Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skeletor Shogun Warriors figure coming from Mattel Creations

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Yeah, I agree, I also justified the high price by saying, hey, it will surely cost way more to get later, and if I sell it, I'll at least get my money back and then some. It would be quite the low blow for them to do a mass release of the exact same item.
    They are kind of already doing that to people who bought the Lords of Power set and are now seeing that they are mostly coming to retail single carded in the Origins line. I'm sure I'm going to love it anyways. It's kind of crazy that my Soul of Chogokin Voltron was about the same price, but is an articulated, transforming combiner with a bunch of die cast vs this big blow molded Skeletor with minimal articulation and paint. I'm such a sucker

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

I decided at the last minute to get one. Then immediately had buyers remorse. Already charged to my card. So then I found out they don't cancel orders, and you have to do a return, pay to ship it back and jump through a few more hoops to get your money back. Oh yeah, they're still not sold out yet.

Even at $300 this was an easy purchase for me. The only additional element I would have liked to see was if we could fit a Origins Skeletor in the torso to pilot the Shogun. Could definitely see Skeletor ordering Tri-klops and Trap-Jaw to make this monster robot to storm Eternia and Grayskull.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

The Mattel Creations website has him as "Almost Gone" now, and he is on EBay for up to $900.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenkdr View Post
    I decided at the last minute to get one. Then immediately had buyers remorse. Already charged to my card. So then I found out they don't cancel orders, and you have to do a return, pay to ship it back and jump through a few more hoops to get your money back. Oh yeah, they're still not sold out yet.
    Re-sell it on eBay. You could make a lot more than you paid.

Heroic Warrior
    And it is sold out. I admit I am thankful it wasn’t too bad earlier in the day. I was prepared for hell. This was at least twice what it should be but it is such a unique item that I couldn’t pass it up. My five year old and I are going to have a blast incorporating this in our origins and classics play. This is one of those times that if I passed it up, I would regret it once the price jumps up.
    Last edited by zeiss; April 24, 2021 at 12:30am.

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenkdr View Post
    I had buyers remorse too but that was because I was expecting a much faster sell out. Great that it did sell out in less than 24 hours. Just sell it on ebay when it comes in and make a few extra sheckles, or just sell on here at a reasonable price to someone who missed out.

Personally, I could have gone without this item being the size and price that it is. a 12 inch figure at maybe $150 would have been more ideal...

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    They donít ship to the U.K. for some reason
    They shipped the origins Skeletor, maybe itís to do with the size but I noticed Ireland was available though, I would have had one otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    They shipped the origins Skeletor, maybe itís to do with the size but I noticed Ireland was available though, I would have had one otherwise.
    Use a mail forwarding service in Ireland to send it to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Re-sell it on eBay. You could make a lot more than you paid.
    Once it shows up I'm sure I'll be happy I bought it. I just had a collectors reckoning recently. Been spending way too much. It's gotten out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Use a mail forwarding service in Ireland to send it to the UK.
    Itís a bit late now.

I ordered mine. Super excited. Got the TShirt too

Heroic Warrior
    I wanted to get a T-shirt but I focus my energy on the shogun because I figured it would sell out a lot faster and a T-shirt would be there for a while. The T-shirt sold out fast! Oh well. As long as I got the figure, I am good.

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    It would be a fun thing to see in a store and maybe pick up for like twenty bucks...

- - - Updated - - -

I know I will regret not getting it but Iím slowing down on my collecting spendings.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

In not a fan of this, and it fits mattels stupid decisions. But they are tops in the game with packaging. It's the only thing I can say they are good at across the board of their lines when they make special boxes.