Thread: Loving The Colder Weather

Loving The Colder Weather

With Winter fast approaching here, the weather is becoming exactly the way I love it. I hate the hot weather, and I love Autumn and Winter weather. It had been unseasonably warm between the end of Summer and now, but the beautiful gray skies, wind and rain, frost in the mornings, swirling fogs and the irresistible scent of woodsmoke in the air make me very happy. I love how atmospheric it is between the hills and the sea where I live, and the fresh breezes from the Antarctic blasts we've been having are very invigorating. I only wish it would snow.

I love listening to music, watching fantasy/science-fiction DVD's and reading in this weather and my writing and editing work feels more energised. I am much more active in the cold, and thankfully there will be no more hospital visits in my immediate future, and despite my fibromyalgia and arthritis, I am feeling more alive than I have in the last few years.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    With Winter fast approaching here, the weather is becoming exactly the way I love it. I hate the hot weather, and I love Autumn and Winter weather. It had been unseasonably warm between the end of Summer and now, but the beautiful gray skies, wind and rain, frost in the mornings, swirling fogs and the irresistible scent of woodsmoke in the air make me very happy. I love how atmospheric it is between the hills and the sea where I live, and the fresh breezes from the Antarctic blasts we've been having are very invigorating. I only wish it would snow.

I love listening to music, watching fantasy/science-fiction DVD's and reading in this weather and my writing and editing work feels more energised. I am much more active in the cold, and thankfully there will be no more hospital visits in my immediate future, and despite my fibromyalgia and arthritis, I am feeling more alive than I have in the last few years.
    After several months of rain, snow and ice I am realy enjoying the heat and sunshine and being outside as much as possible.

Someone's in the Southern Hemisphere!

I hate the cold myself. Warm weather is my favorite. Energizes me and all that!
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    After several months of rain, snow and ice I am realy enjoying the heat and sunshine and being outside as much as possible.
    After a brutal Summer, I am definitely welcoming the colder weather. I like being outside in the cold, it's eerily atmospheric and really beautiful to look at, that is at least where I live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post
    Someone's in the Southern Hemisphere!

I'm the opposite, the cold energises me. Hot weather only tires me out and makes my pain even more acute.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post

Yep, give me sunshine, warmth, & good old vitamin D!

I do enjoy the cold weather and the dark evenings...for a while. I'm very glad to have my long days and warm weather back. I enjoy being outdoors, working in the yard, playing golf.

It gets tiring going home from work every evening in the dark.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

I'm actually more outdoors in the cold weather than I am all Summer.

I get so much more imaginative and creative in the Winter months.

I prefer neither too cold or too hot. 23 - 26 degrees celsius everyday is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    I prefer neither too cold or too hot. 23 - 26 degrees celsius everyday is fine by me.
    !7 degrees celsius is considered quite warm here. 23 - 26 is pretty much our warmest Summer weather.

One of the worst things about Summer is leaving a lovely air-conditioned house and walking outside into a wave of heat that just makes you feel nauseous and dizzy, and getting into a car that feels like an oven is horrible. No thankyou.

Give me the majesty of a beautiful and atmospheric wintry scene - even without snow - and a bracing and crisp cold breeze any day. Very refreshing!