Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motu micro collection mini figs 2021 wave 1

When I was young, I didn't really have Star Wars figures, but I did have the Micro series, which were small cast metal figures and playsets they put out in the early 80's.

What was cool about them was they came as a playset. I had a huge Hoth playset, which you could buy in separate sections and snap them together to make one giant playset.

These MOTU figures are a similar size. It would be cool to have a variety of these figures as well as playsets like Greyskull and Snake mountain. The key being a smaller price point for people who want to collect MOTU, but can't afford the larger higher priced items.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    When I was young, I didn't really have Star Wars figures, but I did have the Micro series, which were small cast metal figures and playsets they put out in the early 80's.

What was cool about them was they came as a playset. I had a huge Hoth playset, which you could buy in separate sections and snap them together to make one giant playset.

These MOTU figures are a similar size. It would be cool to have a variety of these figures as well as playsets like Greyskull and Snake mountain. The key being a smaller price point for people who want to collect MOTU, but can't afford the larger higher priced items.

Yeah I had some of those Starwars Diecast figures. They were really cool because of the playsets. These seem to be a little larger and of course are plastic. Since they are so close in scale to Construx I don't think you would ever see playsets for them. But they probably would go well with those statues that were released a few years ago.

Heroic Warrior
    I'll just paint these guys up and call it a day:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by justwannalook View Post
    I'll just paint these guys up and call it a day:
    https://i.imgur.com/Gu8t30j.jpg?1
    What are these? Motuscle?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Jake DX View Post
    What are these? Motuscle?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    They're some vending machine figures from the '80's. I happened on some new old stock a few months back and have a few sets of them.

If they're distributed like the 200X minifigs, I never saw them in regular retail. They went straight to Dollar General/Big Lots/Dollar Tree/Family Dollar.

Some of my favorite toys as a kid were the Grenadier MOTU lead minis. I couldn't get into the Mega Construx or any of the similar exaggerated/SD/block style of minifigures; I prefer more realistic looking miniatures like the World's Smallest line. These will be right up my alley if they hit the US.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved the SW minis as a kid. They scaled better with some of the vehicles like the Imperial Walker and AT-AT than the 3 3/4" figures.

I think that's why Micro Machines did so well. You could buy a set of MM vehicles and play environments for the cost of a couple of Hot Wheels. Kids could carry thousands of them in their backpack. I never got into MUSCLE or anything, but was crazy about Monster in My Pocket.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Same here. The mini Boba Fett from the Bespin Freeze Chamber was my favorite set. I still have the rare Micro Collection Millennium Falcon as it is one of my treasures. Much better in scale than the larger falcon.

The Mega Construx line is close to this but the prices for Grayskull are nuts now. Hope the He-Man figures are plastic as the paint on the Star Wars ones chipped so easily.

Heroic Warrior
    While I will certainly buy a couple of sets if I find them I do have a complaint for the designer of this line. Why are He-Man and Skeletor both posed facing the same direction? They should have been posed facing each other so that if displayed on an shelf they look like they're about to fight. Same could be said for Man-at-Arms and Mer-Man. Maybe He-Man is supposed to be fighting Mer-Man and MaA is supposed to be fighting Skeletor but...

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    If they're distributed like the 200X minifigs, I never saw them in regular retail. They went straight to Dollar General/Big Lots/Dollar Tree/Family Dollar.
    I remember finding wave 2 at a dollar store, and I think wave 1 could be found at Walmart and KB Toys...

My figures arrived today. I'm *very* impressed with their quality (considering their small size).

MOTU-MC01.jpg MOTU-MC03.jpg MOTU-MC02.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by macbee View Post
    My figures arrived today. I'm *very* impressed with their quality (considering their small size).

MOTU-MC01.jpg MOTU-MC03.jpg MOTU-MC02.jpg
    Awesome! From where?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Jake DX View Post
    Awesome! From where?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    I've bought them at a Brazilian store called Americanas.

Guys, these are stateside! Got a whole set last night at Dollar Tree!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPbEWHhA...dium=copy_link

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Either Skeletor or He-Man should be facing the opposite direction. Hard for static figures to fight one another when they're facing the same direction.

These are available by the case on their website. I ordered mine a couple of days ago, and it's out for delivery today.

https://www.dollartree.com/mattel-mi...gurines/328550

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    These are available by the case on their website. I ordered mine a couple of days ago, and it's out for delivery today.

Thank you so much for the heads up! Ordered a case! The workers at my Dollar Trees are getting sick of me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Either Skeletor or He-Man should be facing the opposite direction. Hard for static figures to fight one another when they're facing the same direction.
    I felt the same about some other “micro” figures. They are all facing the same way- would love if they could “face-off”. With the DC ones Superman looks like he’s farting.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post

Thank you! I had a case sent to my local store.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I picked these up at the local Dollar Tree. I like them, but I think one should probably try to get these in person since I saw a fair amount with bad paint aps.

Found these locally today. I have to say, for dollar store mini-figures, they look really good. Honestly, the paint and sculpting quality are much better than you'd expect. I hope they do more.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Found these locally today. I have to say, for dollar store mini-figures, they look really good. Honestly, the paint and sculpting quality are much better than you'd expect. I hope they do more.
    I got my case in the mail today. Like you said, the quality is way better than I thought and I’m actually really impressed with these! I do hope there is a wave 2

My find at Dollar Tree!

I haven’t been on here in a while so maybe this has already been posted. A friend of mine texted me pics from Dollar Tree and asked if I want her to pick these up for me. At first I said no, then I decided to go get them. $1 each!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great find! I really love these micro figures and the detail is surprisingly good! I broke down and bought a case on their website. I decided I will give the rest out as gifts or party favors

Oh, and if you need something to read, here’s the thread on these:

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...gs-2021-wave-1

Someone in Mexico found a boxed set of these with window packaging. I’m hoping to find those too
    Last edited by Glasstor; June 16, 2021 at 01:13am. Reason: Added link

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen anything about how the Origins figures are made, but it looks like they scanned the old vintage figures and used 3D software to add articulation/joints and then 3D printed those to make the molds. With these micro figs, to me, it appears they used those same Origins 3D models and "posed" them, took out the joints/articulation, 3D printed and molded from that.

I have nothing to base this on but speculation. If anyone knows the actual process they used, I would love to learn more about it.
    Last edited by Hamato Yoshi; June 16, 2021 at 10:44am.