Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Origins Display and Collection pics (show us what you got!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Audelay View Post
    I watched SPOP on a whim a while ago and, to my surprise, fell in love with it. I then watched Revelation and enjoyed it quite a bit (especially the second half). I've since begun watching the original MOTU and have been enjoying myself there, too. Which has all led me to my first ever action figures purchase (!!) during a recent Target errand run...

Attachment 127922

Do people tend to take these out of their boxes? I plan on doing so and displaying them. I do actually like the way the boxes look and would like to preserve them somehow, though...
    I buy more than one of each figure to take one out and keep the rest boxed.

That being said, I still love the artwork, so I throw away the bubble/inserts and keep the cardbacks and boxes (flattened).

I watched SPOP on a whim a while ago and, to my surprise, fell in love with it. I then watched Revelation and enjoyed it quite a bit (especially the second half). I've since begun watching the original MOTU and have been enjoying myself there, too. Which has all led me to my first ever action figures purchase (!!) during a recent Target errand run...

Attachment 127922

Do people tend to take these out of their boxes? I plan on doing so and displaying them. I do actually like the way the boxes look and would like to preserve them somehow, though...
    Congratulations on a great purchase / loot! It looks great together! So nice to hear how you got into the world of the Masters.

I think there are the fans who open them, and others who leave them in perfect condition, to display in the packaging. And then, there’s those who get everything twice, so they have one open and one in package!

The packaging art is always so beautiful in MOTU, and those old school figure card backs have a big place in my heart. But I like to touch my figures, unpacking them is so much fun :-)

Widget
    Thanks! I've decided to use a box cutter to carefully cut along the plastic and see if I can carefully pull them out next weekend, then keep the cardboard in a box in the closet to admire every so often. Definitely gonna keep the mini-comics, even though I have the Dark Horse hardcover collection.

Picked up another several figures today when I swung by after work; Target clearly did some restocking of the toy aisles.

I hope this line lasts for years to come. I feel like I'm late to the party and have some catching up to do.

Thanks! I've decided to use a box cutter to carefully cut along the plastic and see if I can carefully pull them out next weekend, then keep the cardboard in a box in the closet to admire every so often. Definitely gonna keep the mini-comics, even though I have the Dark Horse hardcover collection.

Picked up another several figures today when I swung by after work; Target clearly did some restocking of the toy aisles.

I hope this line lasts for years to come. I feel like I'm late to the party and have some catching up to do.
    Welcome to the party

I open mine. I remove and toss the bubble, and keep the cards for later.

As far as catching up, a lot of people buy these figures online, as they can be hard to find in store (though your mileage may vary depending on where you live). BBTS and Entertainment Earth are two popular online retailers, as well as Amazon. Target and Walmart are pretty unreliable (in my experience and from what I've read here) as far as ordering online in concerned. Walmart especially cancels orders a lot. A lot of us here live on preorders.

Target has been running half-off sales on the Land Shark recently. Hopefully you can pick that one up as it's really cool.

The Dark Horse hardcover collection book contains the minicomics from the vintage MOTU line, the Princess of Power minicomics, the He-Man minicomics for the 89/90 line (the one with the He-Man-and-Skeletor-in-space storyline), a few of the 200X minicomics, and a few of the MOTU Classics minicomics. The MOTU Origins figures come with all new minicomics. (Every figure in a wave comes with the same minicomic, though, so only one new minicomic is released with each new wave.)

Awesome, yeah definitely keep the comics, they are not in that hardcover collection!
    I love that we have new mini comics, even if they are shorter. It’s the only new material and lore we have for “classic” MOTU!

Got some random pictures today, hope you like them!

Awesome colors mighty mega.

Vorimir, love the stinkor effect! And where the hell are you where there’s grass? I have three feet of snow on the ground and it’s 12 degrees outside. The only play I can do is a HOTH scene.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

In Málaga, South Spain. We're having a spring like winter these year but it's artificial grass from my little garden. The effect is an aura for Dragon ball figures. Just got 3 of them very cheap. Glad you like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorimir View Post
    Got some random pictures today, hope you like them!
    Damn, I regret not picking up that Joker beast when I had the chance

Ambush by Wes, on Flickr

I need more space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    Teenage Mutant Masters of the Universe!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Jake DX View Post
    Teenage Mutant Masters of the Universe! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...95da26ad1c.jpg

Perfect and brilliant!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Jake DX View Post
    Teenage Mutant Masters of the Universe! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...95da26ad1c.jpg

Some of Mark Taylor's best work right there.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/14/2022

I gave Flying Fist He-Man a spiffy cape.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/14/2022

Really cool! I also hade Ninja Turtles figures when I was a kid, I miss them. I got some new ninja turtles figures but not the vintage ones, nor any of its renditions. Mark Taylor for the winner!! Great homage.

GRIZZLOR by Wes, on Flickr

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMegs View Post
    What's that dragon from?

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    What's that dragon from?
    The dragon from Shang Chi, looks like he painted it
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    The dragon from Shang Chi, looks like he painted it
    yep! nothing fancy, just a gold dry-brushing

Working on my Origins display right now....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Also Raines; February 19, 2022 at 10:10pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone have any tips for decorating the inside of a bookcase? I'm rearranging my room and have Grayskull on top of one of those cheap Walmart bookcases, so I kinda want to decorate the top shelf area to look like the depths of Grayskull or something (so I can display some of the CG accessories and whatnot). Idk, should I print something out or like paint it? Idk, I'm thinking either basic Grayskull brick or something reminiscent of the forge from the DC comics.

My King He-Man... the cape is from https://thecapemaster.com/ and the head and sword are from https://barbarossacustoms.mybigcommerce.com

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/14/2022