Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revelation Prequel Comic Revealed by Dark Horse

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Here are most of the pages from the issue of Previews that feature the new comic:
    I can provide scans if need be, but I think this will do for now ...
    I'd love to get a good quality high-rez scan of the last page with one comic page preview.

The one that's floating online is a bit low-res...
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I'd love to get a good quality high-rez scan of the last page with one comic page preview.

The one that's floating online is a bit low-res...
    This is the best I can do...
    scan0001.jpg

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    This is the best I can do...
    Much appreciated.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

I love Evil-Lyn's new design, I can't wait to get the book and see the series!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    The Power-Con Grayskull accessory set thing just gave us our first look at the Orlax. It looks good.

Credit to Jukka.

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVELATION
    PREQUEL COMIC COVER #2
    Regular: Dave Wilkins
    Variant: Bill Sienkiewicz
    Written by: Kevin Smith, Rob David, Tim Sheridan
    Art by: Mindy Lee
    This is the official comic book prequel to the upcoming Netflix television show written by Executive Producers Kevin Smith and Rob David and episode writer Tim Sheridan and featuring art by Mindy Lee (Crimson Lotus).
    Following the vicious Orlax attack on King Randor, He-Man learns the creature is linked to the origin of the sword of power and also to his nemesis Skeletor who finally finds himself on the cusp of realizing his dream of capturing Grayskull's secrets!
    The official prequel to the upcoming Netflix show!
    In Shops: Aug 11, 2021
    SRP: $3.99

prequel1.jpg

prequel2.jpg
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I will die happy if that's the version of Snake Mountain we see in animated form FINALLY!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

How is this comic an intended set-up prequel if it comes out after the show airs? lol

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    How is this comic an intended set-up prequel if it comes out after the show airs? lol
    Three words: The Phantom Menace

Also, the comic is set to release on July 7th, and the show will debut on July 23rd.

I don't expect much carryover from the show to attract people to purchase the comics. Last I checked, the Stranger Things comic hardly sells...

Heroic Warrior
    These seems like a lot of important plot points for something relegated to a tie in comic...

Looks pretty cool.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    I love that Snake Mountain.

Wow! Those two images scream epic!

I love Bill Sienkiewicz's artwork!

And, I agree... that Snake Mountain is awesome!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

So I'd say the description of the trade paperback pretty much dispels any notions about He-Man being sidelined and Teela doing anything other than fulfilling her destiny as the next Sorceress (not that that's anything to sneeze at, of course- but it's a far cry from all the other stuff certain folks are stomping their feet about for no real reason at all). We're soooo close to getting our hands on the comics and seeing the episodes- exciting times ahead!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    So I'd say the description of the trade paperback pretty much dispels any notions about He-Man being sidelined and Teela doing anything other than fulfilling her destiny as the next Sorceress (not that that's anything to sneeze at, of course- but it's a far cry from all the other stuff certain folks are stomping their feet about for no real reason at all). We're soooo close to getting our hands on the comics and seeing the episodes- exciting times ahead!
    Not really? The description does nothing to ensure He-Man is in the show more than a couple episodes. I'll continue to "stomp my feet" and worry that a property I love is being mishandled, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Not really? The description does nothing to ensure He-Man is in the show more than a couple episodes. I'll continue to "stomp my feet" and worry that a property I love is being mishandled, thanks.
    Well, have fun with that then

Well, have fun with that then
    I won't, but that is the nature of fandom sometimes.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope there's a scene where Teela punches He-Man in the face.

Out of stock? Seriously?

Heroic Warrior
    So I'd say the description of the trade paperback pretty much dispels any notions about He-Man being sidelined and Teela doing anything other than fulfilling her destiny as the next Sorceress

...The comic is a prequel to the actual series, it's not a direct adaptation of the episodes themselves.

The entire four-part story is being collected into one book to be released on February 22 2022.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...KIKX0DER&psc=1
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    To Copy/Paste what I said in the other thread:

I will say, the new chest logo looks a lot less dumb in that picture than it does on the action figure that's coming out. I guess it's all a matter of proportion.

Green Arrow and "Askewniverse" stuff aside, though, Kevin Smith writes bad comics. Like REALLY bad comics. So while the cover art definitely looks good, I still have reservations about everything having to do with "Revelation" so long as his name is attached. And I say that as a fan of the guy, generally-speaking. I like Mallrats more than most people do, but his track record on licensed characters is spotty at best, and that's being super-generous.

I mean, he made Batman pee himself. If I live to be 300 years old I am NEVER gonna forgive him for that.

So yeah, cautiously optimistic, but very strong emphasis on "cautiously".
    ----------

To add to that, that cover in the picture above is really nice-looking, but that alternate cover by Mike Mignola is dreadful, to put it kindly. I'm not a huge fan of Mignola's art in general - I kinda don't like "overly-stylized" art in the first place; it works fine for some things but not so much for others - but while it kinda works fine for stuff like Hellboy, that cover looks like absolute trash, in my humble opinion. I sincerely hope I don't get stuck with that one when this book comes out.
    ....I'm sorry, he what?

Heroic Warrior
    I'll have to disagree with the Roxstar there, while, yeah, his Batman comics were pretty bad (especially what he did to Silver St. Cloud), I personally really enjoyed Spider-Man/Black Cat, Quiver (Green Arrow), and Guardian Devil (Daredevil)

Honestly never read those, but it must be noted that those were also all written by "Pre-Crisis" Kevin Smith. You know as well as I do that Pre- and Post-Crisis Kevin Smith have as much in common as Real Lobo and New 52 Lobo. C'mon!

So I guess Silver St. Cloud is just plain dead, then? Or did everyone just kind of agree that story never happened or is in its own continuity? Man, I WISH it never happened, but I have the scars to prove that it did.
    -----------

Orko: Kevin Smith retconned it so that Batman pee'd himself during the events of "Batman: Year One". And he has Batman personally admit this to a "new sidekick" he barely knows yet has a gigantic man-crush on, who turns out to be a super-villain who murders Bruce's girlfriend in front of him on the last page of this story, which will never be resolved or followed up on.

If you missed all this... lucky you.

That book is where my "love affair" with the works of Kevin Smith ended, and I've honestly seen very little from him since that gives me any confidence whatsoever that he's NOT completely insane.

Still love his older stuff, but yeah, he, uh.... he ain't good.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA