Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skeletor Shogun Warriors figure coming from Mattel Creations

This is beautiful. The box looks awesome. But......$300? Are they kidding? Thatís a super7 price, and with them you get a payment plan and a month or two to order.

C0917F53-81C9-4200-8517-7D9FBFC1DA74 by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Iím still in at $300

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    why does he have a tattoo on his abs
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I was actually listening to the MOTU story tape The Iron Master today and was just thinking it would be cool to make a large robot a bit like the one in the book.
    This is kind of close enough to it.
    Looks very cool...but not $300 cool.

Easy pass. Looks like Mattel is determined to take a "kitchen sink" approach to MOTU, flooding the market with a bunch of random stuff.

Oh but no Classics or Club Grayskull - can't possibly have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Origins is available at mass retail.
    So they say. I would estimate 90% of the people on social media trying to buy the line have only seen HM and Skeletor. The point was that instead of trying to fix the issue, Mattel has invested more time and money into this thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Jake DX View Post
    To anyone on here who picked up the Mattel Creations clear Skeletor: Did you have to pay upfront?
    $300 is pretty outrageous. Erstwhile, imaginext megazord and batman robot thing are just as big, more feature rich, have licensing fees, and retailed for $60. Must be that fancy box.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    IDK. The bots had cleared the inventory before I could enter my payment info.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Easy pass. Looks like Mattel is determined to take a "kitchen sink" approach to MOTU, flooding the market with a bunch of random stuff.

Oh but no Classics or Club Grayskull - can't possibly have that.
    Classics and Club Grayskull has already been done (350+ items) it's time for so many new things, people should celebrate it instead of looking at the past.

I think that Skeletor looks so epic, I'd buy it if it didn't cost so much.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Classics and Club Grayskull has already been done (350+ items) it's time for so many new things, people should celebrate it instead of looking at the past.

I think that Skeletor looks so epic, I'd buy it if it didn't cost so much.
    Neither Classics nor Club Grayskull are "done". Let's not rehash yet again why they're far from it.

A review of the Skeletor Shogun Warrior.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHCbdMgB9x8&t=742s

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Looks like it's dropping on Friday. There's a countdown on the creations site. https://creations.mattel.com/
    Last edited by anytimepally; April 23, 2021 at 04:52am.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Mattel Exec: let's make a motu shogun warrior robot
    designer: oh, sure, we can make a huge roboto shogun warrior, his gears will be really impressive at that size

Mattel Exec: no, one of the main characters.
    designer: oh, like faker, he's a robot & then we can always re-release him as he-man

Mattel Exec: no, use the magic guy will the organic skull head, turn him into a giant robot
    designer: uh...ok boss.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Warrior
    How quickly have past MOTU items sold out at Mattel Creations? I am trying to gauge how stressful tomorrow morning is going to be.

Heroic Warrior

Shogun style Skeletor- Mattel Creations

Well, this came out of left field...
    https://news.toyark.com/2021/04/19/s...in-hand-424269

I really want it. But I've been hearing it's $300 plus shipping. I think I'm officially priced out of this one.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zeiss View Post
    How quickly have past MOTU items sold out at Mattel Creations? I am trying to gauge how stressful tomorrow morning is going to be.
    High Stress - they sell out quickly
    I assume if that last he-man with battle cat big figure art with the black dripping eyes sold out in minutes, this will go just as fast.
    The clear Skeletor was up for a while but it was one of the first offerings that Mattel did so you can gauge anything on that.

Heroic Warrior
    Ok. High stress it is then! I figured as much. I think the figure is way too expensive but soemtbing about it speaks to me so I am going to try and get one.

- - - Updated - - -

I am getting my account set up in anticipation of what could be a difficult time tomorrow. Is there any way to put in payment information in advance? And does anyone know if it takes credit cards, PayPal, or both?

Court Magician
    Snagged one. Piece of cake. What's next?

I can't see UK as a delivery country.

Well, I ended up buying one of these silly and very expensive things.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    That was easier than I had expected - it took me a minute to find the purchase page.

Heroic Warrior
    I will be surprised if this sells out fast. Unless its limited. I think Mattel's biggest problem will be the anger when they move these to retail at $50-$60 and well IF they release Skeletor again they will never sell anything on Mattel Creations again for that high a price.
    I only say IF they get released to retail as one site said this was to "Test" the market for Shogun Warriors and its implied He-Man will be getting one as well. The smartest move for them to make on this is just DON'T LET IT SELL OUT for a month or 2 and make what is ordered then EVERYONE who wants and can afford it can buy it Or do a rerelease when & IF they make a HE-Man. Also IF what is true about Mattel losing the license for MOTU all it would take is Super 7 to ask Universal (From what is being said they own MOTU) If they can make a Shogun version of MOTU and Mattel has the first right or refusal. SOOOO maybe this is only due to Super 7 wanting to make them and Mattel saying "No your not we are" Who knows
    Last edited by tmthor; April 23, 2021 at 01:27pm.

Court Magician
    I would be extremely annoyed if this came to retail for less. The only salve for that wound would be reissues of the original Shogun Warriors at retail for reasonable money. My only justification for buying this, beyond the gee whiz factor, was the exclusivity of it and assuming I could get my money back by selling it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Jake DX View Post
    I would be extremely annoyed if this came to retail for less. The only salve for that wound would be reissues of the original Shogun Warriors at retail for reasonable money. My only justification for buying this, beyond the gee whiz factor, was the exclusivity of it and assuming I could get my money back by selling it later.

Yeah, I agree, I also justified the high price by saying, hey, it will surely cost way more to get later, and if I sell it, I'll at least get my money back and then some. It would be quite the low blow for them to do a mass release of the exact same item.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    I can't see UK as a delivery country.
    They donít ship to the U.K. for some reason
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com