Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2021 - September 11 & 12 - Anaheim, CA

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

Power-Con 2021 - September 11 & 12 - Anaheim, CA

Are we sure it is a red Trooper? The image looks like it has gray/silver around part of the eyes. Could it just be that the red is part of the background effect for the reveal and the figure is really just a regular Trooper in the Origins style? I'd be down for that.

(I'm not on social media and so might have missed something that has everyone convinced that it is, indeed, a red/crimson Trooper...whatever the heck that is.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KingRandorFacepalm; May 4, 2021 at 02:20am.
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    Are we sure it is a red Trooper? The image looks like it has gray/silver around part of the eyes. Could it just be that the red is part of the background effect for the reveal and the figure is really just a regular Trooper in the Origins style? I'd be down for that.

(I'm not on social media and so might have missed something that has everyone convinced that it is, indeed, a red/crimson Trooper...whatever the heck that is.)

It's a red Horde Trooper...

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

Power-Con 2021 - September 11 & 12 - Anaheim, CA

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    It's a red Horde Trooper...
    I'm totally willing to believe that. Just wondering how we know it is, especially since it seems like no one knows what a red Horde Trooper is or where it might come from. Seriously honest question.

Am I missing something? (Wouldn't be the first time..)

"Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I just hope leo faker is single carded since I want multiples of him.
    I hope it's single carded too. It's the only figure teased so far that is a must have for me. I would gladly buy 2 Leo Fakers and skip everything else if it were single carded.

Also, I really hope he has the left gripping hand so that he can hold both the staff and the sword.
    Last edited by FAKER II; May 4, 2021 at 09:15am.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Widget
    Its Horde themed characters and oh... Leo Faker. Kind of random, but he is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dust Viper View Post
    Its Horde themed characters and oh... Leo Faker. Kind of random, but he is cool.
    I hope the Horde theme increases the odds that Leo Faker is sold separate.

As for other Horde figures, we know that a Deluxe Mosquitor is coming so maybe they could do the black blood Mosquitor variant. Slime Pit He-Man could be a possibility too.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I hope it's single carded too. It's the only figure teased so far that is a must have for me. I would gladly buy 2 Leo Fakers and skip everything else if it were single carded.

Also, I really hope he has the left gripping hand so that he can hold both the staff and the sword.
    agreed 100% and also agreed on the hands. I'll be buying the max on that figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I hope the Horde theme increases the odds that Leo Faker is sold separate.

As for other Horde figures, we know that a Deluxe Mosquitor is coming so maybe they could do the black blood Mosquitor variant. Slime Pit He-Man could be a possibility too.
    Yeah I am also hoping the fact the others are horde related that it means faker is a solo release.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I think I saw somebody on some social media mention a comic. I'm currently going through every minicomic and newspaper strip looking for it, but something that off model that nobody's asked for in Classics has to be from something really obscure, probably from somewhere with a fairly small presence here.

Hey Val, can you either spill the beans, give us a hint, or tell us what countries with unique MOTU comics have the smallest presence?
    I believe the red Horde Trooper was only in this bootleg line from Japan
    red-package_full.jpg
    https://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=3192
    At least that’s what I heard. It did even come with a mini-comic!

It’s also very rare... so that would make sense being together with the Leo Faker

That is a deep cut indeed. Never seen that one before in my life!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    red-package_full.jpg

It’s also very rare... so that would make sense being together with the Leo Faker
    I knew about the figure, but I had no clue it came with a minicomic. That might be what I read about.

Do you know if there are any scans of said minicomic anywhere?

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    That is a deep cut indeed. Never seen that one before in my life!

As for Leo Faker, I cannot imagine it not being produced on his own card. It would just make more sense to do that, than to include him in a set with other figures (especially Horde characters)...

IIRC the Leo Faker from that bootleg line was named Lord Faker and was now a Horde Robot. Neat way to legitimize a paint variant as a new character or a different look for one. So this is looking like a full Horde 4 pack for one exclusive. It would be awesome if maybe the bigger box item was a Teela and Charger 2 pack. Seeing them on back of the LOP Mer Man card plus Axel recently had a pic of his custom blonde Teela and Charger someone made for him. It seems they might be coming sometime soon. Third exclusive I have no idea but I’d go with mane a toy accurate Catra with fuzzy cloth goods parts. Looking forward to seeing the exclusives soon.
    Last edited by hlinhk128; May 5, 2021 at 04:02am.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Origins SDCC 2019 2 Pack, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    red-package_full.jpg

Wow would you look at that. I had no idea! Well, I guess those that have been clamoring for a red horde trooper since 2008 finally have their day!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Mattel is updating some images, so the reveal will probably be next week.
    Thank you everyone for your patience!
    It seems it won't happen this week neither.
    Last edited by melkor23; May 6, 2021 at 05:38pm. Reason: typo
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    It seems it won't happen this week neither.
    It was going to be. But because of your post I'm going to wait until next week.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Lmao, if it gets pushed back a week every time someone asks, it won't be revealed until after Powercon

I knew about the figure, but I had no clue it came with a minicomic. That might be what I read about.

Do you know if there are any scans of said minicomic anywhere?
    Yes but I have seen it only in German:
    https://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin...0reprogramming

I always get confused if I saw something on He-Man.org or on Germany’s PlanetEternia.de

Lmao, if it gets pushed back a week every time someone asks, it won't be revealed until after Powercon
    You figured out my plan!!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

That was not my intention.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Hahahaha, "good for you, don't take no **** off nobody!!!"

I don't need to see it, just charge me..I'll take whatever you guys got!! I've never been let down yet.

I'm down for pretty much anything.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Melkor23 packing a bag and going to hide out at a friends place til after the reveal.

If that’s the case, and pushed back a week whenever someone asks we’ll already have them in hand and be waiting on Power Con 2022 reveals.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Origins SDCC 2019 2 Pack, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

From Power-Con:

Mattel has provided us with a look at the Power-Con 2021 exclusives. Once again, they have delivered some incredible fan collectibles that are sure to be exciting for many MOTU fans!

Reveal #1
    MOTU Origins: Horde Multi-Pack
    $150.00 each plus S/H
    Nothing can stop the Evil Horde, and that goes for their awesome figure variants. This MOTU Origins 4-Pack will contain blue-skinned Hordak, dark Grizzlor, a crimson Horde Trooper, and a shadow Horde Trooper.

Reveal #2
    MOTU Origins: Faker 2-Pack
    $60.00 each plus S/H
    What’s better than a MOTU Origins Faker that comes with an orange cingulum militare and Havoc Staff? How about a beast his can call his own? That’s exactly what you get with this 2-Pack of “Leo” Faker and Dupli-Cat, his robotic feline mount.

Reveal #3
    MOTU Origins: “Secrets of Grayskull” Accessory Pack
    $30.00 each plus S/H
    Now that fans have the outstanding Origins Castle Grayskull available for their collection, Mattel expands upon it to make it even better! This pack comes with the castle’s humanoid robot, a 3D dungeon grate that includes a tentacle, and the Spirit of Castle Grayskull. These accessories are a must-have to complete your Grayskull display.

Pre-orders begin next Saturday, May 15th! Details will be posted very soon about the pre-sale. Keep an eye out for more Power-Con 2021 updates, and we hope to see you this September 11 & 12 in Anaheim, California.

From Power-Con:

Mattel has provided us with a look at the Power-Con 2021 exclusives. Once again, they have delivered some incredible fan collectibles that are sure to be exciting for many MOTU fans!

Reveal #1
    MOTU Origins: Horde Multi-Pack
    $150.00 each plus S/H
    Nothing can stop the Evil Horde, and that goes for their awesome figure variants. This MOTU Origins 4-Pack will contain blue-skinned Hordak, dark Grizzlor, a crimson Horde Trooper, and a shadow Horde Trooper.

Reveal #2
    MOTU Origins: Faker 2-Pack
    $60.00 each plus S/H
    What’s better than a MOTU Origins Faker that comes with an orange cingulum militare and Havoc Staff? How about a beast his can call his own? That’s exactly what you get with this 2-Pack of “Leo” Faker and Dupli-Cat, his robotic feline mount.

Reveal #3
    MOTU Origins: “Secrets of Grayskull” Accessory Pack
    $30.00 each plus S/H
    Now that fans have the outstanding Origins Castle Grayskull available for their collection, Mattel expands upon it to make it even better! This pack comes with the castle’s humanoid robot, a 3D dungeon grate that includes a tentacle, and the Spirit of Castle Grayskull. These accessories are a must-have to complete your Grayskull display.

Pre-orders begin next Saturday, May 15th! Details will be posted very soon about the pre-sale. Keep an eye out for more Power-Con 2021 updates, and we hope to see you this September 11 & 12 in Anaheim, California.
    Sweet, thank you for sharing. The accessory pack looks cool. Can't wait to see the packaging for them all.
    @thunderpunchheman :Instagram https://www.instagram.com/thunderpunchheman/
    @thunderpunchU : Twitter

Awesome. Hope I can get these.

And I know the packaging will look great. That is were Mattel shines.