Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Overlords of the Cosmos Novel and Figures

Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I’ve been off the .org dealing with life for a few months but, I have been keeping up with your updates via email and the website. I can’t wait to get my hands on the novel and figures! I was going to pick up a Viewmaster and a T but, that shipping cost has me waiting for my next paycheck.

I love where this is going and so happy that you are getting some awesome endorsements! Keep up the good work!

Are you going to grab a table at PowerCon? Seems like a great chance to promote!
    Yeah, I've actually refunded quite a bit in shipping. The prices were automatically determined through the shipping app connected to the Wix store we're using, but it's overcharging folks.

I'm glad you're still able to keep up with what's been going on!

The latest news is that we received the Advance Reader's Copies and are actively sending them out to journalists, bloggers, YouTubers, and social media personalities. If you have a favorite that you believe would be interested in receiving, reading, and reviewing a copy, let us know!

Also, pre-orders for the hardcover are now up on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Novel Arriving Fall 2022!: Visit www.orderofcosmicchampions.com for info on the novel, figures, soundtrack, mini-comic, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Vapor View Post
    Yeah, I've actually refunded quite a bit in shipping. The prices were automatically determined through the shipping app connected to the Wix store we're using, but it's overcharging folks.

The latest news is that we received the Advance Reader's Copies and are actively sending them out to journalists, bloggers, YouTubers, and social media personalities. If you have a favorite that you believe would be interested in receiving, reading, and reviewing a copy, let us know!

https://retro-daze.org/upload/Pre-Or...ook%20Post.png
    Really glad things are moving along! I ordered a copy on Amazon but, I would rather buy it straight from you. Are you going to have them on your website? Maybe signed copies?

Would love to see you and Tommy at PowerCon!

https://retro-daze.org/upload/Pre-Or...ook%20Post.png
    Absolutely fabulous, I can't wait to read this book.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

This looks really fun! Can't wait to give it a read.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Really glad things are moving along! I ordered a copy on Amazon but, I would rather buy it straight from you. Are you going to have them on your website? Maybe signed copies?

Would love to see you and Tommy at PowerCon!
    Sure thing. I can provide a copy to you signed by both of us!

As far as PowerCon is concerned, I will likely be there since it is taking place in Ohio this year. It'll be my first!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Absolutely fabulous, I can't wait to read this book.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianCBaer View Post
    This looks really fun! Can't wait to give it a read.
    Thank you both! I really hope you enjoy it.
    Novel Arriving Fall 2022!: Visit www.orderofcosmicchampions.com for info on the novel, figures, soundtrack, mini-comic, and more!

Heck yeah!

So excited, Tony! It's coming!

I, too, would prefer to purchase the book directly from you (and would love a signed copy)... can you let us know when you can, either in this thread or via PM, how to go about arranging this? Thanks!

Also, what's the current status on the arrival of the figures? (I guess I thought they'd be available by now... any issues?)

Cannot wait to dive in! (Also, I think I've forgotten to tell you that my daughter Teela LOVES the "Stand or Fall" song, and asks me to play it often.

Finally, REALLY hoping to get to meet you in person and hang out at Power Con!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Heck yeah!

So excited, Tony! It's coming!

I, too, would prefer to purchase the book directly from you (and would love a signed copy)... can you let us know when you can, either in this thread or via PM, how to go about arranging this? Thanks!

Also, what's the current status on the arrival of the figures? (I guess I thought they'd be available by now... any issues?)

Cannot wait to dive in! (Also, I think I've forgotten to tell you that my daughter Teela LOVES the "Stand or Fall" song, and asks me to play it often.

Finally, REALLY hoping to get to meet you in person and hang out at Power Con!
    Thank you Kevin!

I can send PMs when the book releases and work out getting signed copies to you and the others interested.

The figures DID experience a problem! They arrived here in the States, but basically all of the blisters came loose from the card backs. The packaging company in China did a bad job sealing the blisters, so now I have had to pay to have a packaging company here in the US repackage the figures on new cards. That process is ongoing.

That’s awesome that your daughter enjoys the theme song so much! It is a really sweet tune for sure.

Hopefully we do get to bump into each other at PowerCon. That would be very cool indeed.

I have this book in my Amazon cart and I shall post about it on my Instagram page for you!

https://www.instagram.com/mikeylaurence11/
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

I have this book in my Amazon cart and I shall post about it on my Instagram page for you!

https://www.instagram.com/mikeylaurence11/
    Thank you so much Mikey! I greatly appreciate it!

Thank you so much Mikey! I greatly appreciate it!
    You're welcome!

Hey gang!

Just wanted to let you know that if you have time and would like to read the novel NOW as opposed to in October, you can! All I ask is that you provide an honest review of the book on its Goodreads listing when you have finished. Unless you thought it was just awful... then maybe don't leave the review

If you think this is something you'd like to do, then you can get the digital release of the Advance Reader's Copy of the novel here: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/qemrqa3l7f

Thanks to those who participate! I greatly appreciate it.

Hey gang!

Just wanted to let you know that if you have time and would like to read the novel NOW as opposed to in October, you can! All I ask is that you provide an honest review of the book on its Goodreads listing when you have finished. Unless you thought it was just awful... then maybe don't leave the review

If you think this is something you'd like to do, then you can get the digital release of the Advance Reader's Copy of the novel here: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/qemrqa3l7f

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/6...694d3~mv2.webp
    I'm confused - it's not called Overlords of the Cosmos?

Hey gang!

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/6...694d3~mv2.webp
    Awesome, thanks! I would be happy to review it!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I'm confused - it's not called Overlords of the Cosmos?
    Originally that was the name of the fictional IP, but it was changed to better differentiate it from MOTU. Just to be safe.

Jon from GenXGrownUp takes a peak at the novel press kitÖ

Jon from GenXGrownUp takes a peak at the novel press kitÖ

https://youtu.be/dQWw9IO9m7s
    Best Wishes and I hope your franchise does really well!

Best Wishes and I hope your franchise does really well!
    Thank you so much Mikey!

It was a real treat to see that respected literary website Kirkus has posted a favorable review for the novel! - https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-r...mic-champions/

If you enjoy synthwave/retrowave music, this track from Tim Butler (aka PYLOT) created as a background for the final battle in the novel is right up your alley.

If you enjoy synthwave/retrowave music, this track from Tim Butler (aka PYLOT) created as a background for the final battle in the novel is right up your alley.

https://youtu.be/Qbpte9lWrtg
    I really dig it! I love how youíve got that 80ís vibe going on! Also, I really love that you have a soundtrack for the book(and play).

Iíve been enjoying the novel so far! thank you for the digital copy. Admittedly, I got real busy and Iím not that far along yet but, Iíve got some free time soon to relax get into the Cosmos.

Looking forward to meeting you at PowerCon!

https://youtu.be/Qbpte9lWrtg
    This all sounds fabulous!

We've had some positive reviews of the novel from some reputable outlets:

Kirkus Reviews: "An earnest, entertaining tale of adolescence and fantasy fandom."

Publisher's Weekly/BookLife: "This exciting fantasy is filled with fun 8-bit era pop culture references, spot-on comic dialogue perfect for kids, and plenty of thought-provoking morals that will engage readers of all ages." (Chosen as Editor's Pick)

Reader's Favorite: "Tommy stands like a hero as his world tumbles around him, much like the much-loved Harry Potter in his magical fantasy series of stories. Powerful and effective. Well done!"

My partner-in-crime and myself were asked to be on the Dead Headspace podcast to discuss everything:

This year at Retro Con in Oaks, PA., the organizers will be giving away 1,000 of our promotional action figures (500 of Fierce Phantos, and 500 of Mechani-Ghoul) while supplies last!

Work on an audiobook version is under way. We should have the audiobook, ebook (Kindle), and hardcover versions all ready for release day.

- - - Updated - - -

A fun and delightful review and discussion of the novel from the folks at Discourse:

Great interview and review. Still canít wait to hopefully, someday, be able to order these.

I really thought(and hoped) you would have been at PowerCon promoting these. I would have loved to have seen some prototypes and stuff. Good luck with everything and the promo giveaways! I hope they are received with enthusiasm.

I absolutely love all these fabulous updates!

At long, looooong last... I finally have them in my hands. What a crazy journey it has been for these things.

Congrats! They look great!