Thread: Questions and Comments on the Classics Story

Widget

Questions and Comments on the Classics Story

So, I just got done reading through basically all the profiles that the Classics toyline produced via Wakko's Unofficial Collector's Guide over in the Fan Art forum (there's PDFs on the bottom of page 23, I really recommend checking it out if you haven't. It's a pretty great guide and resource to have.).

And, overall, while it was a LOT of fun, there were a few story elements that made me wonder a few things. So, here's a few questions and comments I have on the entire story. Not sure if I actually expect any real answers to these or not, and they've probably been discussed to death already somewhere on the site...but, I'm just wondering if anyone has any insights that might be helpful. And these might be really basic or nitpicky questions, but...bear with me, I'm kind of a casual fan. Hopefully, this isn't too rambley. Sorry if it's weird to bring this up, basically years after the story's ended.

Questions:

So, first off, what's the deal with the number 5 in these stories? It's clearly a repeating motif in these stories for some reason. There are 5 dimensions, 5 staffs touched by the Star Seed, 5 magic books given to 5 wizards...probably more. Is there some reason for that? Where there like 5 people working on the Classics line or something? Is this a reference to a old episode of the cartoon? They might have just picked a number and decided to make that the magic number for this storyline, like the number 3 or 4 or 7 is in other franchises. But, I was just wondering if there's a specific reason for repeating the number 5 so often.

Why was Stratos the only character who had to return to the Vale of the Ancients after the Reawakening? It just seems weird that it only took one person to rebalance the universe after so many characters came back from the dead. And he was leading his people at the time, too. Might have made more sense if ALL the resurrected characters had to return (and maybe that's what was meant to happen, but that doesn't appear to be what's stated). Again, is this a reference to anything? Or...does this have nothing to do with the Reawakening at all, and it was a completely separate event that required the universe to be rebalanced?

What story is the Demon from the Beginning of Time from? I know it's from the *goes to look up name* Brazilian Editora Abril comics, but can anyone lead me to the specific story? The Fighting Foe Men's whole arc has me a little curious.

Comments:

It feels really unfair for the Faceless One to be punished with exile when every other named character in Preternia seemed to have kids, too. He-Ro, King Greyskull...okay, so that's only two, and they weren't part of the Council of Elders, but still. That treaty with the Snake Men was just...really weird to me. I guess the Snake Men wanted to make sure no one could use the Spell of Separation on them after a few hundred years, but the rest of them only got momentary peace.

I almost feel like it's weird they never introduced a Ram God. We have a ram god-beast in Bash-Or/the Ram Stone, but seemingly no actual god to go along with it like with Horokoth/Hordeous and Serpentia/Serpos.

I really wish that there was more about the twin snake goddesses Serpentia and Asklepia. I feel like there's some cool sibling rivalry going on behind the scenes there, but it never really reaches a climax. I wonder what a endgame between the two goddesses would look like.

Eternia's Star Seed finally sprouting would have made for a really interesting storyline, I feel. Just seems like seeds should eventually grow. Especially since we got to see the Star Tree in the Timeless Dimension. And Eternia's Star Seed is apparently MUCH more powerful than that one was.

Kind of wish Sharella got a toy, if only so we could have gotten a bio for her. She had...a interesting life, and we only really got to see it from other people's points of view.

Poor Sherrilyn. Never to be reunited with her beloved Attack Track...

Tug O'War is amazing.
    Last edited by Mezmero777; April 21, 2021 at 10:59pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmero777 View Post

Kind of wish Sharella got a toy, if only so we could have gotten a bio for her. She had...a interesting life, and we only really got to see it from other people's points of view.
    She actually did, they made her the Green Goddess.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Wow, if you're just a casual fan you really paid attention to details!

About the reawakening, I think I remember Danielle (one of the erudite authors of MOTU bios) mentioning that such event affected people in many different ways. I asked if we would had an entry about that in the upcoming complement to the characters guide compendium to explain some more about the reawakening , and she confirmed we will indeed have more information about it in that book (which I'm eagerly waiting for).

And about that demon you mention, it seems it is from a comic from Brazilian Editora Abril.

I totally agree about your comment on the Faceless One, I never understood that.

One fact that also is driving me crazy is that "bargain" between the Overlords of Trolla and the Elders to exchange Zodac by the Power Sword. Why Zodac was so important (if you consider that there are many other Cosmic Enforcers). Sometimes it seems like Zodac (before becoming a Cosmic Enforcer) was quite special, I wonder if there was also some kind of predestination for him to be a chosen one at the same level of importance of He-Man, but with a cosmic scope. There are also some inconsistencies about his time line, and when I asked Danielle she said something like she could not disclose what she new (without Mattel approval, I suppose) but instead wrote a fragment of what seemed to be an old Eternian song that kids used to sing. In that song there´s something like a mention to a no-time space Zodac had access to... I will have to look for that post, save it and print it to be included as a bonus sheet of my compendium books.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezmero777 View Post
    What story is the Demon from the Beginning of Time from? I know it's from the *goes to look up name* Brazilian Editora Abril comics, but can anyone lead me to the specific story? The Fighting Foe Men's whole arc has me a little curious.
    https://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=4398

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3851117
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Widget
    She actually did, they made her the Green Goddess.
    Well, yes. But, that's really more of a bio for The Goddess "The Mysterious Woman of Mystery Who We're being coy about", not really a bio for Sharella "Jungle warrior who fell in love with a spaceman, became part Moss-being, and then possessed by a kind snake goddess". I just feel especially bad for her since, apparently, she was living with what was probably her best friend Queen Veena Greyskull for centuries and then lost her (either due to old age or in battle). Sharella really lost everyone she cared about and never got to move on like any of the Sorceress's did. I'd kind of like to know...the WHY for any of it. She's still so dedicated to her job (unless that's Asklepia, I don't really know where one begins and the other ends ...there's a ouroboros joke there), I just kind of want to know more about this character.

One fact that also is driving me crazy is that "bargain" between the Overlords of Trolla and the Elders to exchange Zodac by the Power Sword. Why Zodac was so important (if you consider that there are many other Cosmic Enforcers). Sometimes it seems like Zodac (before becoming a Cosmic Enforcer) was quite special, I wonder if there was also some kind of predestination for him to be a chosen one at the same level of importance of He-Man, but with a cosmic scope. There are also some inconsistencies about his time line, and when I asked Danielle she said something like she could not disclose what she new (without Mattel approval, I suppose) but instead wrote a fragment of what seemed to be an old Eternian song that kids used to sing. In that song there´s something like a mention to a no-time space Zodac had access to... I will have to look for that post, save it and print it to be included as a bonus sheet of my compendium books.
    That's actually a pretty good point, too. I kind of assumed the Overlords kind of wanted to keep the Sword on Eternia, anyway, since the most powerful Star Seed in the multiverse was on that planet. Might have been a way to get their foot in the door, so to speak, a way to keep a eye on it. Or maybe they just thought they deserved a trade for their cool toy. The Trollians ARE supposed to be pretty child-like in some ways, after all.

*Goes to look up information in more detail*

OH...I think I get the connection now. The Demon's a octopus-like creature. And Roton is vaguely octopus-like (..if you squint a little). That's why the writers probably decided to connect Ditzdestroyer and the Demon.
    Last edited by Mezmero777; April 22, 2021 at 03:49pm.