Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revelation Prequel Comic Revealed by Dark Horse

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Issue 2 drops this week yeah!
    If all goes well, this Wed! I can't wait to read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    (spoiler)

Yeah, that was my impression from the first 5 episodes of Revelation. I personally love the Keldor origin story, but in the MOTU multiverse I'm fine with this particular iteration not going that route. I hope the more kid friendly CGI show picks Keldor back up and does his story justice again.
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Heroic Warrior
    Very interested in how

Hordak looks and fits into this story

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    He-Man's cross-symbol has been in the crosshairs (pardon the pun) for a while now due to its apparently similarity to WWII German symbology.
    To my understanding it was because it isn't trademarkable while the stylized HM they've been using since 1984 and almost all his figures in Vintage used it or a variation like the Superman S shield.

Masters of the Universe: Revelation #3 preview images are on Dark Horse's website.

I'm missing a lot in missing this series. I can't find this locally, I hope a trade paperback is immediately released after this.
    Thanks @Tallstar for the update.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation #3 preview images are on Dark Horse's website.
    Coming this Wed... nice. Hopefully I can read a copy by this weekend.

The preview pages are interesting... I prefer a Lyn who always had white/platinum blonde hair her whole life. Maybe going from yellow blonde to white will serve a story purpose.

We'll see how this goes.
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Sweet!

Thanks for the post!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone pick the issue up?

I read the issue and it was pretty decent. I did notice that I had to put aside my own head cannon for Lyn's origins (mostly influenced by 200X) to get into the story. But once I stepped out of my own way, I did enjoy this issue... as much or more than the first issue.

I also think another thing that held me back is my conflicting thoughts on the second issue. That one still kinda irks me. But I'm glad we're back on track with this issue and I look forward to issue four next month!

Heroic Warrior
    I dug the black on Skeletor...bit of a nod to the movie?

I read it. I am following this entire stage of Revelation, but I know that in time I will forget it. 200x is my favorite MOTU version
    Lord Hordak

This is a good issue... still a little too dark for my liking, but fits the narrative being told.

Also, this issue had some stand out moments, like:

Skeletor: "Evasion is one of my unique talents."
    Beast Man: "You mean retreat?"

And

Lyn: "Are they dead?"
    Skeletor: "Do you care?"

And, it was cool

seeing Dragstor, Blade, and Saurod thrown into the Revelation mix.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

What even is the point of this “prequel” ? It has nothing to do with revelations so far, 3 issues of filler and retelling origins stories that were completely unnecessary for what we got in the Revelations storyline.

Obviously the only thing to happen of any consequence will be skeletor uncovering what/where the secret of GS is and this was explained enough in the first episode of the show to not need this at all.

What an absolute waste of an opportunity to actually tell a story.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    What even is the point of this “prequel” ? It has nothing to do with revelations so far, 3 issues of filler and retelling origins stories that were completely unnecessary for what we got in the Revelations storyline.

Obviously the only thing to happen of any consequence will be skeletor uncovering what/where the secret of GS is and this was explained enough in the first episode of the show to not need this at all.

It must be the end times I FINALLY agree with you
    This mini series while it started out strong has turned into the whole issues of what's the point? Two origin issues and both going against the better versions of what's out there. Issue 4 has one hell of a mountain to climb bring this back around right now they could have told this story in 2 issues easy. It's the problem with modern comics these days. It should not take an entire issue to walk down the street.

Wasn’t the point of Revelation to not tell you everything you know about MOTU is wrong?

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is a good issue... still a little too dark for my liking, but fits the narrative being told.

Also, this issue had some stand out moments, like:

And, it was cool
    I also like what they did with...

Magestra and the resulting implications of why this name is being used for disguises of deceit.
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Heroic Warrior

Masters of the Universe: Revelation Prequel Comic Revealed by Dark Horse

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post

It’s fan service and it leads into Skeletor discovering the secret of Grayskull. Sometimes something is just fun. I’ve enjoyed it immensely for setting up a world closer to the mini comics I loved as a kid than the Filmation series. It’s also a lot darker. Those people taking Lyn in were some pretty evil **** roaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This latest issue was the first one leaving me kinda "meh", which is a bummer. When it comes to certain characters, for me personally, I think less is more and I suppose this particular story revealed something about myself I never knew... and that's that I never really wanted to know Evil-Lyn's origins
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Court Magician
    Anybody else having trouble opening the dedicated issue 3 thread? It just leads to a blank page for me.

Other than that, gotta echo that 3 was pretty meh. Art war pretty though. If it is all backstories I hope they do Dorceress and Teela. Or Duncan and Teela. For the last 2.

He-Man historian
    Issue #4 has been delayed.

coming out October 20th
    (earlier info had it slated for 13th)
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Issue #4 has been delayed.

coming out October 20th
    (earlier info had it slated for 13th)
    Thanks for the 'heads up'!
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~