Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW BOOK: Masters of the Universe Ork-O's Day Off (ABRAMS Fall 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by ZootyCutie View Post
    I did some searching and found this prep page for the release.

For some reason, the title still uses the modified new spelling, but the description now uses the original name spelling, so I'm wondering what the case is there.

This seems to be the only location for the book, the ISBN number doesn't track online yet.
    I look every few days for a preorder, lol. At least now I know Iím not crazy

"Ork-O"?! Um, okay. Well, at least he's still IN the show. And a good guy. That's more than I can say about some of the incarnations out there.

Did you guys notice that the prep page calls him "one of He-Man AND SHE-RA's closest allies? I wonder if this means this ties in to SPOP, or if we get a different incarnation of She-Ra, or if the writer of the prep just got confused...?
    Last edited by Dina M; June 17, 2021 at 03:16am.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

Heroic Warrior
    I did some searching and found this prep page for the release.

For some reason, the title still uses the modified new spelling, but the description now uses the original name spelling, so I'm wondering what the case is there.

This seems to be the only location for the book, the ISBN number doesn't track online yet.
    Just noticed the summary mentions She-Ra...very interesting...

...Wait, is this book connected to the second Netflix series? Or is just a starter for MOTU in general? Because if so, it makes sense to mention She-Ra regardless of what version it is.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; June 17, 2021 at 05:35am.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post

...Wait, is this book connected to the second Netflix series?
    Yep. On another note, I just noticed that Abrams removed Ork-0's Day Off from their catalog. It used to be on page 177 and it's not there anymore.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    "Ork-O"?! Um, okay. Well, at least he's still IN the show. And a good guy. That's more than I can say about some of the incarnations out there.

Did you guys notice that the prep page calls him "one of He-Man AND SHE-RA's closest allies? I wonder if this means this ties in to SPOP, or if we get a different incarnation of She-Ra, or if the writer of the prep just got confused...?
    Iím inclined to believe the last one, even if Mattel would prefer the second.

UPDATE

Click here to pre-order on Amazon

There's a new book listing on Amazon called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Tales of Eternia Book 1).

This book matches the ISBN and specifications shown for "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Ork-0's Day Off" in the Abrams catalog (under their Amulet Books imprint), but they're calling it "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Tales of Eternia Book 1)" in this Amazon listing.

Moreover, the author on this one is Gregory Mone, whereas the catalog says Tom Angleberger is the author. Hmmm.
    Last edited by Tallstar; August 8, 2021 at 11:43am.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    That was my first thought, honestly. The change to Ork-O just seems strange, like a Battle Fist/Fisto kind of thing.
    Probably has something to do with licensing/rights. They have to change a character by a certain % in order to use it. I imagine this will be a totally different character from the floaty blue trollan we know.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    I had literally ONE standard for this show, that they didn't completely overhaul Orko's character, and THIS is what they do????
    They saw your comments and intentionally did the opposite! :o
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    UPDATE

There's a new book listing on Amazon called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Tales of Eternia Book 1).

This book matches the ISBN and specifications shown for "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Ork-0's Day Off" in the Abrams catalog (under their Amulet Books imprint), but they're calling it "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Tales of Eternia Book 1)" in this Amazon listing.

Moreover, the author on this one is Gregory Mone, whereas the catalog says Tom Angleberger is the author. Hmmm.
    Thanks for the notice, Tallstar! Itís got to be the same book with the same page count and isbn.

Interesting that the new listings (both on Amazon and Barnes and Noble) also have an entirely different author from the Bound to Stay Bound link, which still keeps the old title. Gregory Mone is the new author vs. Tom Angleberger for the original one listed. Same publisher, though.

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting that the new listings (both on Amazon and Barnes and Noble) also have an entirely different author from the Bound to Stay Bound link, which still keeps the old title. Gregory Mone is the new author vs. Tom Angleberger for the original one listed. Same publisher, though.
    It's a pity it seems they've replaced Tom Angleberger. I loved the Origami Yoda books when I was a kid and I also really liked his Return of the Jedi novelization.

The book is in the new ABRAMS Spring 2022 Adult and Children's Catalog. (Cover to be revealed)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    UPDATE

Now the book title has been changed to:

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Hunt for Moss Man (Tales of Eternia Book 1)

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Probably has something to do with licensing/rights. They have to change a character by a certain % in order to use it. I imagine this will be a totally different character from the floaty blue trollan we know.
    Except they have not changed the name in 2002 cartoon, or Revelation cartoon. So no, it's not a change due to rights issues. In this case might be more a story decision. (if it was a rights thing, then there would be earlier examples where they would've been forced to change the name)
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

By now, this book has swapped to "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Hunt for Moss Man (Tales of Eternia Book 1)"

Amazon has a synopsis for this version of the book now, too.

By the Power of Grayskull... I have the Power!

A mysterious toxic gas is spreading across Eternia, ravaging farmlands and endangering citizens. The planetís only hope lies with Adam, a lost prince with cosmic abilities. When he wields the mystical Sword of Power, he transforms from a scrawny teen into He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe.

With his friends Teela, Cringer, Duncan, and Krass by his side, Adam embarks on a dangerous journey, facing pirates, dragons, and perils at every turn in search of Moss Man, a legendary figure who might hold the key to stopping the devastating stench. Yet the sinister Skeletor and his Dark Masters will stop at nothing to thwart the unlikely heroes. The fate of all Eternia rests with He-Man and his friends.

As of now it's a blank temporary page, but a second Tales from Eternia book is set to be released in November!

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    There's a synopisis now, and I am very excited!:

The Tales of Eternia series continues in an action-packed sequel following the rise of Skeletor. He-Man's archnemesis writes his own autobiography, from his childhood to his quest for the Golden Disc of Knowledge, in this villain origin story!

By now, this book has swapped to "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Hunt for Moss Man (Tales of Eternia Book 1)"

Amazon has a synopsis for this version of the book now, too.

By the Power of Grayskull... I have the Power!

A mysterious toxic gas is spreading across Eternia, ravaging farmlands and endangering citizens. The planetís only hope lies with Adam, a lost prince with cosmic abilities. When he wields the mystical Sword of Power, he transforms from a scrawny teen into He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe.

With his friends Teela, Cringer, Duncan, and Krass by his side, Adam embarks on a dangerous journey, facing pirates, dragons, and perils at every turn in search of Moss Man, a legendary figure who might hold the key to stopping the devastating stench. Yet the sinister Skeletor and his Dark Masters will stop at nothing to thwart the unlikely heroes. The fate of all Eternia rests with He-Man and his friends.
    Reviving something vintage into a new story.....