Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2021 - September 11 & 12 - Anaheim, CA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Power-Con 2021 - September 11 & 12 - Anaheim, CA

Updated May 7, 2021:

From Power-Con:

Mattel has provided us with a look at the Power-Con 2021 exclusives. Once again, they have delivered some incredible fan collectibles that are sure to be exciting for many MOTU fans!

Reveal #1
    MOTU Origins: Horde Multi-Pack
    $150.00 each plus S/H
    Nothing can stop the Evil Horde, and that goes for their awesome figure variants. This MOTU Origins 4-Pack will contain blue-skinned Hordak, dark Grizzlor, a crimson Horde Trooper, and a shadow Horde Trooper.

Reveal #2
    MOTU Origins: Faker 2-Pack
    $60.00 each plus S/H
    What’s better than a MOTU Origins Faker that comes with an orange cingulum militare and Havoc Staff? How about a beast his can call his own? That’s exactly what you get with this 2-Pack of “Leo” Faker and Dupli-Cat, his robotic feline mount.

Reveal #3
    MOTU Origins: “Secrets of Grayskull” Accessory Pack
    $30.00 each plus S/H
    Now that fans have the outstanding Origins Castle Grayskull available for their collection, Mattel expands upon it to make it even better! This pack comes with the castle’s humanoid robot, a 3D dungeon grate that includes a tentacle, and the Spirit of Castle Grayskull. These accessories are a must-have to complete your Grayskull display.

Pre-orders begin next Saturday, May 15th! Details will be posted very soon about the pre-sale. Keep an eye out for more Power-Con 2021 updates, and we hope to see you this September 11 & 12 in Anaheim, California.

-------------
    It's happening!.. as far as we know. We hope things will keep progressing in a positive way.
    With California planning to be "fully reopened" by June 15, 2021, Power-Con is moving forward with its 2021 event.

The show takes place again at the
    Hilton Anaheim hotel
    777 West Convention Way
    Anaheim, California 92802
    USA

2021 In-person event hours are
    Saturday, September 11th: 10am to 6pm
    Sunday, September 12th: 10am to 5pm

The website will have all the info as it's posted.

Hotel reservations are currently active, and most of the rooms are already taken. Way more initial interest than I anticipated. WAY more. The volume of e-mail requests for tickets and vendor spots has been unprecedented! I'm extremely excited about this year's show.

Ticket prices are posted but pre-sales are NOT live yet.
    A date for pre-sales will be announced once the exclusive toys are revealed. We anticipate this pre-sale date being at the end of April, give or take.

Day passes (Saturday or Sunday): $40.00 each
    Weekend passes (Weekend): $60.00 each
    Power Passes: $300.00 each (we have already e-mailed those of you who rolled your 2020 Power Passes into 2021)

We had a little bump in prices. This was out of necessity. But I researched other shows that take place in a similar type of area along with what is offered and I feel the pricing is comparable. That said, I hope to maintain these prices for a while.
    Also, tickets are going to be limited until June 15th. Attendance is limited until California fully opens and we know the exact specs on "normalized" attendance.

Vendor spots are also limited until June 15th. Most vendors who reserved for 2020 requested that their spots be held for 2021. So only a SMALL number of booths and tables will be available when vendor reservations open. But after June 15th, this should change if all goes to plan.

Info for guests, volunteers, press, cosplay, and panels will be coming.

Virtual...
    Yes, we will have a virtual offering. But, it will be limited.
    We will stream a number of panels. Q&A will be limited to in-person attendees, but fans online will still be able to watch. This may be the last year for the free panel streaming as we hope to be completely back to normal for in-person in 2022. That said, it's possible we may offer a paid streaming option for 2022 for fans to watch live panels.
    We will also have a very special online experience. Participants stand a chance to be entered into random drawings for free exclusives. No more details are available about this yet, but I'm very excited about what is being created.

If you have questions or comments, please post them below.
    I'll add to this post as new info is made available.

I hope to see many of you at the show this September!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Super excited for this since there wasnít one last year.

Curious to see what the exclusives will be since there are 3 listed on the site.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Are we getting exclusive hints this year before the reveals? Little pics like previous years?

Or maybe category hints? Origins/Masterverse/Classics/Minis/She-ra Doll? I hope they aren't all Origins figures...

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Are we getting exclusive hints this year before the reveals? Little pics like previous years?

Or maybe category hints? Origins/Masterverse/Classics/Minis/She-ra Doll? I hope they aren't all Origins figures...
    No hints. Sorry.
    These are all Mattel and I wait until they provide me content to share.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    No hints. Sorry.
    Tell them we want extra hands this time. Loved everything about Lords of Power set except it didnít have extra hands like the SDCC He-man.

An alacala castle will do otherwise, the latest hasbro TF keeps me busy
    No hints. Sorry.

I'm betting the Mini Comic Tri-Klops will be one of the exclusives. Too bad it will only be for Origins and not also for Classics.

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    All Origins exclusives?

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    All Origins exclusives?
    I REALLY hope not. Especially with this being the year that Masterverse kicks off... Start that line like the Lords of Power started Origins last year.

Please do Grizzlor right!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    I REALLY hope not. Especially with this being the year that Masterverse kicks off... Start that line like the Lords of Power started Origins last year.
    My hope is that in order to sell Classics fans on Masterverse, they do someone Classics fans want and show that these won't look bad sitting alongside their pre-existing collections. Like, maybe do 200X He-Man, Sagitar, Minox, Skeleteen, or King Miro since those are the main ones I see people talking about. That way MOTUC fans will finally be happy and Masterverse will have some fairly deep cuts right out of the gate.

Idk, I don't have any personal stake in Classics and will probably only pick up characters who showed in up DC crossovers to display alongside my McFarlane DC figures (or depending on how accessories scale, to do some Origins customs, although I'm hoping we get characters like Andra and He-Ro in Origins as well).

Idk, I'm definitely getting all those Origins figures, though. Do we know if this is all of them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Please do Grizzlor right!
    What do you consider doing him right? Like, what do you consider to be essential for him?

Idk, I'm a "real" fur kinda guy, so that's a must for me, and so are the 200X weapons. I don't care about the head or the apron, but I hope they at least give him some sort of melee weapon (even a Filmation style stun stick or a club or something would be fine with me). Although, they probably won't. They seem to want to stay consistent with what the vintage figures came with (and even then, that doesn't always happen with like the warrior ring).

Hoping for an additional single-carded Catra (she is Horde, after all! Even though I'm hoping we get her in her non-Horde classic toy style) to be revealed. Safe to assume this will be another four-pack? The packaging ought to really be something! I'd love to see a classic toy Fright Zone theme "collector's case" that we can put behind our figures, in case we don't actually get a Horde playset in Origins.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

I just hope the packing isn't super huge, so it can fit easily in my luggage.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    What did the lords of power set go for at last year's con? 200?

I made a quick mock-up of what it might look like because I'm excited.

mockup.jpg
    If purchased directly from PowerCon: The Lords of Power ($200 total) and She-Ra were all priced at $40 each, not including shipping.

Heroic Warrior

Power-Con 2021 - September 11 & 12 - Anaheim, CA

Has the Crimson Horde Trooper been in anything officially besides MOTUSCLE?

Bang Your Head
    I'm not seeing any info posted on the original post, and no one has mentioned anything about it, but the dates on the hotel site list Thu-Mon being "event" dates.
    Is anything taking place Thursday or Friday night, or is all the action Sat-Sun?...

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    I'm not seeing any info posted on the original post, and no one has mentioned anything about it, but the dates on the hotel site list Thu-Mon being "event" dates.
    Is anything taking place Thursday or Friday night, or is all the action Sat-Sun?...
    I would like to know too. Thanks for flagging.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

That hotel question is answered there on the Hotel section of the Power-Con website.

Bang Your Head
    That hotel question is answered there on the Hotel section of the Power-Con website.
    Thank you.

NOTE: When you visit the Passkey reservation site, it will show the dates September 9 - 13 for Power-Con. You will need to change your Check-in and Check-out dates for your stay accordingly. Power-Con 2021 takes place on September 11 & 12.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Has the Crimson Horde Trooper been in anything officially besides MOTUSCLE?
    I think I saw somebody on some social media mention a comic. I'm currently going through every minicomic and newspaper strip looking for it, but something that off model that nobody's asked for in Classics has to be from something really obscure, probably from somewhere with a fairly small presence here.

Hey Val, can you either spill the beans, give us a hint, or tell us what countries with unique MOTU comics have the smallest presence?

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I think I saw somebody on some social media mention a comic. I'm currently going through every minicomic and newspaper strip looking for it, but something that off model that nobody's asked for in Classics has to be from something really obscure, probably from somewhere with a fairly small presence here.

Hey Val, can you either spill the beans, give us a hint, or tell us what countries with unique MOTU comics have the smallest presence?
    I believe the red Horde Trooper was only in this bootleg line from Japan
    red-package_full.jpg
    https://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=3192
    At least thatís what I heard. It did even come with a mini-comic!

Itís also very rare... so that would make sense being together with the Leo Faker

That is a deep cut indeed. Never seen that one before in my life!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    That is a deep cut indeed. Never seen that one before in my life!

As for Leo Faker, I cannot imagine it not being produced on his own card. It would just make more sense to do that, than to include him in a set with other figures (especially Horde characters)...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I believe the red Horde Trooper was only in this bootleg line from Japan
    red-package_full.jpg
    At least thatís what I heard. It did even come with a mini-comic!

Itís also very rare... so that would make sense being together with the Leo Faker
    I knew about the figure, but I had no clue it came with a minicomic. That might be what I read about.

Do you know if there are any scans of said minicomic anywhere?