Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overlords of the Cosmos Novel and Figures

Heroic Warrior
    Do you have any idea when the figures will be available to purchase? Also, do you have a rough estimate of the price?

Also, I'm excited for the book, this sounds really cool.

Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Do you have any idea when the figures will be available to purchase? Also, do you have a rough estimate of the price?

Also, I'm excited for the book, this sounds really cool.
    Thank you for the interest!

As for the figures: The two that are in production, Fierce Phantos and Mechani-Ghoul, are in the lab right now being safety tested. That should be done in the next few days. After that, they will head directly into production. It is my hope that production only takes a couple months. The price will be about $19.95. Though there will be some given away for promotional contests and such.

As for the novel: We’re submitting to agents and publishers now! Very exciting.

For those of you who have posted or will post in this thread, I will happily send you the soundtrack USB cassette and mini-comic right now! Just PM me the address you would like them sent to.
    Get Over HERE!: Visit www.retro-daze.org

Trade References: Rodimus75, pH6, Guard Of The South, Vegtablesam, xXBBestXx, Riddle of Steel, AdultCollector

My feedback thread.

You are rad! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Boy! Went to my mailbox and look what I find! An amazing comic and promo “cassette” soundtrack to Overlords of the Cosmos! I love everything about this. The comic is superb- well written and pulls me right in and makes me want more. I love the aesthetic and how it’s drawn. It definitely gives me that mini comic nostalgia feeling.

The concept for the soundtrack as a cassette/thumb drive is perfect and very cool. I’m uploading it now so I can listen while I do some art prep.

Thank you so much Ghost of Vapor!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post

Oh Boy! Went to my mailbox and look what I find! An amazing comic and promo “cassette” soundtrack to Overlords of the Cosmos! I love everything about this. The comic is superb- well written and pulls me right in and makes me want more. I love the aesthetic and how it’s drawn. It definitely gives me that mini comic nostalgia feeling.

The concept for the soundtrack as a cassette/thumb drive is perfect and very cool. I’m uploading it now so I can listen while I do some art prep.

Thank you so much Ghost of Vapor!
    Awesome! I'm glad it arrived to you quickly.

That is excellent that you dug the merch! The mini comic is just enough to tease what the fictional world of Evernitia is like. It helps develop an understanding of why kids the world over within the novel love the property so much, especially Tommy.

The soundtrack has a nice mix of music... rock, pop, synthwave... each song has an appropriate place to fit within the events of the novel, but the listener might decide one song fits better somewhere else. Some things are easier to guess than others; Branchville to Brooklyn fits pretty nicely in scenes where Tommy and Phantos are exploring Brooklyn. Phantos V. Mechani-Ghoul... well, that's pretty self-explanatory. Summer Lights by W O L F C L U B fits nicely at the beginning of the novel when life seems pretty easy for Tommy at the end of his elementary school tenure. Each of the 17 songs fits somewhere.

Really glad you enjoyed it! As more is available, I'll let you know.

Trade References: Rodimus75, pH6, Guard Of The South, Vegtablesam, xXBBestXx, Riddle of Steel, AdultCollector

My feedback thread.

The painted production model of Mechani-Ghoul™...

My feedback thread.

You should lobby Mattel to get these into MOTU now that there is the Sun-Man precedent!

Those look amazing. I hope you have great success with them.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    You should lobby Mattel to get these into MOTU now that there is the Sun-Man precedent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Those look amazing. I hope you have great success with them.
    Thank you both a ton!

The great thing is that these are merely promotional in nature, so it's not a concern of mine that these be some huge success. They serve a purpose... to help the reader of the upcoming novel feel more connected with the world of Tommy Grant. Hopefully they DO accomplish that much.

Also, if you would like to receive a couple of the other promotional items (soundtrack cassette/USB and mini-comic), just let me know and I can ship them free of charge.

My feedback thread.

Oh my. [in my best George Takei voice]

That looks awesome! I’m drooling