Thread: Stand Sorceress Stand!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior

Stand Sorceress Stand!!!!!!!

Paid stupid money for vintage sorceress of greedBay a while back.....but at least I finally got her I guess......but I just cant get her to stand, has anyone achieved it? Is there a trick? Part of the problem is her tiny feet.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Ghast View Post
    Paid stupid money for vintage sorceress of greedBay a while back.....but at least I finally got her I guess......but I just cant get her to stand, has anyone achieved it? Is there a trick? Part of the problem is her tiny feet.
    I had the same problem when I got mine last year. I bought a nice one too, and the legs were flopping all over the place. Once I changed the leg bands, it was totally fine, but that was really the first figure that I bought that I realized I needed to learn how to change leg bands because it was not going to work for me if she can't stand on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by richiek View Post
    I had the same problem when I got mine last year. I bought a nice one too, and the legs were flopping all over the place. Once I changed the leg bands, it was totally fine, but that was really the first figure that I bought that I realized I needed to learn how to change leg bands because it was not going to work for me if she can't stand on her own.
    Any tips on the leg band repair for Sorceress? I have one I haven't been able to figure out because the leg band appears to be too large to fit through the usual plastic hole up in her torso.

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Any tips on the leg band repair for Sorceress? I have one I haven't been able to figure out because the leg band appears to be too large to fit through the usual plastic hole up in her torso.
    The female bands are a different size than the standard male bands. There is ONE guy on ebay I found to sell them out of the UK, and the shipping is more than the bands...
    Do an ebay search for "She-bands" and it should come up

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    She's probably the hardest figure to work on for that reason. There's no easy way to do it. I used medical pliers to gradually nudge the 'She-Band' through the gap. Push, don't pull (until the whole of the dome part pokes through).
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    The female bands are a different size than the standard male bands. There is ONE guy on ebay I found to sell them out of the UK, and the shipping is more than the bands...
    I wonder if we could get NASA to develop some kind of package delivery service for the UK where they use the ISS as an intermediary during shipment. I suspect it would be cheaper.

Thanks for the tip, though. Pricey solution is better than no solution.

Why not just lean her against Castle Grayskull or another figure ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Why not just lean her against Castle Grayskull or another figure ?
    "Lean on me... when your leg-bands aren't strong..."

Have you tried spreading her legs and bending her a bit forward to distribute the center of gravity ?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    I ordered from the UK person the first time around, and it was really expensive. It was like $30 for 5 female leg bands. It took a really long time to receive the shipment, and if it is your first time changing leg bands, which it was for me, you can actually rip the leg bands pretty easily if you're not using the right tools.

There is another person in the US selling leg bands that I go to when I don't want to use the rubber MOTU connectors. He sells the male and female leg bands on www.ebid.net. These leg bands are a harder material and harder to install at first, however, once you get the hang of it, I've found these to be a lot more durable and the legs are much, much tighter for posing. But in the beginning, it took me like an hour just to change one leg band. Now it's more like 5-10 minutes.

I also practiced changing the bands on Teela and Evil-Lyn first before I felt more comfortable working on the Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Have you tried spreading her legs and bending her a bit forward to distribute the center of gravity ?
    I have a filthy mind and a crush on the Sorceress so now my entire day is ruined. THANKS, pal.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA