Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 53

Thread: Motu micro collection mini figs 2021 wave 1

  1. #26
    Heroic Master of Stuff Cammor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    755
    Needed to get some birthday cards from the $$$ Tree. They had everyone except for He-Man. These are great for board game pieces or office desk trinkets.

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Great find! I really love these micro figures and the detail is surprisingly good! I broke down and bought a case on their website. I decided I will give the rest out as gifts or party favors


    Oh, and if you need something to read, hereís the thread on these:

    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...gs-2021-wave-1

    Someone in Mexico found a boxed set of these with window packaging. Iím hoping to find those too


    So I am on vacation in Merida, Mexico and today we took a ride downtown to the mall. There was a small toy store there so we went in to check it out. At the very front on a big endcap was a beautiful sight. They had all the deluxe figures hanging there as full as could be. Also two shelves of Land Sharks and Castle Grayskulls, and on another shelf there sat these...

    Attachment 126168

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    So I am on vacation in Merida, Mexico and today we took a ride downtown to the mall. There was a small toy store there so we went in to check it out. At the very front on a big endcap was a beautiful sight. They had all the deluxe figures hanging there as full as could be. Also two shelves of Land Sharks and Castle Grayskulls, and on another shelf there sat these...

    Attachment 126168
    Ahhhh! Iím so jealous! Buy me one! Lol

    That means you also get to buy some different card backs right? Was that darker skinned Clamp Champ there?

    Have a wonderful time!

  4. #29
    Heroic Warrior Brasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Grove, NY
    Posts
    1,168
    Found some yesterday except Merman and MAA. Not really my thing but I bought them for the packaging
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Ahhhh! I¬’m so jealous! Buy me one! Lol

    That means you also get to buy some different card backs right? Was that darker skinned Clamp Champ there?

    Have a wonderful time!
    Lol ya know I was so excited over the five pack and just seeing the freaking display that I didn't even think about looking at the card backs, but we will be going back so I will definitely do more detailed examining on the second trip.

    And thank you!!!
    Last edited by depp76; June 16, 2021 at 09:40pm.

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior Thunderkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    857
    Hmm, interesting. I've just noticed that the MOTU logo on the base is closer to the 'Revelations' style lettering.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

    Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior diosoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    WKRP in Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,676
    I found several at Dollar Tree this morning, got everyone but Orko which is too big to scale with the rest(a mini Orko with some magic effects on the base would have been a better design). The sculpts are good, paints are hit or miss though. Only one MAA didn't have a giant scrape on the front of the armor. Bit annoyed that MAA also has the mustache painted on since these are otherwise replicas of the 80s toys. I'd expect these to be in stores for a while, as DT is still stocking those mini DC & Barbie figures I've seen for over a year. But as much as I want more of them(I'd buy 1 of every vintage toy they remake in this style), these mini lines usually only get 1 batch and call it quits so I'm cautiously pessimistic that we won't see any more waves.
    Last edited by diosoth; June 19, 2021 at 01:31pm.

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior banthafett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,007
    Haven't found these yet.

    I know the gi joe and transformers ones flew off the shelf around here, so I hope I didn't miss these.

  9. #34
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    11,626
    They're definitely odd, but imo kinda cool in an outside-of-the-box, retro sort of way.

    I'm of a mind that anything about MOTU that isn't denigrating is good for the franchise -- i.e., keeps it in the public's eyes.

    I'm not a collector but there's something about these little guys that appeals to me. I wouldn't be against having a small collection of them sitting on my desk.

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,753
    My box arrived from dollar tree. Only took a month. Last time I ship to store

    67CF52A6-F5C3-41CA-B302-39E5B3D2359C by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr

    I need that box setÖ.thatís money.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  11. #36
    Heroic Toy Addict soundwavempl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,216
    I have hit 5 different Dollar Tree stores in the past week or two and have yet to find any of these.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

    MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

    My Feedback Thread

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior Fandabidozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    When I was young, I didn't really have Star Wars figures, but I did have the Micro series, which were small cast metal figures and playsets they put out in the early 80's.

    What was cool about them was they came as a playset. I had a huge Hoth playset, which you could buy in separate sections and snap them together to make one giant playset.

    These MOTU figures are a similar size. It would be cool to have a variety of these figures as well as playsets like Greyskull and Snake mountain. The key being a smaller price point for people who want to collect MOTU, but can't afford the larger higher priced items.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I only ever had two MOTU figures and I cut out the pictures on the back of the packaging and used to play with those.

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior manowar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    I only ever had two MOTU figures and I cut out the pictures on the back of the packaging and used to play with those.
    Back in the 50's and 60's, you would have some toy that would come with some sort of cheap cardboard backdrop or something that they thought gave an extra value to the toy. I actually think if someone came out with really good fantasy art that gave you something from Eternia, people would buy them up. Just like the play mat for Greyskull. It would be a printed cardboard cutout, cheap, you could make it a pretty good size. I think they're really doing a great job at the box art for the Origins figures and vehicles. Imagine getting some of that similar stuff on a large backdrop you could display behind your figures.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior Thunderkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Back in the 50's and 60's, you would have some toy that would come with some sort of cheap cardboard backdrop or something that they thought gave an extra value to the toy. I actually think if someone came out with really good fantasy art that gave you something from Eternia, people would buy them up. Just like the play mat for Greyskull. It would be a printed cardboard cutout, cheap, you could make it a pretty good size. I think they're really doing a great job at the box art for the Origins figures and vehicles. Imagine getting some of that similar stuff on a large backdrop you could display behind your figures.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    This. I'd even go as far as to say a cheap even vac-form plastic base and cardboard backdrop would be killer.

    Now I want to make one.... lol!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

    Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior manowar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    This. I'd even go as far as to say a cheap even vac-form plastic base and cardboard backdrop would be killer.

    Now I want to make one.... lol!
    I wanted to make some vac form cliffs to set up around the Classics Snake mountain and make a Mountain range. Even found that they make purple ABS sheet

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior diosoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    WKRP in Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,676
    I got the Orko I passed on last time(none of them had sold) & a spare each of He-Man & Skeletor. Outside of Orko they sold well(honestly at $1 each most of this stuff does). They need to redo that one as a smaller figure with a base or something to make it scale better, if this line does continue. Now how do they manage Trap Jaw or Roboto? Variants with different arms? I doubt small plug-in accessories would be a good idea at that size.

    I do believe they're slightly small to scale with the DC figures though. I got Joker & 89 Batman while I was there.

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Now how do they manage Trap Jaw or Roboto? Variants with different arms? I doubt small plug-in accessories would be a good idea at that size.
    I'll be really surprised if there's a wave two. These dollar store types of figures tend to be one-and-done. But if they did do Trap Jaw or Roboto, guaranteed they'd pick a single, non-removable arm attachment. Just like how He-Man is permanently holding his sword or Skeletor his staff. No way they'd actually offer swappable parts or variants with different arms.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  18. #43
    Heroic Dad, Teacher, Nerd Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    13,166
    I checked another DT today and still keep coming up empty. I might just order a case.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior lavamanefaces's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    83
    Might anyone have a pic of these guys posed with the Grayskull and Snake Mountain that came with the blind minis?

  20. #45
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    I only ever had two MOTU figures and I cut out the pictures on the back of the packaging and used to play with those.
    One of my best friends used to draw figures he didn't have to cut out and use with his real figures when he played. He did this with every line.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cox's Creek, KY
    Posts
    549
    Dollar General has had five packs of the Barbie sets in the past along with the singles so they may get the MOTU five pack.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I'll be really surprised if there's a wave two. These dollar store types of figures tend to be one-and-done. But if they did do Trap Jaw or Roboto, guaranteed they'd pick a single, non-removable arm attachment. Just like how He-Man is permanently holding his sword or Skeletor his staff. No way they'd actually offer swappable parts or variants with different arms.
    The Barbie and DC ones have gotten a new assortment each year. Granted with the DC ones it is pretty much the same characters over just different poses and/or costumes.
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior darkmoon766's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,685
    Can anyone post a picture of this 5 pack? My browser shows the attachment as invalid.

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Can anyone post a picture of this 5 pack? My browser shows the attachment as invalid.
    Iíve searched all over for an image, no go. Maybe depp76 Can repost the pic?

  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Iíve searched all over for an image, no go. Maybe depp76 Can repost the pic?
    Sure I can!! 😁

    Screenshot_20210929-084436.jpg

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    There it is! Thanks, depp76! I sure hope to someday find this 5-pack. Itís very hard to look up- all I can find are the singles. Lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •