Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Origins Wave 7 Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamug View Post
    Seconded. Rattlor especially. He had the single best action feature in vintage and its the only one I consider a "must have".
    If he came out as a basic figure, or if they tried to palm off "neck attachments" on us, I think I'd skip him out of spite
    I would not pass on any Snakemen or Horde figures. I need them for my photocomic.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

LOP Skeletor
    LOP He-Man
    LOP Man-at-arms
    Snake Face

If the LOP figures are already coming out, then my choice for four would be:

Snake Face
    Blast Attack
    Tuvar
    Baddrah

In my fantasy: one of the Tuvar and Baddrah figures comes with another torso that for Two-Bad.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    LOP Skeletor
    LOP He-Man
    LOP Man-at-arms
    Snake Face

If the LOP figures are already coming out, then my choice for four would be:

Snake Face
    Blast Attack
    Tuvar
    Baddrah

In my fantasy: one of the Tuvar and Baddrah figures comes with another torso that for Two-Bad.
    That's not too bad of an idea, but I think Too Bad would work best as a deluxe set where you get all the parts to make Tuvar and Baddrah or Too Bad.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

My Wishlist

Basic-Figures

Whiplash
    Sorceress
    Mantenna
    Blade

Deluxe Figures

Thunder Punch He-Man
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    King Hiss
    Mekaneck

Beasts

Mantisaur

Vehicles

Jet Sled

Battle Ram
    Roton

Playsets

Snake Mountain
    Last edited by Matt XIC; May 7, 2021 at 03:02pm.

-Slamurai
    -Tytus
    ( on Andre the Giant buck )
    -Prince Adam ( blue vest and no leggings )
    -Trap Jaw ( 80s mini comic )
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    That's not too bad of an idea, but I think Too Bad would work best as a deluxe set where you get all the parts to make Tuvar and Baddrah or Too Bad.
    And just like packaging MEF with his different faces showing, Mattel would guarantee people would buy multiples.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Looks like Grizzlor might be a good contender for wave 7 and Horde troopers might be deluxe figures.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

Looks like Grizzlor might be a good contender for wave 7 and Horde troopers might be deluxe figures.
    You may be right. Grizzlor looks straight up out of the 80’s also, love him
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    You may be right. Grizzlor looks straight up out of the 80’s also, love him
    He's so fluffy! I could die!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

That’s a great idea. Sell 3 of them to each collector. You’re just printing money now!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    My wish:

Catra (Vintage Toy)
    Mekaneck
    Clawful
    Spikor

What I think we'll get:

Moss Man (No flocking)
    Sorceress
    Man-At-Arms (LOP repaint)
    Horde Trooper (who will be impossible to find...)
    I think Horde Trooper will be a deluxe release that replicates his vintage gimmick. The button on the chest is too prominent otherwise.

I expect:

Moss Man (No flocking)
    Sorceress
    Man-at-Arms (LOP repaint)
    Jitsu

Randor is prominent enough in box art/minicomics that I see him coming and I think he'll be a further retool of Jitsu again.

Court Magician
    So when is Mattel likely to announce the Wave 7 line up?

Heroic Warrior
    Well, there are some obvious heavy-hitters left for them to do...so I hope to see some or all of these:

- Clawful
    - Whiplash
    - Kobra Kahn
    - Two Bad
    - Buzz off
    - Moss Man

And Mattel better not release Moss Man without flocking...

Sorceress in her classic colors is probably my most-wanted, and I mean they already have the molds or whatever so I don't see what good it would do to delay it for too long.

Horde Trooper and Grizzlor, same thing. They already made them for the Power-Con exclusives but there's no way they made them JUST for that, and I don't know why they'd wait forever and a day to release the "regular" versions. Although those might very well be Deluxe figures, as others have speculated.

LoP Man-At-Arms isn't a bad bet, since they've done the others from that set so far.

Randor would definitely be great, but I wouldn't cry if they also did a more Filmation-accurate one.

Speaking of that, I won't lie, I'd love (and much prefer) a Filmation-accurate She-Ra. There's things I like about the one they put out, and things I absolutely hate about it. I totally understand why they did it the way they did, and it's not bad as sort of an in-between for her vintage PoP figure and the female MOTU vintage figures... but I don't like the "mustard yellow" paint where it should be gold, I don't like the headgear, I don't like the see-through skirt or the tiny Power Sword. A straight-up Filmation redo would be very exciting, for me, and they could do it extremely easily.

That leaves out a villain, though (not counting those likely to be Deluxe figures). Hmmm... for a Basic figure I guess both Clawful and Whiplash would work and are overdue. King Hiss could go either way, either a Deluxe figure or just a Basic one.

In looking at the vintage line, it would seem that most of the villain figures would have to be released as Deluxe figures in Origins, on account of their more complicated gimmicks. Like Cobra Khan could be a basic figure if you removed his water-spitting gimmick. Most of the Snake Men had stuff that would be too involved for them to be basic figures. Guys like Modulok and Multi-Bot would certainly be Deluxe figures. Even without a gimmick Leech is kind of too big, I'd think. Makes it kind of tough to pick a villain for each wave of basics; they're either going to need to start doing more characters who weren't released in the vintage line, OR some future waves will just be four heroic characters with no villain.

I guess if I were picking the characters for the next Wave, I'd go with Sorceress, King Randor, Filmation She-Ra, and either Jitsu, Clawful or Whiplash, pick one at random. I guess Jitsu would come first since they already did Fisto.

Speaking of Fisto and Jitsu, I'd love it if they re-did Stridor and Night Stalker to actually have articulation in their legs, but I imagine that might be expensive. Nice to dream about, though. Who knows, they might.

Since the Grayskull playset seems to be a hit, it would no longer shock me to see us get Snake Mountain, but I highly doubt they'd keep the old microphone gimmick.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

I'm eagerly waiting for Snout Spout more than anyone else (my fav), but I'd imagine based on the tooling and some of the card art we'd get any of these guys:
    • Kobra Khan
    • King Randor
    • Jitsu
    • Mekaneck (based entirely on the Stinkor armor being available)
    • Moss Man
    • Clawful
    • Regular Sorceress
    • Mini-Comics Tri-Klops (we've been waiting for him for awhile. He's been featured on two packages now, and with the RoE two-pack showing him as part of Keldor's crew, and the LoP Beast/MerMan, 200x Evil-Lyn, and Kronis out, he's a sure bet to be out soon).

Clawful and Moss Man based on the fact I'm sure they also want to make sure characters featured in Revelation are available in Origins form too, and with Clawful they can follow up with Buzz-off and Whiplash.

For deluxe probably:
    • Flying Fists He-Man
    • Terror Claws Skeletor
    • King Hiss

My personal, but unrealistic, wish list would have any of these guys:
    • Snout Spout
    • Wun-Dar
    • Zodak

I can't imagine Grizzlor or the Troopers being released at retail so soon after Power-Con, maybe Wave 8 or 9. But its an indicator more Horde are coming...most of whom I imagine will be deluxe.

Also I can't think of any other use for the Grayskull spaceman tooling if someone can think of it.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Afterlife07 View Post
    I'm eagerly waiting for Snout Spout more than anyone else (my fav), but I'd imagine based on the tooling and some of the card art we'd get any of these guys:
    • Kobra Khan
    • King Randor
    • Jitsu
    • Mekaneck (based entirely on the Stinkor armor being available)
    • Moss Man
    • Clawful
    • Regular Sorceress
    • Mini-Comics Tri-Klops (we've been waiting for him for awhile. He's been featured on two packages now, and with the RoE two-pack showing him as part of Keldor's crew, and the LoP Beast/MerMan, 200x Evil-Lyn, and Kronis out, he's a sure bet to be out soon).

Clawful and Moss Man based on the fact I'm sure they also want to make sure characters featured in Revelation are available in Origins form too, and with Clawful they can follow up with Buzz-off and Whiplash.

For deluxe probably:
    • Flying Fists He-Man
    • Terror Claws Skeletor
    • King Hiss

My personal, but unrealistic, wish list would have any of these guys:
    • Snout Spout
    • Wun-Dar
    • Zodak

I can't imagine Grizzlor or the Troopers being released at retail so soon after Power-Con, maybe Wave 8 or 9. But its an indicator more Horde are coming...most of whom I imagine will be deluxe.

Also I can't think of any other use for the Grayskull spaceman tooling if someone can think of it.
    I see no reason for Flying Fists He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor to be deluxe figures. Other than that I like your ideas.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

Heroic Warrior
    I see no reason for Flying Fists He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor to be deluxe figures. Other than that I like your ideas.

But they both have action features

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    But they both have action features
    That would really hurt their "Power Posing" if they're deluxe for any reason it'll be the big weapons.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

You're right actually, they would work just as well as regular figures. I'm still grabbing them either way, haha.

Honestly, out of all their variants I'm awaiting Thunder Punch and Dragon Blaster...the former of which definitely will not have his classic action feature. If they decide to give him the the thunder punch, I don't know how they'd go about it, deluxe or nay.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Afterlife07 View Post
    You're right actually, they would work just as well as regular figures. I'm still grabbing them either way, haha.

Honestly, out of all their variants I'm awaiting Thunder Punch and Dragon Blaster...the former of which definitely will not have his classic action feature. If they decide to give him the the thunder punch, I don't know how they'd go about it, deluxe or nay.
    Thunder Punch He-Man could have a clicker in his back. It would still make a popping sound but not as loud. I really don't see the problem with caps but I'm the kind of parent that pays attention to my children.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/25/2021

Likeliest based on recent cardback art:

• mini-comics Stratos (with hairy legs in skin color)
    • Jitsu
    • Leech
    • King Randor

Next vehicle (again based on card art) is Mantisaur
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak’s Emissary View Post
    So when is Mattel likely to announce the Wave 7 line up?
    Through official channels? Next month since that's when we will have SDCC. Barring that...maybe they will save the news for Power-Con? Regardless, I expect leaks before then since it will be the ordering season for retailers to get their orders in time for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Forcehunter View Post
    I expect leaks before then since it will be the ordering season for retailers to get their orders in time for Christmas.
    Good point, leaks have become as important to this hobby as the toys themselves. And it's hilarious that companies use code names or other subterfuge in an attempt to keep things secret, only to have nearly all of the biggest secrets revealed through Instagram or other socials. Not hilarious in the sense that I enjoy seeing Mattel, Hasbro, etc. squirm or because their secrecy is ruined, but hilarious how often it happens these days.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I was thinking again about likely candidates for next wave,
    I think it could be:

•Sorceress (filmation colors)
    •Mini-Comics Tri-Klops
    •Jitsu
    •Buzz-Off

Deluxe: Horde Trooper

Vehicle: Roton

My current wish list though?
    Sy-Clone, Queen Marlena, Entrapta, Tung-Lashor
    And Deluxe Mekaneck!

Not that I am sure any of these will appear in Wave 7, but I hope sometime soon, and at all retailers lol.

Mekaneck
    King Randor
    Buzz Off
    Sorceress regular colors
    Sy-Clone
    Preternia He-Man
    King Grayskull

Whiplash
    Clawful
    Grizzlor regular color
    Count Marzo

Stridor
    Nightstalker

I also wonder if could get He-Ro at some point as he is listed with a voice actor for Revelations. I am hopeful as well that we could see Stridor appear as it is in the trailer.
    I definitely would like to see more Horde, like Leech! I noted Count Marzo as we did get Keldor and Kronis from 200x.

I huge wish item would be Adam and Cringer 2 pack or at least Cringer. We never got him in the classic 80s line.
    Screech and Zoar would also be awesome.