Thread: Composer Ralph Schuckett Passes Away

Composer Ralph Schuckett Passes Away

I heard over Instagram that legendary composer Ralph Schuckett has passed away. Not only did he compose the music for the 2003-2009 version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series (one of my favourite TMNT versions), he also composed and wrote music with several legendary musicians, including Belinda Carlisle and Charlotte Caffey for Belinda's 1993 solo album Real and Charlotte's Perfect View album with The Graces (also featuring Meredith Brooks and Gia Ciambotti). Belinda shared a message from Ralph's son Casey. Ralph was a very talented musician.

*I want to thank everyone who's reached out, online or otherwise, with kind words and memories of my dad. The outpouring of love has been overwhelming. Anyone who knew Ralph knows what a brilliant musician he was and how much his love of music was a driving force in his life. Beyond that, everyone who knew Ralph knows what a warm, generous, funny, humble, and compassionate human he was. He was truly the best dad, a great friend, and he leaves such an absence in his wake. As much as we are devastated by the loss, we are relieved that he is at peace and without suffering. Thank you again for your comforting words and shared memories. It's these stories that keep Ralphie alive, and they've been such a gift right now as we grieve.

Love, Casey*

- - - Updated - - -

I only just discovered Ralph also composed the music for another of my favourite animated series, WINX Club, and along with The Go-Go's, Ralph also worked with other Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame nominees Todd Rundgren and Carole King. I hope he is paid a tribute from the R&RHOF.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Ralph Shuckett was a very talented composer and keyboardist. He made his debut as a session keyboard player on the legendary psychedelic album Head by the Monkees, which any fan of sixties rock should have in his or her collection. RIP Mr. Shuckett.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

He was the staple keyboardist for Utopia too, Todd Rundgren's band. he had a remarkable career and wishes and pray for him and family. RIP.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

I just realised when I mentioned Casey Schuckett, I assumed HE was Ralph Schuckett's son, but SHE could be Ralph's daughter. Casey can denote either gender. Sorry about that. I only know Ralph's artistry, and not much about his personal life or family.

Ralph and Todd Rundgren also played various instruments and sang backing vocals on the Bette Midler album Songs For The New Depression, including the songs I Don't Want The Night To End, Mr Rockefeller, Shiver Me Timbers, Tragedy and Let Me Just Follow Behind.

Together with Charlotte Caffey, Meredith Brooks & Gia Ciambotti, Ralph also co-wrote and produced other songs with The Graces including Perfect View (sung by Charlotte) and Out In The Fields (co-written with Belinda Carlisle) and performed by Charlotte, Meredith and Gia together.

- - - Updated - - -

Charlotte Caffey and Ralph Schuckett made beautiful keyboard music together.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)