Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 126

Thread: NEW He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Heroes and Villains Guidebook

  1. #101
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    41
    I'm not a huge fan of Skeletor being possessed by a demon either, so I hope they don't go that route. Personally, it reads to me like a cop-out so that he can be redeemed more easily. I'm ambivalent on Skeletor being redeemed, but it would be much more interesting if he's not possessed, is in full control of his actions, and he has to actually confront what he has done in his quest for power. Then again, this is a kids show and I can see them going the 'demon' route because they think it's easier for their target audience to understand.

  2. #102
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Where did I criticize the show for doing something it hasn't done? Discussing the trope of redeemable villains? That's not criticizing the show, it's criticizing the trope and saying I hope the show doesn't do it. There is a difference.
    Well you are pretty much acting like the show will super definitely go down that route and will surely suck as a result.

    And no I don't think a redeemable versions of Skelator would work. But I don't agree with this idea that redeemable villains is an inherently bad trope.

    Hell as pointed out my favourite character in another long running franchise was a redeemed villain.

  3. #103
    Heroic Warrior Stratos88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Well you are pretty much acting like the show will super definitely go down that route and will surely suck as a result.
    I'm really not. Not sure what to tell you, but it seems like you are reading intent in my posts that simply isn't there.

    And no I don't think a redeemable versions of Skelator would work. But I don't agree with this idea that redeemable villains is an inherently bad trope.
    I never said it was a bad trope, it's just overplayed at this point so it's boring. That and in my mind Skeletor isn't a good candidate for being redeemed so we agree on that.

  4. #104
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    23,683
    Movie Unlimited has this "For Solicitation Only" placeholder cover on their site. (Using the teaser image we've already seen)

    https://www.moviesunlimited.com/rob-.../9781338760859



    forsolicitationonly.jpg

  5. #105
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    7,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Movie Unlimited has this "For Solicitation Only" placeholder cover on their site. (Using the teaser image we've already seen)

    https://www.moviesunlimited.com/rob-.../9781338760859

    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...4&d=1624727447

    forsolicitationonly.jpg
    Absolutely awesome! I can't wait for this book to be released!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  6. #106
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    23,683
    Last edited by Tallstar; August 26, 2021 at 12:18pm.

  7. #107
    Heroic Warrior Cosmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    273
    I’m intrigued!
    Perhaps it’s a good companion to the World Compendium!

  8. #108
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    23,683
    Scholastic has this image on their website for the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Legends from Castle Grayskull graphic novel that was mentioned earlier in this thread.



    hmatmotugraphicnovel.jpg

  9. #109
    Heroic Warrior Cosmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Scholastic has this image on their website for the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Legends from Castle Grayskull graphic novel that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...8&d=1632941791

    hmatmotugraphicnovel.jpg
    The cover is also on… Walmart.com? Or Target.com?
    Anyway, you can pre-order it there, it might show up in stores very soon!

    Also, I love that it’s more traditionally drawn- will be interesting to see how the designs translate. I don’t envy the artist, with all those techno details :-)

  10. #110
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    7,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Scholastic has this image on their website for the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Legends from Castle Grayskull graphic novel that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...8&d=1632941791

    hmatmotugraphicnovel.jpg
    That looks absolutely amazing, I can't wait to add this book to my collection!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  11. #111
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,334

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Scholastic has this image on their website for the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Legends from Castle Grayskull graphic novel that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...8&d=1632941791

    hmatmotugraphicnovel.jpg
    Excellent!

    These are going to be great fun!

    I hope that kids really get into the extra media and push for more MOTU!!




    Now...... when will the eventual video game be revealed??
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  12. #112
    Evil Customizer smanomega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beneath the ruins of the three towers
    Posts
    2,520
    Is nobody mini freaking out about the orlax plainly hanging out on the COVER of the CGI masters book? Is the CGI show somehow mixing it up with the world of Revelations

  13. #113
    He-Man historian
    Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Hämeenlinna, Finland
    Posts
    14,467
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Is nobody mini freaking out about the orlax plainly hanging out on the COVER of the CGI masters book? Is the CGI show somehow mixing it up with the world of Revelations
    Well… the creature is a nod to the 80s Grayskull dungeon sticker.

    And you do have Rob David running both Netflix cartoons, I definitely can see that some elements might be present on both.
    However, as we have seen CGI has a totally different take on things. So the creature in CGI story might be technically same creature, but act differently (with different backstory too).
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

    · ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

  14. #114
    Evil Customizer smanomega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beneath the ruins of the three towers
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Well… the creature is a nod to the 80s Grayskull dungeon sticker.

    And you do have Rob David running both Netflix cartoons, I definitely can see that some elements might be present on both.
    However, as we have seen CGI has a totally different take on things. So the creature in CGI story might be technically same creature, but act differently (with different backstory too).
    I didn't pick up the nod to the og grayskull sticker ( doesn't help that I haven't seen one in ages )

    In my mind I think they are looking for a way to tie together all things MOTU and hit reset to have one clear vision of masters but sometimes ....
    I think too much

  15. #115
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    23,683
    Four preview images from inside of the book are on Scholastic's website.

  16. #116
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Four preview images from inside of the book are on Scholastic's website.
    I really like the layout on these pages!

    I hope that we get to see more scenery and vehicles...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  17. #117
    Heroic Warrior Cosmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I really like the layout on these pages!

    I hope that we get to see more scenery and vehicles...
    Weird, when I just looked the images were down … probably still WIP!

  18. #118
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    189
    Does anyone have the images? They have been taken away.

  19. #119
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Weird, when I just looked the images were down … probably still WIP!
    Shoot!

    The missing pages were with He-Man, Krass, and Skeletor.

    It looked similar to a DK book, with images and information on full 2-page spreads.


    I wonder if Mattel asked them to wait?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  20. #120
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    East York, Ontario
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    In my mind I think they are looking for a way to tie together all things MOTU and hit reset to have one clear vision of masters but sometimes ....
    I think too much
    Technically, that was the point of the stories / bios in MOTU Classics as far as merging vintage mini-comics , Filmation, 200X, POP, and New Adventures, but then we ended up getting stories, so everything's messes up again.

  21. #121
    Heroic Warrior Orko the Great's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Conyers, Georgia
    Posts
    86
    Nope! Keldor willingly accepts the powers of evil--in fact, he jumps at the chance!

  22. #122
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    23,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Weird, when I just looked the images were down … probably still WIP!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Does anyone have the images? They have been taken away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Shoot!

    The missing pages were with He-Man, Krass, and Skeletor.

    It looked similar to a DK book, with images and information on full 2-page spreads.


    I wonder if Mattel asked them to wait?
    They're back! Click here.

  23. #123
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,469
    Strangely, I ordered the Heroes & Villains book from Walmart. They act like it's in-stock. But it's been days and it still hasn't shipped and everywhere else has it coming out in November or later.

  24. #124
    Heroic Warrior Cosmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    They're back! Click here.
    Awesome, thanks!
    I like it. Definitely want this, seeing as much fun I’m having with the World Compendium, it’ll be kind of a companion to it— covering some of the aspects of the HatMotU side!

  25. #125
    Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    680
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •