to see product on the shelves.

    I remember all those stores...vividly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    BBTS has Demona up for preorder now- expected in June:

    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/203476

    - - - Updated - - -

    FYI, BBTS(and others, I assume) has Bronx up for preorder now with a June date.

    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/181891

  20. #120
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,669
    He looks good.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  21. #121
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    He looks good.
    He really does! I canít wait to have all of them together!

    At least now I can stop driving to target for a while. Lol.

  22. #122
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    11,144
    Bronx and Hudson look fantastic!

    Once I have them, along with Demona, I'll be good with this line...

    I never had an intention on collecting the whole gang, and I'm just super stoked that these all have come in such short succession.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  23. #123
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Bronx and Hudson look fantastic!

    Once I have them, along with Demona, I'll be good with this line...

    I never had an intention on collecting the whole gang, and I'm just super stoked that these all have come in such short succession.
    Once I have the main characters, I might have to rethink continuing due to space but, itís definitely one of my favorite cartoons. At least itís more or less a finite line- there are only so many characters that would make sense to produce.

  24. #124
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Bronx and Hudson look fantastic!

    Once I have them, along with Demona, I'll be good with this line...

    I never had an intention on collecting the whole gang, and I'm just super stoked that these all have come in such short succession.
    Have to have the whole base cast for myself. Maybe MacBeth if he has a removable trenchcoat. But definitely Lex. He needs better representation after that lame card standee they made for him.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  25. #125
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,528
    Really glad Demona and Bronx are up for sale now. Lexington was revealed next, so can't wait for him too and of course Broadway. I hope they'll do Angela, Cold Stone, and a Steel Clan robot at least after these, but, even if they stop with Broadway, it will still be a great run.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •