Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1700

Thread: Power-Con 2021 - September 11 & 12 - Anaheim, CA

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalGrandpa View Post
    The thing that bothers me most about the grate is that underneath it you can see green stone texture instead of it appearing like a dark pit. I donít really get what they were going for.

Itís also weird that it doesnít slot over the sticker grate all the way. I may have been doing it wrong, tho.

I was expecting to like the Greyskull set the best of the exclusives cause I love accessories like that, but itís definitely the biggest disappointment. Not horrible, just not quite right. I think a full set of weapons for the weapon rack should have been included, as well.
    I wondered if the communication regarding the dimensions of the dungeon was lost in translation between design and factory, through transposition or otherwise. It seems to be scaled both too wide and long AND the orlax too tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    The coloring books are real.
    Mattel sent me some samples for Power-Con but they didn't arrive until the end of the convention.
    So I sent the samples to the folks packing the Power-Con shipping boxes and just told them to toss 1 coloring book in each box until they ran out. There's no rhyme or reason to who got one. It's all random.
    I stand corrected! Is the coloring book something that will be released to the public?
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Did you check underneath the circular packaging on the Horde set? They were taped to the bottom of mine.

Yeah, I looked and they're not there. It's not a huge deal in the scheme of things...just another let down in a long line of let downs with this whole exclusive set. It's not enough to have to pay nearly double through BBTS, all the delays, and then not get what it's supposed to be. But whatever, the cards don't make or break the figures, it's the fact that Mattel seems to not care at all that really sucks. BBTS says they need to hear from Val, Val says he needs to hear from Mattel, and Mattel doesn't care to even respond. So I give up, like I said in the earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I feel like part of the problem is Mattel is not using the Four Horsemen for these MOTU lines. We know the 4H have a deep appreciation and fondness for the brand, and have an eye for detail and passion that people at Mattel who go from one property to the next just don't have. I know there are Mattel designers who do like MOTU, but I just have a feeling that the Four Horsemen would have done this set properly.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Has Mattel explained (yeah right) why the 4H are not involved in any of the current lines? It's strange because from 200x all the way through Classics they consistently worked on the brand for almost 20 years, so they obviously have a long association with the brand and a good working relationship with Mattel (and subsequently Super7 as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Has Mattel explained (yeah right) why the 4H are not involved in any of the current lines? It's strange because from 200x all the way through Classics they consistently worked on the brand for almost 20 years, so they obviously have a long association with the brand and a good working relationship with Mattel (and subsequently Super7 as well).
    I would guess itís definitely cheaper to do things in-house, it keeps the costs down.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I thought they worked on some from either wave 2 or three - if I recall from an early video Mattel did but maybe that changed since we never hear anything about them in relation to Origins.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    We know they did Masterverse Moss Man, but outside of that, I donít think there has been any 4H involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I stand corrected! Is the coloring book something that will be released to the public?
    If it's a Revelations coloring book, they are up for preorder at Target

Have any non-attendees received their exclusives from Powercon's shipping yet?
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I think most have.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I received my Faker and Grayskull set maybe 2 weeks ago. Something like that.

^^^ Ok thanks guys...

Edit 12/24/21: Got my Powercon figures today!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

So this is the final response from BBTS in regards to my Horde Set not including the pack of Power-Con cards...Mind you this IS a Power-Con labeled version of the set I ordered on the day of release from BBTS as I couldn't get on the Power-Con site to order.
    If anyone can explain exactly what is being said here...I'd greatly appreciate a translation...and no, I'm not returning it.
    Mattel's reply to this issue makes absolutely no sense as ALL the Power-Con stock sold both on their site and BBTS went to Power-Con first. There was absolutely no way to distinguish which were sold through Power-Con or BBTS as they were all from the same lot. So I call B.S. on that excuse.

BBTS Customer Service

Dec 29, 2021, 3:44 PM (20 hours ago)

to me
    Jennifer replied

Dec 29, 2:44pm
    Good day,

Thank you for your patience while our Product team was awaiting confirmation from Mattel regarding the Power-Con cards. Concerning the trading cards, we finally just got confirmation late yesterday that the majority/all of that Horde sets sold outside of Power-Con itself did not include cards. Apparently, Mattel manufactured a specific allotment for the con with cards and then a good deal more for sale afterwards that did not contain the cards - this is why the details for the listing that we were provided did not include mention of the cards. The smaller packs from the con look to have been sourced directly from there and did happily enough include the cards.
    As your set did not include the cards as you were expecting we can proceed with a return of the set for a full refund. Please confirm if you wish to proceed with the return and if you are able to accept a pre-paid FedEx return label through your e-mail.

I look forward to your response.

--
    Sincerely,
    Jennifer
    Customer Service Representative
    www.bigbadtoystore.com
    321 SMC Dr. | Somerset, WI 54025
    Last edited by jzguitars; December 30, 2021 at 01:07pm.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    So this is the final response from BBTS in regards to my Horde Set not including the pack of Power-Con cards...Mind you this IS a Power-Con labeled version of the set I ordered on the day of release from BBTS as I couldn't get on the Power-Con site to order.
    If anyone can explain exactly what is being said here...I'd greatly appreciate a translation...and no, I'm not returning it.
    Mattel's reply to this issue makes absolutely no sense as ALL the Power-Con stock sold both on their site and BBTS went to Power-Con first. There was absolutely no way to distinguish which were sold through Power-Con or BBTS as they were all from the same lot. So I call B.S. on that excuse.

BBTS Customer Service

Dec 29, 2021, 3:44 PM (20 hours ago)

to me
    Jennifer replied

Dec 29, 2:44pm
    Good day,

Thank you for your patience while our Product team was awaiting confirmation from Mattel regarding the Power-Con cards. Concerning the trading cards, we finally just got confirmation late yesterday that the majority/all of that Horde sets sold outside of Power-Con itself did not include cards. Apparently, Mattel manufactured a specific allotment for the con with cards and then a good deal more for sale afterwards that did not contain the cards - this is why the details for the listing that we were provided did not include mention of the cards. The smaller packs from the con look to have been sourced directly from there and did happily enough include the cards.
    As your set did not include the cards as you were expecting we can proceed with a return of the set for a full refund. Please confirm if you wish to proceed with the return and if you are able to accept a pre-paid FedEx return label through your e-mail.

I look forward to your response.

--
    Sincerely,
    Jennifer
    Customer Service Representative
    www.bigbadtoystore.com
    321 SMC Dr. | Somerset, WI 54025

It sounds to me like the customer service rep doesn't realize that BBTS received its sets from Power-Con rather than from Mattel. So perhaps the wrong question was asked of Mattel? My Faker set from BBTS did include the cards.

I doubt many will take them up on it, but it is nice that BBTS is offering a full refund for those that didn't get the cards.

If anyone returns the whole set just for some missing cards they are nuts lol. But yes that is rather nice of BBTS to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    It sounds to me like the customer service rep doesn't realize that BBTS received its sets from Power-Con rather than from Mattel. So perhaps the wrong question was asked of Mattel? My Faker set from BBTS did include the cards.
    My Faker set had the cards, the Horde set and Grayskull set did not. I know I will never get them and that's fine, I'm certainly not returning them, but the excuse from Mattel makes no sense. I figured I would just post the reply so anyone else missing the cards can see where we stand.

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    My Faker set had the cards, the Horde set and Grayskull set did not. I know I will never get them and that's fine, I'm certainly not returning them, but the excuse from Mattel makes no sense. I figured I would just post the reply so anyone else missing the cards can see where we stand.
    It seems to me, as suggested above, that there was miscommunication between BBTS and Mattel. The simple reason the cards are missing, in your case, was likely a packing mistake. All Power-Con direct sales and BBTS sales should have the cards since Power-Con staff received the whole allocation and sent BBTS theirs.

Mistakes happen. My Grayskull sets should have had Power-Con logos on the box but had MOTU logos instead. They did have the cards though.

The lack of cards is (to me) far from a deal breaker. I wouldn't return the set just because some cards were not included.

Anyone else still waiting for their secrets of Grayskull pack from Mattel creations?

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Anyone else still waiting for their secrets of Grayskull pack from Mattel creations?
    I would think all of those would have been shipped by now as I received mine two months ago. But the majority of people did not get any type of shipping notice or tracking for it, so it just randomly showed up with absolutely no warning. I happened to be home when it came, but had I not been it could have easily been swiped right off my porch and I would have never known. Not to freak you out, but I think you should have gotten it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I would think all of those would have been shipped by now as I received mine two months ago. But the majority of people did not get any type of shipping notice or tracking for it, so it just randomly showed up with absolutely no warning. I happened to be home when it came, but had I not been it could have easily been swiped right off my porch and I would have never known. Not to freak you out, but I think you should have gotten it by now.
    I'm in Europe. My packing slip from the Horde pack says scheduled shipping date for the Grayskull set is late December.

I'm in Europe. My packing slip from the Horde pack says scheduled shipping date for the Grayskull set is late December.
    Well then in that case it sounds like you have nothing to worry about.

Heroic Warrior
    I just received mine about two weeks ago

I’m in Germany and received the Grayskull set last week!