Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NEW He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Heroes and Villains Guidebook

Court Magician
    I'm not a huge fan of Skeletor being possessed by a demon either, so I hope they don't go that route. Personally, it reads to me like a cop-out so that he can be redeemed more easily. I'm ambivalent on Skeletor being redeemed, but it would be much more interesting if he's not possessed, is in full control of his actions, and he has to actually confront what he has done in his quest for power. Then again, this is a kids show and I can see them going the 'demon' route because they think it's easier for their target audience to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Where did I criticize the show for doing something it hasn't done? Discussing the trope of redeemable villains? That's not criticizing the show, it's criticizing the trope and saying I hope the show doesn't do it. There is a difference.
    Well you are pretty much acting like the show will super definitely go down that route and will surely suck as a result.

And no I don't think a redeemable versions of Skelator would work. But I don't agree with this idea that redeemable villains is an inherently bad trope.

Hell as pointed out my favourite character in another long running franchise was a redeemed villain.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Well you are pretty much acting like the show will super definitely go down that route and will surely suck as a result.
    I'm really not. Not sure what to tell you, but it seems like you are reading intent in my posts that simply isn't there.

And no I don't think a redeemable versions of Skelator would work. But I don't agree with this idea that redeemable villains is an inherently bad trope.
    I never said it was a bad trope, it's just overplayed at this point so it's boring. That and in my mind Skeletor isn't a good candidate for being redeemed so we agree on that.